Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2012, 02:11 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,751,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I know a LOT of nerds... and some of them do indeed ride Harleys and drive 4x4s....and they probably know more about them than most guys that ride them.

Why are you so obsessed with being 'manly'? There are many types of man and just because they don't follow your opinion of being a man doesn't make them any less desireable.

To me, it seems most of the guy who drive big trucks/cars are just trying to draw attention to themselves and that is an extremely unattractive trait to me. I see no difference between them, and the idiot teenager who buys a $50 fart cannon and puts it on his hand-me-down Honda Civic.

Besides, if I had a dollar for every 'big macho giant truck driving dude' that had to ask me to come over and fix his truck because he had zero idea why it was broken I'd have quite a nest egg right now
I'm not "trying" to be anything. I'm being myself at all times. It's not my problem many other men see it as a threat to their manhood. Other women have to pet their other halves on the back and try to convince them they are still a man or something that resembles one. Yes, there are STILL men out here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMyH4XTlVgs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 02:14 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
I'll skip the nerds.. I actually Like Cowboys anyway... Are nerds cowboys? I never seen a nerdy cowboy?

Old 04-04-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I'll skip the nerds.. I actually Like Cowboys anyway... Are nerds cowboys? I never seen a nerdy cowboy?
You won't either!

Old 04-04-2012, 02:27 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
I'm not "trying" to be anything. I'm being myself at all times. It's not my problem many other men see it as a threat to their manhood. Other women have to pet their other halves on the back and try to convince them they are still a man or something that resembles one. Yes, there are STILL men out here!

Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child lyrics video | HQ - YouTube

Nobody see's you as a threat to their manhood

You seem to be overcompensating, most nerds are perfectly comfortable with the way they are and could care less about guys that have to post 50 youtube music videos that somehow 'prove' how manly they are.

I prefer a man who knows who he is and doesn't have to constantly shout from the rooftops about how great he is. What a turn-off.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:30 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:

You seem to be overcompensating, most nerds are perfectly comfortable with the way they are
Pretty much this.

I do well for myself, mainly because I don't try to be who I'm not. I don't really care about a "manly man" stereotype, as gender binaries are idiotic anyways. I'm just a nerd who has many hobbies, with a major focus on japanese animation and video games.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:

You seem to be overcompensating, most nerds are perfectly comfortable with the way they are and could care less about guys that have to post 50 youtube music videos that somehow 'prove' how manly they are.

I prefer a man who knows who he is and doesn't have to constantly shout from the rooftops about how great he is. What a turn-off.
I'm always "overcompensating". I can still make you feel like a woman. From what you've said on this forum, many men/boys can't. I'm not even trying hon. It's easy as pie and comes natural from within. The country guy always does it best when you want and NEED a man!

Old 04-04-2012, 02:45 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
I'm always "overcompensating". I can still make you feel like a woman. From what you've said on this forum, many men/boys can't. I'm not even trying hon. It's easy as pie and comes natural from within. The country guy always does it best when you want and NEED a man!
No thanks. I grew up on a ranch, and around 'country' guys.... and they are some of the most irritating, self centered ignorant men I've ever had the displeasure of being around. There are a few good ones, don't get me wrong...but the macho stuff makes me roll my eyes and walk away.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
No thanks. I grew up on a ranch, and around 'country' guys.... and they are some of the most irritating, self centered ignorant men I've ever had the displeasure of being around. There are a few good ones, don't get me wrong...but the macho stuff makes me roll my eyes and walk away.
I knew the OP is going to love his thread now because of what's in it. I'm glad to be a part of that. OP is a guitar player. This thread kicks ass now!

Old 04-04-2012, 02:49 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Pretty much this.

I do well for myself, mainly because I don't try to be who I'm not. I don't really care about a "manly man" stereotype, as gender binaries are idiotic anyways. I'm just a nerd who has many hobbies, with a major focus on japanese animation and video games.
All the ladies love themselves some Sollu-... twinArmageddons.

Quote:

Agreeeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I've seen a nerdy cowboy.

Quite a few, actually.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:50 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times
Quote:

Ha! Those types make me laugh my butt off. I like butting heads with bossy guys. Its fun and they usually don't take it personally. I have an eclectic friend circle and I love razzing them all for their over the top idiosyncrasies. Nerds are smart enough usually to sort through the silly things..geeks however are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships