Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 07:57 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times

Advertisements

1. Should I be worried right now if I haven't had a girlfriend?
Not necessarily.

2. How do girls feel about dating a guy who's never had a girfriend or any other relationships?
I'll let the ladies answer this one. I think that, especially at your age, a lot of women won't mind. At the very least, it should imply that you don't have any baggage from an ex.

3. Are my standards too high? How is it that so many people are successful at dating / relationships while I can barely find girls I like?
I don't really know what your standards are.

4. Will dating get easier in my late 20s (more people interested in relationships and etc.)?
For some, it does; others, it doesn't. I found it easy to date in my early 20's, somewhat difficult in my mid-20's, and easier now in my late 20's, but that could have just been due to where I was an am in my life at those points.

Now, to answer yor main question: No, you should not date women you aren't interested in at all to gain any insight into dating. When I've gone out on dates with girls whom I'm not into, I feel annoyed and ansy, just wanting to get out of there and get on with my life. Every call, text, email, IM, etc. from them makes me go, "oh great..." because I don't want to waste time dating them.

You can't necessarily anticipate exactly how well or poorly your first date with a girl is going to go, but you can circumvent all the frustration of a crummy experience by doing what's in your power to avoid it - in this case, not dating someone you aren't into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 08:03 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Sure. Why not?

Hey, the women in your life might not bowl you over. But they might be the path to the one who does.

I went on a blind date with a girl. My sister had thought this woman would be perfect for me, but there was zero chemistry. However, over lunch we had a funny conversation even though we both knew that there were no sparks. We parted amicably.

A few weeks later, she invited me to this party she was throwing. Met my wife there. So you never know.
But it can work the other way, he could get comfortable enough in a relationship that's going nowhere and doesn't leave himself time to look for the woman who does bowl him over.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:40 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Roll those Doll Eyes! Roll 'em hard and high!

All I meant by "mature" is that I'm older, so maybe it makes a difference... but I don't know why it should.

If meeting new friends and spending time with them is a waste of time for you, I feel sorry for you and your friends. If dining at nice restaurants, attending plays and musical performances, going to movies or engaging in hobbies with others who enjoy doing the same sounds like a waste of time, too bad for you. Instead you would be??? Watching TV? Playing on the computer? Is that really any better use of your time?

I'm just not sure why you feel that way, if it's not because anything short of finding marriage material is a waste of time. Is it because sex isn't on the table? 'Splain to me, Lucy.

first of all the roll eyes was for the guy that came in after and said basically equated not dating people you're interested in to 'wanting to marry every person you date' -- not the same things...I don't have friends so that other stuff is non applicable to me. I don't know what you mean by "sex isn't on the table," another thing that's non applicable anyways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships