Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 04:53 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
The idea that someone is only attracted to you because of your race is a little disturbing.
It really is. Date me because I am fun and make you happy, dont date me because I am black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
As I said before, if you don't know, then everything is fine. You would just continue the relationship without being bothered by the fact that she only had dated black men before you met her.

The girl above told you about it, and on your own words, "it shocked you." But suppose that what she would have only told you was that, "she liked your personality and thought you were cute..." How would you have felt then?
Do you believe in keeping secrets??

Old 04-01-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I think it is weird when people of either gender "specialize" in a certain race. The cliches are white women with black men and white men with Asian women - it's just kind of sick in the sense that it seems like a fetish - they are dating a certain "profile," but the actual person is less important than the image of the person . . . I think the people who do this are warped, shallow, or psychologically damaged in some major way.
Right!! All the white women I know that do this never tell me what their issue is with white dudes. The answer is simply "I dont like white men" "I dont like white men" and their dad is white so whats up with that. Once I hear this i dont even look at these women sexually because they just seems way too easy now. All of them are just friends and will NEVER be anything more because again I dont get it. Ive been with all races except asain and I would admit I do kinda fantasize about being with an asian with black woman curves lol, but even then I never approach an Asian just because I never had sex with one. If I was single Id only approach because I like who she is and how she behaves, but not to please a corny fantasy. That would be unfair and make my race look bad if I was the first she ever dealt with.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:01 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
I can honestly say. I really do not like those types of women & do not date white women because of it. I know several of those types of white women and I dont understand them AT ALL. None of them have dated quality black men either which really makes them unattractive to me. I know there are white guys out there single would could have made these white women have better lives and I tell them all the time "You need to date a white guy" "Stop having sex with blacks and date your own kind" They seem to always have an excuse for it....but I dont know. Its weird....white women who only have sex with black men is something that is a huge turn off to me. I say have sex with good men, if they happen to be black then cool, but dont just seek a man for his blackness.
I'm white and when I was living in South Korea, I knew a lot of women there who would date the fugliest white guys-some of them would say stuff like "I would never date a Korean man". A lot of them had absolutely no sense of which white guys were attractive, they just wanted one. And keep in mind that Korea is not like SE Asia, as it's a fully developed and wealthy country.

So yeah, I agree with where you're coming from. Some people are just screwed in the head. Others that are merely open to dating outside their race are a lot more attractive to me.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:30 PM

3 posts, read 2,917 times
I am a white woman and I only date black men. I have dated all sorts of different races in the past, including white, but reality is that black men are just so much more physically attractive to me than any other race. I don't really know why this is the case, maybe since I grew up in Scandinavia and was surrounded by blonde haired and blue eyed men, and black men are the totally opposite of that. That doesn't mean that I will date any man just because he is black, I am still looking for certain qualities regardless of race. In fact I have never dated a so called thug, that is not at all attractive to me. I have met some black men that state that they will not date black women since they are loud, too opinionated and have too much attitude. And sure there are some that fit into that category, but not all black women are like that. In fact my ex husband, who is black, used to complain that he could just have well married a black woman since I had just as much attitude as they did lol

Old 04-01-2012, 07:41 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Do you believe in keeping secrets??
What has keeping secrets to do with becoming aware of something? My point was as follows: The OP was only affected when he became aware that she only dated black men.

What if she would have said instead, "you are the first black man I have gone out on a date with"? How would have he been affected by this statement? I can only assume that in this case the OP wouldn't have had a reason to feel sort of "leery" about it. As with averting in life, one's attitude changes when one becomes aware of things that are out of the ordinary or different.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:44 PM

478 posts, read 784,871 times
You think not? Why?

Old 04-01-2012, 07:57 PM

541 posts, read 941,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I personally would be sorta creeped out.

It's like a lot of the white dudes that only go out with Asian women.

Do actually like the woman or is it just her "Asian-ish"

I find this comment personally insulting... so what if he only goes asian women. why do you make it sound negative if a white guy goes after a asian women? the case would be the same as if a black guy who goes after a white women.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:03 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahpc122927 View Post
I find this comment personally insulting... so what if he only goes Asian women. why do you make it sound negative if a white guy goes after a Asian women? the case would be the same as if a black guy who goes after a white women.
Listen... dont get offended.....

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but let's be honest, there are certain white guys that go after Asian women, just because they have an obsession with Asian women.

You surely must see what I'm talking about, I don't doubt that your hubby loves you for you... I'm just saying that there is a certain creepy factor of some guys who don't care about you as a person... they just like "Asian" women.....

Old 04-01-2012, 08:14 PM

478 posts, read 784,871 times
I can't say it's wrong for someone to only be attracted to a certain race, but I will say it's really weird, and I wouldn't want to be with someone like that, because for all I know they might get a fetish for Arabs or Ukrainians next, or whatever. All of a sudden I won't fit because I'm not the right category, whereas, if it's the person they are attracted to, for who they are, it's a whole different story. I won't ever be involved with someone who is that shallow ... yeah I said it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships