Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2008, 08:59 PM

2 posts, read 14,824 times

Advertisements

I Love asian men and wish more would approach black women (I'm black). What do you mean, we are hard yo get?

Old 11-07-2008, 04:02 PM

18 posts, read 77,920 times
no disrespect to the black race, but let's be honest, these Blasians, are plain unattractive. The truth is, if not for the contemporary mainstream media and entertainment industry pushing the "black" as cool and black as beautiful trend (or the mixed race encouragement), these mixed race people are actually unattractive. Forgive me, but it's the black part of their gene that makes them unattractive. This has nothing to do with racism, so don't go off on me....

by the way, these are mostly black father and Asian mothers, what I don't understand is how did the black men get around in the world so much to produce all these mixed race offspring? were they U.S. military?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dullnboring View Post
Some other famous Blasians:

Model Tyson Beckford (1/4 Chinese, 1/4 Panamanian, 1/2 Black Jamaican)

Model and annoying social plague Naomi Campbell (1/4 Chinese, 3/4 Black Jamaican)

Crazy rapper Foxy Brown (1/2 Chinese, 1/2 Black Trinidadian)

R&B Singer Amerie (1/2 Korean, 1/2 Black)

R&B singer Ne-Yo (1/4 Chinese, 1/4 Puerto Rican, 1/2 Black)

Model and R&B singer Cassie (1/2 Filipino, 1/4 Black, 1/4 Mexican)

Musician Apl.de.ap from the Black Eyed Peas (1/2 Filipino, 1/2 Black)

Former Model and current businesswoman, reality star and socialite Kimora Lee Simmons (1/4 Korean, 1/4 Japanese, 1/2 Black)

Japanese pop singer Crystal Kay (1/2 Korean, 1/2 Black)

Old 11-07-2008, 04:11 PM

Contrary to what you state, the Asian parents (especially north east Asian descent) don't want any of their children, son or daughter, dating or marrying outside of their race/ethnicity. It actually is more so for the Asian women, as the Asian cultures have a long tradition of protecting their females from outside groups. I've see more Asian parents cut more slack to the son in going outside of their ethnicity than for daughters. Contrary to some very visible cases, the children usually see the wisdom of their elders and eventually follow them.

This has nothing to do with hating or being racist, so please don't go off on me. It's just that the Asian (especially the North East Asian) cultures have a stronger sense of preservation of tradition and their heritage as well as their biological identity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblwe11 View Post
well i will say iam a black women who is very attracted to asian men,
but for the only reason is that their parents dont want them dating outside the race makes no sence when apparently its common and okay for an asian women to date black men.
but it makes no sence how race seems to be all that matters when it comes to dating,
but i honestly think the main reason you dont see many of asian men and black women dating is in my opinion asian men are generally considered shy and on top of that more and more asian women are starting to want to date outside of their race leaving the asian men alone,
annnd most black women dont just walk up to an asian man showing her intrest cause he may not be attracted by what weve seen, annnd more and more black men are leaving black women to date outside the race.
so really i think if both races gain the confidence to want to try eachother out then things will be well.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:23 PM

You must have only seen Asian parents who came from a lower class or economically challenged situation in life from wherever in Asia they were from. Usuallly, the types that accept (or encourage?) American military men as suitors for their daughters are quite rare. Deep down they probably don't want that for their daughter but due to their circumstances in life (worked at a U.S. military base, etc.) that's the only hope they have, rather than poverty.

The better educated, middle class to affluent Asians (not American born) are very knowledgeable of American society and most likely don't care much for (some probably despise) the military types, white, black, or Hispanic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
Asian women find me attractive. However, and I've been told by just about every Asian girl I've met, the Asian parents are just not having it. Really stupid, because they're all for their Asian daughter dating some white military guy. It's like they want their daughter to relive the Vietnam war or something.

In doing additional discovery, I've found that a significant number of Asian parents think that all black men are what you see on BET. I honestly believe that if Obama becomes president, there will be an exodus of Asians.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:30 PM

i hate to be honest with you, and i wish you could find your match, but here's the reality:

most north east Asian men don't find black (African American, S. American, etc.) women that attractive. That's the plain simple truth. In fact, contrary to a lot of popular perceptions, they actually are attracted to females in their own ethnic group. this is probably true of may races as well. granted there are some Asian women that are going out of their ethnic group (the majority case being to white men), don't get this wrong, there are plenty of Asian women that these Asian men can pair up with. Asian groups are very conservative, contrary to what a lot of people are saying as if Asian men lost all their women to outside groups, and they eventually stick within their own groups.

please think about the various ethnic issues you'll have to deal with on top of basic man/women issues. and if you can, please find a good man within your ethnic group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunSizedBekah View Post
I am actually a multi-racial woman (1/4 Native American Indian, 1/4 Caucasian, and 1/2 African American), and I am more attracted to Japanese and Korean men than any other race. I've found that my problem tends to be that none are attracted to me, either because of my multi-ethnic appearance (I am commonly mistaken for being South Asian/Indian) or perhaps fear of cultural differences (which once again could stem from the misconception that I am from India). The language barrier never seems to be an issue, but I just can't seem to get any to approach me.

So, for everyone saying that all these Asian men love colored women, where exactly can I find them? I have yet to see them anywhere.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:33 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
I think people that are mixed with white and asian are pretty and unique.

I haven't seen too many blasians though.

I'm not normally attracted to Asian guys though. It is real rare if I think an Asian guy is hot....I mean very rare.

I think that asian ladies are prettier than the asian men for the most part.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:08 PM

there may be some Asian females that are attracted to black men, but based on what i have seen, that is mostly because of being young, trying new stuff, thinking it's "cool" and trendy, and also because of the mainstream media, sports, entertainment industries encouraging interracial dating/mingling between the sexes. That works for a while when they're young and rebellious, and want to do something different to get attention and be seen as cool. But usually, that has nothing to do with "actually" finding a man attractive, both physically and otherwise.

bottom line is, the truth is the Asian females really don't find black males attractive, just some of them at a younger age think the percieved "prowesss" and "wildness" and "bad boy" behavior of the black male is "supposed" to be attractive to them, when in fact it is not rooted in physical reality.

don't get me wrong, i'm not trashing you guys, i'm just telling the brutal truth which is better than living in a illusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
You're missing the point I made based on the statement posed to me. Look at this with some stats.

Statistically...statistically, my friend, younger Asian American females are drawn towards white males. I have my own feelings about that fact, but that's another discussion.

In my experience, younger Asian American females do find me attractive, and have no problem talking to me, generally speaking. However, the parents usually have an issue with their daughter dating black men.

In response to that experience, someone said, "their parents want someone successful and wealthy" and what not. So, use arithmetic, and you'll see why I gave the reply I gave.

Parents don't like black men + Parents want daughter with someone successful and wealthy = Parents assume black men are not successful and wealthy.

When I ask the girls what the deal is, that's what I'm told...parents think black men are all drug dealers and gang members out to hurt their children, and they're poor and what not. I knew one girl at my job who married a white guy, can't keep a job to save his life and almost caused them to get a divorce with his ignorance, parents welcomed him in with open arms.

Now, I don't presume to claim that all Asian parents are like that; I've never met thousands of Asian parents. All I'm saying is, out here in Southern California, that's the deal. Maybe in other areas it's different, where they've learned to accept the educated black man. There are the occasional "blacked" Asian females...you know the ones...weigh about 160-180, too much makeup, only date black guys, talk and act nothing like their heritage...the exact ones I avoid like the plague.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:14 PM

Most asian ladies I know really dislike black men. One of my asian friends said that black men look scary and mean. lol.

You are correct people date weird because of stupid trends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen_of_us View Post
there may be some Asian females that are attracted to black men, but based on what i have seen, that is mostly because of being young, trying new stuff, thinking it's "cool" and trendy, and also because of the mainstream media, sports, entertainment industries encouraging interracial dating/mingling between the sexes. That works for a while when they're young and rebellious, and want to do something different to get attention and be seen as cool. But usually, that has nothing to do with "actually" finding a man attractive, both physically and otherwise.

bottom line is, the truth is the Asian females really don't find black males attractive, just some of them at a younger age think the percieved "prowesss" and "wildness" and "bad boy" behavior of the black male is "supposed" to be attractive to them, when in fact it is not rooted in physical reality.

don't get me wrong, i'm not trashing you guys, i'm just telling the brutal truth which is better than living in a illusion.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:24 PM

your statement that white women LOVE black men may be a generalization, although it may be true to a certain extent.

why do you think that is? i don't think it is just "opposites attracting".
it probably has a lot to do with the mainstream media, the popular culture, the historic background of this country in the slavery of black people, which provides a "guilt" feeling as well as stimulates the white female's "motherly" instincts, loving the "underdog" the "oppressed". So in a sense it may have something to do with the sympathy and "reparations" factor that the white female is feeling toward the black male. Also, another may be the once totally taboo aspect of the mingling between white female and the black male - remember black males were lynched/tortured and killed for even whistling at a white female who they could not have in those days.

another factor, may be that the black male aggressively woos and takes the white female because he is so attracted to the white female and desires to possess her so much... it's obvious that the black male is very much attracted sexually to the white female, and not just because she was once off limits and taboo, more because biologically he is (and probably most males of most races) so attracted to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
Jessop, have to agree with you on several points. White women LOVE Black men. Maybe it's the opposites attract thing going on. Like you and much of America, I too am immuned to White women with Black men. Also like you, I've NEVER seen an Asian & Hispanic interracial couple of either gender. I disagree with only one point ... your order of interracial preference. I've lived all over the country and hands down the top three interracial dating preference is:

1) Black men 2) Black men (this is not a typo) 3) White women . After that is 4) Asian women 5) White men & Hispanic women (both tied in 5th place) 6) All others: Hispanic men, Black women, Asian men, Native Americans.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:26 PM

white women are just lashing out at traditionalism and conservatism ...it's stupid but eventually they learn their lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen_of_us View Post
your statement that white women LOVE black men may be a generalization, although it may be true to a certain extent.

why do you think that is? i don't think it is just "opposites attracting".
it probably has a lot to do with the mainstream media, the popular culture, the historic background of this country in the slavery of black people, which provides a "guilt" feeling as well as stimulates the white female's "motherly" instincts, loving the "underdog" the "oppressed". So in a sense it may have something to do with the sympathy and "reparations" factor that the white female is feeling toward the black male. Also, another may be the once totally taboo aspect of the mingling between white female and the black male - remember black males were lynched/tortured and killed for even whistling at a white female who they could not have in those days.

another factor, may be that the black male aggressively woos and takes the white female because he is so attracted to the white female and desires to possess her so much... it's obvious that the black male is very much attracted sexually to the white female, and not just because she was once off limits and taboo, more because biologically he is (and probably most males of most races) so attracted to her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships