Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 05:45 PM

2,720 posts, read 5,624,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
I know what the OP means. I noticed the same thing as well since moving to Florida.
Thank you, I knew I wasn't the only guy who noticed this.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I live in California but my parents are Southern. I don't care for the groomed yuppie type, I like guys like my Dad.
More honest answers...I knew some of it had to be about the father. The other had to be about a disdain for the well groomed GQ type.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:48 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,525,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post
White southern women are some of the prettiest women on the planet, yet nine times out of ten the guys they date tend to look average. What is up with that? A lot of northern girls like that upscale yuppie look or the beefy Jersey Shore type depending on their class.

I know tons of gorgeous southern gals that date guys with bellies, receding hairlines, average looks, etc. Some of them shun a guy if he looks too "pretty", i.e. well groomed.

Is it a case of finding a guy that reminds them of their father? Sometimes I've noticed that they will by pass an attractive ethnic guy for a shabby white guy? Is this because they tended to be raised in households where the father told them to bring only good ol' white boys home?

This might be a sensitive subject for the southern gals in here, but it's something I've noticed a lot, moving down to the South.
You are mistaken because real Southern belles do NOT date "Bubbas" and "Cooters".

Old 03-31-2012, 05:50 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post
Another good answer yet still a bit vague......
I'm not a southern girl so I can't really comment. Just that southern guys tend to be more country and a little rough around the edges and not pretty which I like. I like clean shaven and all, but not pretty..ew. As for them being more appreciative..I don't know. the country type of guys I've attracted have been very good looking, not this average you speak of and so they didn't treat me well and thus are not in my life. but I can definitely see the more average country/southern men being very appreciative of beautiful women.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:52 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,065,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
There's just something about a country boy . that's what it is.
Got that right!

Here, let me expand for you...in general (of course not ALL), southern men aren't the groomed, yuppie types like you find up north. They find pleasure in the simple things in life, they typically have a stronger upbringing when it comes to faith, they aren't afraid to get dirty (if they are southern country), they are less judgemental about image with their prospective mates and they show more respect for women.

Now of course, this is all generally speaking, but after growing up in the north and moving to the south, this is what I've noticed.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
You are mistaken because real Southern belles do NOT date "Bubbas" and "Cooters".
You make a good point. Not all of them do but a lot of them do. And no I do not mean a Southern Belle who dates a guy who went to Vandy or UVA.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:53 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,054,719 times
I reckon most who live in Texas and Florida don't have stronger Southern accents, therefore they aren't native Southerners.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I'm not a southern girl so I can't really comment. Just that southern guys tend to be more country and a little rough around the edges and not pretty which I like. I like clean shaven and all, but not pretty..ew. As for them being more appreciative..I don't know. the country type of guys I've attracted have been very good looking, not this average you speak of and so they didn't treat me well and thus are not in my life. but I can definitely see the more average country/southern men being very appreciative of beautiful women.
And by average please do not mistake it for meaning total dogs.....I just meant average. Not ugly, cute but still someone that makes other guys wonder how he snagged her.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:55 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I reckon most who live in Texas and Florida don't have stronger Southern accents, therefore they aren't native Southerners.
LOL, have you been to texas??? accents galore! Florida not so much though.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:56 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Now I get it. Another guy who can't understand why he can't get a SWF.

Must be you.

No kidding. What..do they have Mod cut: language made of gold or something? Ive dated all races of men, and I dont specifically recall white men's privates being made of gold. Perhaps the women are different?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-31-2012 at 09:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships