Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2012, 01:14 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,805,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
No you're right and don't need a degree for that conclusion. I choose to keep people out b/c I don't like interacting with them, that's my choice in life....LMAO @ CBT comment, you've just invalidated yourself with that one. I am always complaining on here how CBT is garbage and never did anything for me. Anyways, I'm going back to work. TC
But you seem to like interacting with them here. Interesting.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:15 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,727,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
But you seem to like interacting with them here. Interesting.
It's called the internet.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
It's called the internet.
Very good, highest marks. Now you are telling me that you cannot parlay the wonderful communication skills and intellect you demonstrate here into meaningful interaction with people in the 'real world'?

Old 04-04-2012, 01:21 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,707,381 times
Quote:
armchair psychology rears it's ugly head

Listen I am overweight but not super huge. I'm actually sorry I brought it up for the fact that now some of these people are going to play 'armchair psychologist' with it. It's not that serious, weight plays a factor in my problems but certainly is not everything.... Everyone has issues, anyone claiming they don't, is lying. I don't even know wth a 'db revolt' is.

No. It was a minor for me in school so its slightly official. LOL.
Its just a common fact though throw around in buzz books/articles.

Of course everyone has issues. It not about having issues but handling them well. Its about what choices those issues may drive you to do: Do they lack logic? Do the promote self abuse? Things like that. If you are not heavy to an unhealthy level that is a fine choice. But if you keep unhealthy weight on you to repulse people that is not healthy for your mind or body.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Very good, highest marks. Now you are telling me that you cannot parlay the wonderful communication skills and intellect you demonstrate here into meaningful interaction with people in the 'real world'?

it's not a matter of can't it's a matter of don't want to anymore.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:17 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,396,946 times
because fat women have thunder thighs
and most of them are eating well i guess.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
No. It was a minor for me in school so its slightly official. LOL.
Its just a common fact though throw around in buzz books/articles.

Of course everyone has issues. It not about having issues but handling them well. Its about what choices those issues may drive you to do: Do they lack logic? Do the promote self abuse? Things like that. If you are not heavy to an unhealthy level that is a fine choice. But if you keep unhealthy weight on you to repulse people that is not healthy for your mind or body.

the point I was trying to make was that heavier women are treated badly b/c of their weight by men. I am NOT talking about women just trying to get dates but by men in general. I am not the first woman on here to say this, so not sure what the big deal is. I actually had these experiences myself and inquired to MEN as to why this is and found the answer to be accurate as to my suspicions. If unhealthy weight turns men off or repulses them, then so be it, I'm not saying they have to be attracted to overweight women. They naturally think every woman 'wants them,' especially the overweight ones. Yea, right. I was just saying no need for them to act shady towards us in general, in life. I notice they will degrade into taking potshots at the overweight women like 'oh you're lazy,' 'you're a stupid pig,' etc.etc. even if that were true, what difference does it make to them? i wish for them to mind their buisness like I mind mine, but that's unlikely to happen....

Old 04-04-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
the point I was trying to make was that heavier women are treated badly b/c of their weight by men. I am NOT talking about women just trying to get dates but by men in general. I am not the first woman on here to say this, so not sure what the big deal is. I actually had these experiences myself and inquired to MEN as to why this is and found the answer to be accurate as to my suspicions. If unhealthy weight turns men off or repulses them, then so be it, I'm not saying they have to be attracted to overweight women. They naturally think every woman 'wants them,' especially the overweight ones. Yea, right. I was just saying no need for them to act shady towards us in general, in life. I notice they will degrade into taking potshots at the overweight women like 'oh you're lazy,' 'you're a stupid pig,' etc.etc. even if that were true, what difference does it make to them? i wish for them to mind their buisness like I mind mine, but that's unlikely to happen....
But you get to come here and trash men... so much for actually 'minding your own business', huh?

And let's see... how 'badly' have YOU been treated by men because of your attitude, whoops, WEIGHT? Tell us what happened in your life to make you have such a negative and cynical view of men.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
But you get to come here and trash men... so much for actually 'minding your own business', huh?

And let's see... how 'badly' have YOU been treated by men because of your attitude, whoops, WEIGHT? Tell us what happened in your life to make you have such a negative and cynical view of men.
What are you talking about?? This is a message board, everyone is posting things about their life and experiences and I am doing the same. Yes, IRL I MIND MY OWN BUSINESS I am not making rude comments to them on the streets or when I was in groups with my friends -- same can't be said for them .... And lol @ at Freudian slip exactly what I'm talking about.

I don't need to tell you all what happened in my life to garner such a distasteful opinion of the males. I have given enough details in the past as to my interactions with them and how they have treated me and the women around me regardless of my POSITIVE ATTITUDE, etc. Anything further falls under the category of 'none of your business.' Just know that it is... I stand by what I said: They don't give a flip about some woman's attitude as long as she's attractive, anything goes with them!. I've explained my views on the topic (based on things not pulled out of thin air) if you don't wish to comprehend it or understand it, not my problem.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:42 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,707,381 times
Quote:

You are just getting all fired up over it. And we both agreed with these male types that if its not the fat its something else. The fat is just used as a derogatory tool. The abuser uses it because they know it will affect the victim. Their objective is self pleasure and control. Not love or friendship.

I just don't want women walking away thinking that if you are thin everything is easier. Its not. Its just a different set of challenges and everyone fat or thin has to deal with some BS every once in awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships