Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 10:58 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
I thought you were a man.
ONLY a MAN would post something like that!

Old 03-31-2012, 10:59 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
I love crap like anthropological roots, migration patterns, etc. One of the things is that the settling Caucasian ethnic stock in the South is different from that in the Midwest. Granted, there are ethnic types of all sorts all over the place that you wouldn't expect, like a lot of Arabs in Dearborn MI. However, the Midwest has a stronger Nordic-Germanic presence and appears to be blonder. The South appears to have a predominately English, maybe even Irish, lineage, and isn't as blond(e). Then, throw in some other people from Europe (the French, Italian immigrants) who settled in the coastal cities, which tended to be more Catholic (Savannah, Mobile, Gulfport and/or NOLA). In other words, there are more dark-haired, light-skinned people in the South. I never think of a Southern belle as a blonde. To me, she's a fine featured brunette...sugary sweet but will poison your iced tea. J/K.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:05 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,737,906 times
Two sights I ain't never seen... a pretty bulldog, and a ugly white girl ~ Pimpin' Sam

<n b4 the lock>

Old 03-31-2012, 11:52 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,937,731 times
There are a lot more hot girls in the South than the North. There's also way more ugly Bubba types so theres a lack of supply of really hot guys. The North doesn't have much hotter guys but there are way more ugly girls so you only see a disparity if the guy is rich.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:09 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post
White southern women are some of the prettiest women on the planet, yet nine times out of ten the guys they date tend to look average. What is up with that?

I know tons of gorgeous southern gals that date guys with bellies, receding hairlines, average looks, etc. Some of them shun a guy if he looks too "pretty", i.e. well groomed.
Who are you to determine what a woman finds attractive? Seriously, there are men that the world generally thinks they are hot, and I think they are dogs.

My hubby is gorgeous IMO (a newer slightly punk version of Paul Newman, including those sexy bright blue eyes!), but I know some don't find him attractive, but they aren't married to him, now are they? Nope, I am though, I all that matters is that I find him attractive.

Quote:
Ruggedly handsome I can understand.

But some of these gals down here, just date average guys that do not even reach handsome level really. Just think of an average guy, not ugly but not drop dead, tall, may have a receding hairline, nothing special.....yet is dating this absolutely drop dead gorgeous gal.
They have something going downstairs that perhaps you don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
And just maybe those southern boys have such charm that it transcends their looks. I know that soft southern accent gets me every time
That too, not to mention it's always sexy to have a man that can fix your car, go hunt and kill dinner, BBQ that deer like it's his job, then cuddle up on the couch and debate Physics or politics or the History of Ancient China, doing that the whole time with such a sweet Southern accent.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:52 AM

2,720 posts, read 5,625,585 times
Quote:
That too, not to mention it's always sexy to have a man that can fix your car, go hunt and kill dinner, BBQ that deer like it's his job, then cuddle up on the couch and debate Physics or politics or the History of Ancient China, doing that the whole time with such a sweet Southern accent.
Lets not go that far.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:27 AM

774 posts, read 2,601,698 times
Quote:
White southern women are some of the prettiest women on the planet, yet nine times out of ten the guys they date tend to look average. What is up with that? A lot of northern girls like that upscale yuppie look or the beefy Jersey Shore type depending on their class.

I know tons of gorgeous southern gals that date guys with bellies, receding hairlines, average looks, etc. Some of them shun a guy if he looks too "pretty", i.e. well groomed.

Is it a case of finding a guy that reminds them of their father? Sometimes I've noticed that they will by pass an attractive ethnic guy for a shabby white guy? Is this because they tended to be raised in households where the father told them to bring only good ol' white boys home?

This might be a sensitive subject for the southern gals in here, but it's something I've noticed a lot, moving down to the South.

The answer is actually very simple.

Most southern women value a loving relationship over what that person looks like or how much money they have.

They are not concerned or consumed with the meaningless stuff that seems to fill the empty space between the ears of most "city" girls.

You'll also find that southern girls are are more adventurous and tend to do the exact opposite of what daddy told them to do.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:35 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DELL37 View Post
You'll also find that southern girls are are more adventurous and tend to do the exact opposite of what daddy told them to do.
Thank goodness for that.

There is also something about hot weather that brings out a certain sexiness in a woman. It allows them to "Express" themselves more openly.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:36 AM

541 posts, read 1,145,061 times
Default Bless your heart

Well bless your heart! Haha JK. I am a southern girl who was not raised in south but spent all my summers in a tiny GA town.I live in ATL now and have for the last 18years. My grand-mother and mother are about as southern as they come. My mother before sailing around the world gave away all her worldly possessions except for her china! It doesn't get more southern than that.

I married a Yankee from OH who moved south after visiting a friend. He said the girls were prettier & 'at the strip bars they were totally naked' unlike where he was from in OH.

I cared more about how he treated me than his looks. As a pretty woman, I put no stock in appearances only. It's genetic, I hit the jack-pot. I had nothing to do with it. I look up to people that work for the things they have in life.

He is a man in every sense of the word. Recently, I have experienced a number of deaths in family, one was a 6yo girl. My husband has been 'the man' during this time. Taking on all of his responsibilities and some of mine, without complaint. Other family members husbands have whined and complained cause they were no longer center of their wives attention.
We like MEN, not boys. Looks fade, inner strength grows.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:56 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cislga View Post
Well bless your heart! Haha JK. I am a southern girl who was not raised in south but spent all my summers in a tiny GA town.I live in ATL now and have for the last 18years. My grand-mother and mother are about as southern as they come. My mother before sailing around the world gave away all her worldly possessions except for her china! It doesn't get more southern than that.

I married a Yankee from OH who moved south after visiting a friend. He said the girls were prettier & 'at the strip bars they were totally naked' unlike where he was from in OH.

I cared more about how he treated me than his looks. As a pretty woman, I put no stock in appearances only. It's genetic, I hit the jack-pot. I had nothing to do with it. I look up to people that work for the things they have in life.

He is a man in every sense of the word. Recently, I have experienced a number of deaths in family, one was a 6yo girl. My husband has been 'the man' during this time. Taking on all of his responsibilities and some of mine, without complaint. Other family members husbands have whined and complained cause they were no longer center of their wives attention.
We like MEN, not boys. Looks fade, inner strength grows.
Yep
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships