Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 10:04 AM

688 posts, read 895,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
All we're saying is that the #1 way to be more interesting to women is to be more interesting unto yourself.
The funny thing is that what I find interesting, most women do not. Not that there aren't any, they're just a tiny minority. That being said, going out and doing something that I'm not interested in for the sheer purpose of attracting women is ridiculous to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 10:06 AM

28,896 posts, read 53,983,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesthebass View Post
The funny thing is that what I find interesting, most women do not. Not that there aren't any, they're just a tiny minority. That being said, going out and doing something that I'm not interested in for the sheer purpose of attracting women is ridiculous to me.
What part of "Be more interesting unto yourself" did you not understand?

And, to be honest with you, the entire point of this thread is how to heighten one's own self esteem. My points here are for the OP to work on himself as a person, and everything else falls into place.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:32 AM

8,012 posts, read 8,175,343 times
Quote:
First off, you don't have to go out every night.

Second, have some imagination. We're not talking about hitting a dance club every night or even every weekend. Just do something, anything besides sitting at home night after night in front of the idiot box. Go for a jog or a bike ride. Hit a bookstore. Hang out with a couple of friends. Because a nine-hour day is just that: Nine hours. Throw eight hours of sleep into the mix, and that's seven more hours where you can actually have a life. Are you going to tell me that you want to spend that time watch watching TV? TV is crap. It's junk food for the personality, the soul, and the mind. A little is okay. A lot is injurious to who you are as a person.

Don't get me wrong. I'll watch TV about once or twice a week. More often during baseball season or when my favorite college team is playing. But, for God's sake, don't be the guy who automatically walks into your apartment at the end of the day and reaches for the remote. Because, by doing so, you've chosen passive entertainment over actually participating in the amazing entertainment that is life. Most women sense that in a guy and tend to avoid him.

And video games are the worst of all, a sure sign of arrested development. If I could do single male humanity one favor, I'd pretty much mandate that all men over the age of 24 should turn in their video game systems, stop living through digital icons in a computer, and start living life.
And if you did that this wouldn't be America.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:10 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,545,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
yea right. oh look, another one.
Yup. So many people seem to believe this. Wonder why?

Old 04-03-2012, 10:47 PM

688 posts, read 895,114 times
Quote:
I was simply stating that's not always helpful. I find myself interesting, but a majority of women do not. I can go on for a while about topics that I'm interested in, but most women wouldn't be interested.

I'm not completely disagreeing with your point nor downing you for offering your opinion. I'm just stating that it's not always true.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:15 AM

6 posts, read 8,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jma500 View Post
I am generally confident about my photography, but when it comes to women I always doubt myself. I can't seem to ask them out. I can talk to them but even when the interest is obvious I can't make myself believe that they would be interested in dating me. This has cost me several women over the last fifteen years. Four in the last year alone. I know this issue is confidence/self esteem related. How can I fix this so I can start to live my life fully and stop losing out?
Don't underestimate yourself. Like other men, you can also impress women. They are also human being, so get up and go for it,.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:14 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,732,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
"Fake It Until You Make It".
So, you're a fake? I wonder how being "fake", can help guys.

Quote:
You have to "get right" mentally. It's starts with your internal thinking.
Now, you're talking.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
You have got to be kidding me!

This has to be the worst advice that I have seen given to men that are trying to get women.

This is terrible advice.

Fellas follow this advice if you:

1-Never want to get laid
2-Enjoy being in the friend zone
3-#1 and #2
I can't blame you for feeling the way you do. If I were you I'd feel the same way too.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:45 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,802,500 times
Quote:
Dunno, what does that mean? Yeah, I get the 'be more interesting' part but what the hell does 'be more interesting unto yourself' mean?

Old 04-04-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
I'll repeat myself.

The number one factor that leads a man to dates other than confidence is being an interesting person. No, that does not mean you need to have "SUPER HOBBIES" like sky diving but having a life that is full and balanced will lead to dates far faster than being a wussified kiss ass.
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. And, so are the things women view as interesting, i.e. it's not interesting to them, unless THEY see it that way.

Quote:
By interesting I mean:

You play racket ball
You are into photography
You are into cycling
You like various wines.
You are very well read
You believe in life diversity
You swim 2 times a week
You try at least 1 new restaurant per month
You've visited other cities
You like to ride motorcycles
You have ambitions of doing world travel
Although you have not traveled, you did purchase your passport.
Etc...
Etc...
All of the above may be interesting to YOU, but not to her.

Quote:
most people just are not interesting beyond talking about their job or degree.
You're absolutely correct. Why? Because YOU only care about YOUR interests, and not theirs. And, women are the same as you, i.e. they care about THEIR interests. See where I'm going?

Quote:
All of the above would be enough for any guy to carry a conversation beyond the "opener".
No, all of YOUR interests (listed above) would be enough for you to talk to YOURSELF. Remember, HER interests may be different from yours.

Quote:
After the opener you present yourself in such away that causes interest on her part. In order to do that, you need to be a interesting guy.
No. First of all, you can not make or cause any woman to be interested in you, regardless of how you present yourself. Sure, you do need to be an interesting guy. But, the things that a woman finds interesting, may not be the same as what YOU find interesting.

Quote:
Become a Renaissance Man, as I like to tell my nephew.
Poor guy. You actually feed him this do do. lol

Quote:
In addition, it doesn't make or break you but, start to build a great wardrobe.
Your wardrobe is your interest. But, the question is, is that HER interest?

First of all, we all have our own interests. And, none of us like to be changed. With that said, what a man finds interesting doesn't always interest a woman.

Watch this: assume that a woman has a target; her interests. And, a man has a target as well; his interests. When the man approaches her, wouldn't he make more progress if he focused on hitting her target, i.e. talking about HER interests, and not his own? Remember, she already knows what SHE likes. So, use that to your advantage. Don't take a chance on losing her, by talking about something else, such as, YOURself and YOUR interests.

Last edited by Just1Fan; 04-04-2012 at 01:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships