Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 10:16 AM

2,720 posts, read 5,626,063 times

Advertisements

I thought we made it quite clear that it wasn't all southern women but a pretty nice size subset.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:30 AM

36,522 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post
I thought we made it quite clear that it wasn't all southern women but a pretty nice size subset.
Im sure there is a sizable subset of northern women, black women, hispanic women, midwestern women, jewish women, etc. that have a strong opionion of what is attractive and what they consider "a real man" based on their upbringing and culture.
Honestly, Ive lived in the south for 35 years and rarely have I encountered this attitude you describe. I believe its more a matter of people identifying with what is familiar and available. This dosent mean they are backward or living in 1950 or unopened to something different. Most people have had core values instilled in them since birth and retain most of these values as adults.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Im sure there is a sizable subset of northern women, black women, hispanic women, midwestern women, jewish women, etc. that have a strong opionion of what is attractive and what they consider "a real man" based on their upbringing and culture.
Honestly, Ive lived in the south for 35 years and rarely have I encountered this attitude you describe. I believe its more a matter of people identifying with what is familiar and available. This dosent mean they are backward or living in 1950 or unopened to something different. Most people have had core values instilled in them since birth and retain most of these values as adults.
You clearly have not been reading the entire thread. I was trying to make that exact point except saying that white southern women are the most opinionated and sure of what they think is a "real man". And this perception literally deviates from what the rest of the world thinks of, mostly because the south has a particular narrow view.

You cannot deny that the south works on a different wavelength and that wavelength is usually going against the grain from the rest of the nation.

Sometimes I love it because it's fresh to see something other than what is usually on TV, because up north, especially in Boston, what you see on TV is usually spot on. Sometimes life intentionally imitates art and it's annoying.

Down South, it's as if the media does not even exist and people do their own thing. But sometimes it gets annoying at how rebellious the attitude can be about going against everything the media says is cool.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:43 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post
You clearly have not been reading the entire thread. I was trying to make that exact point except saying that white southern women are the most opinionated and sure of what they think is a "real man". And this perception literally deviates from what the rest of the world thinks of, mostly because the south has a particular narrow view.

You cannot deny that the south works on a different wavelength and that wavelength is usually going against the grain from the rest of the nation.

Sometimes I love it because it's fresh to see something other than what is usually on TV, because up north, especially in Boston, what you see on TV is usually spot on. Sometimes life intentionally imitates art and it's annoying.

Down South, it's as if the media does not even exist and people do their own thing. But sometimes it gets annoying at how rebellious the attitude can be about going against everything the media says is cool.
Not sure who made you the expert on Southern women but you continue to be so wrong on your posts. It's obvious you throw all people into Sterotypes.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:45 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
^^I'll take 1 of her^^^^ over 5 Yankee women anyday!!!

Old 04-30-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Not sure who made you the expert on Southern women but you continue to be so wrong on your posts. It's obvious you throw all people into Sterotypes.
I said from the start that it was a generalization and not true of all southern white women, especially in the metro areas.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
^^I'll take 1 of her^^^^ over 5 Yankee women anyday!!!
The average southern female, white, black,hispanic whatever, is ten times more beautiful and has a better personality than five yankee women.

The North is way more classed based than race based and most of the hot girls are upper crust.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:04 PM

44,354 posts, read 20,059,784 times
This thread has run its course.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships