Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 10:12 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Yes.

A lot of people don't date because:

1-They can't get a date.

2-Bitter with the opposite sex

3-Thinks everyone is "bad" and up to "no good" (paranoid)

4-Have a physical shape that is not attractive, and have decided not to do anything about it

5-Are way to picky and therefore eliminates any chance of ever having a date.

6- Get frustrated by rejection

7-Low self esteem. Ex- "I'm not good looking"
8. Don't care to date in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 10:22 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
So,if people don't date they don't have sex? I'm confused.
I'm sure some do, whether it's through random hookups or with prostitutes, but many don't at all. Personally, I don't need sex nearly bad enough to resort to a prostitute, and I can't see myself convincing some random woman to have sex with me even if I wanted to. Unless maybe she was really unattractive, and like I said, I don't need or want sex that badly.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:45 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
My best friend is 25 and the only boyfriend she's ever had was the one I set her up with back in high school. They were together a few months and maybe held hands twice. She's not against the idea of dating, it's just that she's not actively looking because she has other priorities.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:00 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallelJJCat View Post
Weird. I don't feel abnormal at all or unhappy at all. But it appears you know me better than I know myself, so you're the expert!
Yeah with all that knowledge you'd think he would be out solving the world's real problems rather than posting on an internet forum.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:06 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Yes.

A lot of people don't date because:

1-They can't get a date.

2-Bitter with the opposite sex

3-Thinks everyone is "bad" and up to "no good" (paranoid)

4-Have a physical shape that is not attractive, and have decided not to do anything about it

5-Are way to picky and therefore eliminates any chance of ever having a date.

6- Get frustrated by rejection

7-Low self esteem. Ex- "I'm not good looking"
Or they just don't want to date. No one owes anyone else an explanation of their lifestyle. I'm starting to think this thread was made to pick at people who don't date.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:56 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,314,195 times
i obviously do not, based on the attitude of from what i've posted here, basically, women are allowed to have the attitude, mindset i have and they can still attract men, but men can not

Old 04-02-2012, 04:15 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
I know at least 4 people off the top of my head that don't date; 3 are guys and there's 1 girl. They just seem to always complain that they're either not good enough or there's just no one "date-able" or their "type". I think they're just lazy and scared of rejection because they can be very negative people at times. We also had a very close friend who had not dated in years. He asked me to fix him up with a friend so I did. He flaked out. Finally, umpteen years later through his work, he met a nice woman and they're now in a relationship.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I know at least 4 people off the top of my head that don't date; 3 are guys and there's 1 girl. They just seem to always complain that they're either not good enough or there's just no one "date-able" or their "type". I think they're just lazy and scared of rejection because they can be very negative people at times. We also had a very close friend who had not dated in years. He asked me to fix him up with a friend so I did. He flaked out. Finally, umpteen years later through his work, he met a nice woman and they're now in a relationship.
i hate how women have that mental radar in them, in which they have very good intuition, they can easily sense, tell, when a man has some some of weakness in him, basically, they have "wussdar"

Old 04-02-2012, 05:08 PM

788 posts, read 1,271,903 times
I'm 32 and have hit a dry spell with dating. My schedule has been insanely busy the past year, so I haven't had much time to think about dating, but I was dating briefly when I had some free time. My schedule will slow down later this spring, so I hope to start dating again.

I have a friend who's 32 and hasn't dated in a few years. She's never had a boyfriend and has been on a handful of dates in her life. She's never even kissed a guy outside a school play. I have another friend who's 33 and isn't dating, but not because he doesn't want to. He's the nicest guy, is good looking, and fun, but he doesn't have much luck with women so doesn't date much. My best friend doesn't date because she's fed up with guys. Her fiance cheated on her. The guy she fell in love with after him cheated on her. And another guy was verbally abusive, so she understandably doesn't date, but would still like to find a good guy. So, yeah, there are lots of people who don't date.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
For all intents and purposes, I didn't date in my mid to late 20s.

I mean I went on dates, but none of those turned into relationships and I faced a ton of rejection.

In retrospect, if I were to do it over, I'd be way more aggressive. I think I'd be in a better place now if I had some more dating experience in my 20s. Instead I decided to focus on my music and friends.

I also have a few friends in their mid 30s who have never dated (relationships & sex) as far as I know.

I think people would be surprised how many normal guys are over 30 and in this situation. It's a lot.
wow, mid-30's and have never been in a relationship, still virgins? why do i get the feeling i will end up like that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships