Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 03:41 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,149 times

Advertisements

A lot of you women don't know when a man is right. Reason being, you need some new guides in your life. If you knew better you'd do better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 06:06 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
For those of you who have SO's, did you feel spark and excitement about them right away? For those that don't, how long do you wait to feel it before you move on?
Yup, you just know.

First time I saw hubby, this voice inside my head said "you are going to be with this man forever." It felt like I finally met half of myself, that I didn't even know I was missing.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:19 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,976,312 times
I think initial attraction is very important however I think adversity is when you really "know" until you have to rely on each other in difficult times, you really don't know how much your mate is dedicated to the relationship/each other. You really see the important things in a person when their character is tested which will ultimately make or break the relationship.

You also cannot rush, relationships take time and rushing to get into a relationship because of your age or loneliness will only end in disaster. It blinds you from seeing the reality of a situation because you're more concerned with trying to control something you really have no control over since you can't control another person and only yourself.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:01 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
I am not sure that it was the spark that convinced me that my wife was the right one. She was not the first woman I felt a spark over.

It was the fact that in addition to that spark, things seemed to fit. Such as, our interests, likes, etc were very compatable. We loved to take part in each other's hobbies, learn about them, etc.

Our lives and future plans fit. We both have similar desires and interests. Goals in life, how and when to achieve them.

We both have similar values, moral and spiritual.

Beyond the spark, or lust, I could tell where her heart really was through her actions, her priorities, etc.

The fact that we had some rather big adversities to overcome (not between us, like fighting, but things each of us faced on our own that could have been hurdles) and that we cheerfully helped and supported each other, grew closer and stronger together through them instead of letting them become a wedge.

Old 04-03-2012, 01:45 PM

426 posts, read 791,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernaut112 View Post
This!

I sometimes think that meeting someone online first sucks a lot of the mystique out of meeting them IRL for the first time. You kinda already know what to expect — at least you know the basics. You know what they look like (well, hopefully), what they do for a living, if they've been married before, etc.

I met my guy through Match.com. I thought he was just the cutest thing ever when I met him in person. He just had this glimmer of ... I dunno. Something. He seemed like a genuinely honorable person. But the more we went out, the more I liked him as a person. At the three-month mark, I was a goner.
I met my guy on match as well. We are getting married this summer. I would say it was the same amount of time (3mnth). When you can be open and honest with him and he doesn't judge you of wha you are then he's a keeper!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships