Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2008, 09:08 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen_of_us View Post
one other clarification on your comment:

i was not using the fact/trend that most Asians don't find blacks attractive to "brand" the whole black race as "unattractive" to all. You really missed my point in your passionate, seemingly "wronged", reply. If are hurt by that I apologize.

I was simply saying that to a majority of "Asians" the blacks aren't attractive. So don't take that to mean that to blacks or to whites that the blacks aren't attractive. Again, I'm pointing out that in a majority of the cases, blacks will think blacks are attractive, whites will think whites are attractive, and Asians will think their own race is attractive. I've never made the statement that somehow the blacks are universally considered unattractive - this is because there really is no universal (yet) standard of beauty, but within each race there is. I'm only stating what is in general true in the Asian American community, that is not prejudice or racism.

It will be a sad world if now you start pushing standards of beauty found in other races to others - that'll be affirmative action and "busing" in each race's natural selection, which would be ridiculous. Soon we'll have mandates from the government telling us we need to imbue 1/4 black blood into the next generation, 1/4 more the next generation, etc. if you want funding, or admissions into schools...
I think that it's more that the majority of Asian don't find blacks attractive as potential mates. I don't think that most will disagree that Halle Berry or Denzel Washington are very attractive human beings, but at the same time, it doesn't occur to them that they would want to marry and have children with either of them.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:22 AM

4,789 posts, read 14,741,459 times
I'm Asian, and my major gripe would be the family and in laws - they could be problems or undesirable. Look at the problem of Jennifer Hudson - big enough star yet her family was murdered - could have been an in law that did it. Then R. Kelly's nephew does an armed robbery - I think I heard. Don't wanna relate with low lifes. Then I hate rap and hip hop so much - which is what lots of blacks listen to.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:43 AM

1,605 posts, read 3,916,542 times
Quote:
again, i would recommend that you find a good black woman within your own race.

let me ask you this, have you ever looked into yourself why you are so desirous of a white female, or Asian or any other as long as they're not black? i think you need to confront this issue and search deep down within your soul.
First of all, you don't have no idea of the psyche of Black Americans (particularly non-stereotypical ones) and what they deal with from their own "community," so until you live a day in my shoes and get the most disrespectful treatment from your own people for wanting to uplift one's self and not want to be a Lil Wayne poser, please don't assume anything about my circumstance. Second, don't twist my words. I never said that I despised all black women, and I even tried dating black women, but the truth of what I have seen is that most (not all) of them are either thug-lovers who have an immense dislike for black men who are self-reliant and self accountable, or completely look outside their race for non-black men - which I see nobody complaining about to the black women who do that, unlike my case! Third, I decided that, unlike many other Americans, I don't care for the color of my friends/lover/spouse, but let me ask you this: if I were white, would I get so much of a bashing from the "progressive" American populous?
Quote:
for you to desire women from other races will not be good for your or for her, whoever that may be. don't get me wrong, i'm not being racist, all i'm saying is that most races are attracted to their own females, yet the black males seem to have an abnormal desire for females of other races.
Well to take your analogy and defend for my preference, many women from most races don't deny their (inviting) feminine aspects (i.e., emotion, comfort, nurturing, humility, caring, etc.) and don't consider irresponsible, uneducated, pseudo-gangsta men as suitable lovers and mates, yet many (but not all) black women seem to have abnormal desires for thugs and to deny their feminine side.
Quote:
confront that issue, and be strong for your race and your women, and the rest will take care of itself.
Well how about going to the black community and tell most of these women to be strong for their man (instead of being strong against their men), and start showing kindness and sincerity to the the right group of men instead of shaking their asses and giving all of their "loving" to the Lil Waynes and 50 Cents of the "community," because this is what I have done for over a decade, and no (positive) responses to show for it!

Old 11-08-2008, 10:14 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,179,786 times
WOW............do you live in a bubble?

This has to be one of the most narrow minded posts I have read.......this week on CD.

Why don't you take your head out of your.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I'm Asian, and my major gripe would be the family and in laws - they could be problems or undesirable. Look at the problem of Jennifer Hudson - big enough star yet her family was murdered - could have been an in law that did it. Then R. Kelly's nephew does an armed robbery - I think I heard. Don't wanna relate with low lifes. Then I hate rap and hip hop so much - which is what lots of blacks listen to.

Last edited by Ron.; 11-08-2008 at 10:24 AM..

Old 11-08-2008, 10:29 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,639,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
So why is it that you red-necks in this thread who don't think black women are pretty don't like us, huh?

Is it because we're darker than you?

Do we look mutated?

Why are we ugly to you? Fess up? I just want to know!
I really want to jump in on this, as the racists and pseudoscientists on this thread are really getting on my nerves. And all of you know that when it comes to argument, I can be quite the baller. But I really am trying to have a stress-free day, so I will not get riled up by the trolls. I will just say that I know that black women are beautiful, and leave it at that.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:35 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,179,786 times
SD,

they're getting on my nerves also..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
I really want to jump in on this, as the racists and pseudoscientists on this thread are really getting on my nerves. And all of you know that when it comes to argument, I can be quite the baller. But I really am trying to have a stress-free day, so I will not get riled up by the trolls. I will just say that I know that black women are beautiful, and leave it at that.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:41 AM

378 posts, read 337,328 times
Quote:
You can try to deny this by citing a few examples (or maybe thousands as these types of couples are quite visible), but that does not change the fact that the mainstream of Asian Americans are not attracted to the blacks, in fact, they are turned off by their overly aggressive, overt sexual behavior, objectification of females, etc.
__________________________________________________ _________

That is so immature, besides the point, as well as shows your "insecurity" in yourself as well as shows your neurotic denial of the plain truth: that is the truth is that for the vast majority of Asians blacks are not attractive. This is not prejudice nor is it racist, and for you to react that way is quite immature, foolish, and shows your self-imposed, illusory, victim mentality. Please be more rational and be strong enough to take in reality, that's where all constructive dialogues and fixing of the problems start, not by railing against people for "prejudice" or "racism".
Where do I begin...

First of all, at no point did I accuse you of racism. There is a marked difference between racism and prejudice. You, my friend, are almost a textbook example of someone who is prejudice. Asian blacks may not be attractive to you, and may not be to most Asians you know. For you to state (again as a "plain truth") that they are not attractive, based on nothing but your perception is ridiculous. This is your subjective opinion. It may be the subjective of opinion of every Asian you know (and I'm assuming you do not know every Asian person in the world.) It does not make it a truth because you believe it.

Again, understand that this has nothing to do with condemning you for what you believe. They are your beliefs and you are welcome to them. Nor does it has anything to do with whether Asians are attractive to blacks. Again, I don't particularly care. I ventured originally into this forum out of curiosity. Actually this has more to do with your "insecurities" then mine. You speak of not wanting to be psychoanalzed, but you've done nothing but psychoanalyzed black women and men with ever post you've entered so far.

Nothing that you have written so far supports that you truly are interested in "constructive dialogue." If anything, in between encouraging other races (especially black men and women) to date only within their race, you show with your postings that you are not interested in going beyond the stereotype of who black people are.

That said, I will agree that I'm difficult to have a reasonable conversation with, especially when the other person represents their belief as reason and haven't quite got the concept down of "logic."

Old 11-08-2008, 10:44 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,716,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I always like how some people come on a board like this and start making generalizations like how Asain females don't like black men. At what point did we start assigning people to speak for how other people feel. Good grief.
Don't know what they are talking about. I am a black male and Asian women seem to like me fine.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:49 AM

Quote:
there may be some Asian females that are attracted to black men, but based on what i have seen, that is mostly because of being young, trying new stuff, thinking it's "cool" and trendy, and also because of the mainstream media, sports, entertainment industries encouraging interracial dating/mingling between the sexes. That works for a while when they're young and rebellious, and want to do something different to get attention and be seen as cool. But usually, that has nothing to do with "actually" finding a man attractive, both physically and otherwise.

bottom line is, the truth is the Asian females really don't find black males attractive, just some of them at a younger age think the percieved "prowesss" and "wildness" and "bad boy" behavior of the black male is "supposed" to be attractive to them, when in fact it is not rooted in physical reality.

don't get me wrong, i'm not trashing you guys, i'm just telling the brutal truth which is better than living in a illusion.
You are wrong, Asian American women have liked me because I am a respectable black men, who is clean cut and talented...........yet I do listen to hip hop and jazz. Black males especially are liked abroad by Asian women. There are more Asian women with black men who like them for who they are.

Old 11-08-2008, 10:59 AM

While we are on the topic of how undesirable black women are, black men are still seen as more attractive than Asian males in general, especially in the states. White women date black men more than any other male minority.

Black guys get play all over the world. It is ok for white men to get women around the world but not black men.

People on this thread have it ingrained in them the racist and stereotypical teachings of their families and society. Some of you other dudes are mad because women of so many nationalities like black men. You probably liked a girl who was taken by a black dude. I even have a half brother who is married to a blonde haired blue eyed German woman. I have dated different ethnicities of women.

Go to Europe and see the play black men get fine women, go to Japan, Australia ect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships