Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 09:29 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,292,403 times

Advertisements

I'm at a point where I am taking care of my professional needs, my son's needs (he's 5) and paying bills. I would have time for a partner, but I chose not to, in order to focus on my bigger priorities, which right now, are not-me. Unless there's a knock at the door, I'm not going to go looking.

Having said that, I'm intelligent, outgoing, fun, good-humored and good looking. I cook well, I'm in good shape, and I have a great spiritual grounding. Aside from my kid, I have few needs. A partner at this time is not one of those needs. I can't get a gf, but I'm also not looking, and not missing it.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:31 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,603,963 times
I don't have any problems, even in the supposedly difficult 30+ crowd.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:42 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,133,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ963 View Post
5'6". Thin, runner-type build isn't helping either.

John,

I've read both of your replies

EXCUSES. That's all they are. EXCUSES!!

Old 04-02-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Dunno, part of it is that I don't try hard enough. I'm usually too afraid to make a real move so I end up in the friend zone. But I'm more than fine with laying the blame on something else as well, namely the environments I find myself in. I don't go out to a lot of parties, we usually just have people at our house. The guys here all mostly know guys and only a handful of girls, all far out of my league. The girls here also mostly know guys and the few girls they know are usually taken.

Hell I went to a party on Friday and the majority of girls were there with their boyfriends or were interested in other guys

A few weeks ago we had a party and I tried making a move on this one girl who I thought was into me but she denied me hahaha, ah well at least I tried.

Perhaps part of it is also that I'm not interesting enough. I'm pretty fun to hang out with I think but I just don't do much with my spare time. I need to join some more social clubs honestly, just to have stuff to do on the weekends besides drinking.
Why not appraoch women in the day time? Non party environments, like a coffee shop of grocery store(my favorite place)?

Not eveny guy( including myslef) goes to bars, clubs, parties.

I approach women cold, in the day time. It's much more difficult to do it in the day time but it's easier for me.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:46 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,093,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I decided to create this thread as a play on the thread about knowing people that don't date.

My question; Why can't YOU get a date?

I'm asking YOU to answer for yourself.

Why can't YOU get a date/girlfriend/laid/FWB?

FWB= Friends with bennefits( if you don't know what it means, please don't ask me to explain)

Wife won't let me.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclejake21 View Post
Lack of confidence
Short
Not super fit... although I have improved substantially.
Not a d-bag
Did I mention no confidence?
I'm a nice guy but I have confidence. You don't have to be a jerk. Stop with the excuse making.

If you're not fit, go get fit. Don't do it for women, never do that. Do it for the long term health bennefits.

Short? What does that have to do with it? How do you know women don't like short guys? You can't possibly know. You have to appraoch women in order to find out.

So what makes you think being short has anything to do with it?

I hope you're not listening to people on this forum.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin Atoms View Post
I'm at a point where I am taking care of my professional needs, my son's needs (he's 5) and paying bills. I would have time for a partner, but I chose not to, in order to focus on my bigger priorities, which right now, are not-me. Unless there's a knock at the door, I'm not going to go looking.

Having said that, I'm intelligent, outgoing, fun, good-humored and good looking. I cook well, I'm in good shape, and I have a great spiritual grounding. Aside from my kid, I have few needs. A partner at this time is not one of those needs. I can't get a gf, but I'm also not looking, and not missing it.
Well Kin, I guess this thread was not intended for you.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Wife won't let me.

Good one!

Old 04-02-2012, 10:03 PM

209 posts, read 656,092 times
Quote:
I'm a nice guy but I have confidence. You don't have to be a jerk. Stop with the excuse making.

If you're not fit, go get fit. Don't do it for women, never do that. Do it for the long term health bennefits.

Short? What does that have to do with it? How do you know women don't like short guys? You can't possibly know. You have to appraoch women in order to find out.

So what makes you think being short has anything to do with it?

I hope you're not listening to people on this forum.
By being short and unfit... I have less confidence

Old 04-02-2012, 10:07 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,648,588 times
Quote:
Why not appraoch women in the day time? Non party environments, like a coffee shop of grocery store(my favorite place)?

Not eveny guy( including myslef) goes to bars, clubs, parties.

I approach women cold, in the day time. It's much more difficult to do it in the day time but it's easier for me.
I'm wimpy. At least in class/in clubs I have something common to start off with (what did you think of the exam, how'd you hear about this club, etc). In public? Hell nah, I'd need a few shots of liquid courage to do so. It sucks man, there are a couple cute chicks who are always on the same bus as me in the morning (it's a student shuttle) and I wanna approach them but there's nothin to go off of. At least if they were wearing a band t-shirt or something I could use that lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships