Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 04:55 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
Keep in mind the mother of this child may be a wacko. Seriously what kind of mother "yells" at the father to abandon the child??? For YEARS? Hmm.

But yeah, I'm also wondering if this is a fake post. There are a lot of forums out there for blended families, stepparents, etc... to pick City Data is a bit weird
Grain of Salt, there may be another perspective on this issue of the mother trying to get the father to bow out of the child's life, and that could be, that he is so disfunctional, that she doesn't want him around the child...perhaps he was abusive, but yanno, if this is true, he wouldn't make a good parent anyway, yanno...if the child grows up under this man's influence, there is a good chance, the child will also be dysfunctional...he is not a good role model for any child...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 05:35 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi275 View Post
I'm sorry for the rant but I had a lot to say and I didn't make every point but this is as complete and I could make it but I tried.

My husband and I just got married recently. We are both kind of young. I'm 22 and he's 25. We are so happy with each other, anyone would say we are a match make in heaven. But when my husband was 18 he got married and had a kid.

I will be the first one to admit I don't like kids. So I never interacted much with his kid. We realized fairly early that there was just no way I was going to get along with his ex wife and kid. When he asked me to marry him we knew this came with a huge decision on what to do about his kid.

My husband being tied down to the city because of a kid and me wanting to travel the world and teach wasn't going to work. In the end he is going to sign over all parental right to his ex wife and wont be paying child support. (Ex wife agreed to this condition on account they don't get along and been trying to find a new father figure for his son anyways and has been yelling at him to abandon his son for years)

I know his family hates me just for marrying him and having a simple dislike for kids. They say "I will always be nothing" and " nothing I ever do will be as good as his first son." (I just stay away from the whole situation. But I did try to get along with the kid in the beginning) My husbands family will most likely disown us when he signs the papers. I have been told over and over again that I'm evil. As much as this is not ideal I don't think I deserved to told I'm nothing the day before my wedding and continuously reminded nothing I ever do will be good enough.

Not many people know the feeling of being hated so much for loving someone. I want nothing more then to make my husband happy and so far I have been doing a great job. But I also know my faults and would rather admit them then hide them. I did not force my husband into the decision he made. I said I would walk away at anytime if his son would make him more happy.

I know everyone says put the kids first. But in a first marriage no one wants to be put on the back burner right off the bat. A first marriage isn't supposed to be so soul crushing.

I in no way regret the outcome of this situation and our decisions.(other then maybe my in-laws hating me with a passion) But I would like to hear other peoples opinions on this situation. Am i evil for loving someone who has a kid but also wanting to like my life?
And you got married because...?

Old 04-04-2012, 05:35 AM

9 posts, read 13,832 times
A match made somewhere indeed! No wonder you two clicked together!

Old 04-04-2012, 06:03 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
There's no love going on, or you would want him to have a fabulous relationship with all of his family, both natural and the one he created.
Had to quote you because I feel this statement bears repeating.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:03 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,774,983 times
I'd say the real issue is that OP doesn't want her hubby to pay child support, so he gives up his rights as a father to save some $$ and get OP off his back about the child support.

If OP truly disliked children she would not want any of her own.

You have a classic example here of two kids playing house.

IMHO, this marriage has as much chance of working as did his prior one.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:10 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,427,629 times
If the OP isn't pulling our chain (and that's a big if), I just have one question.
Do you think there's such a thing as right and wrong in this world, or is life just about doing what we want, when we want?

Old 04-04-2012, 08:18 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Sometimes genitals almost seem like weapons.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:12 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Gee, a lot of criticism! People immediately jump to the negative conclusions. Even though I wouldn't marry someone with a child, I think people shouldn't bash those who make life decisions. A couple can live happily together with unconditional love, with the child(ren) living with the grandparents. Who knows? The man might not like being a father and having kids can be accidental.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:21 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,166,444 times
Well at least her Loser of a husband will know how it feels to get disowned by family. I don't think The OP cares if his family disowns her.

Quote:
My husbands family will most likely disown us when he signs the papers.
And again, She does not like Children. She said it not once, but twice in her Post...

Quote:
I will be the first one to admit I don't like kids.
Quote:
I know his family hates me just for marrying him and having a simple dislike for kids.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:21 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Gee, a lot of criticism! People immediately jump to the negative conclusions. Even though I wouldn't marry someone with a child, I think people shouldn't bash those who make life decisions. A couple can live happily together with unconditional love, with the child(ren) living with the grandparents. Who knows? The man might not like being a father and having kids can be accidental.
It sickens me that this is such a prevalent attitude these days. You KNOW how babies are made, right? Don't stick it in someone you don't want to have a baby with. Cuz if you have a baby, you are responsible for it for life in my book. Too bad if you aren't going to be haaaaappeeeeee. Make your kid happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships