Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 10:12 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,608,249 times

Advertisements

Hello Friends,

I've missed reading all the great posts on here but alas, am not here for long. I realized after logging in it's been almost a year (May to be exact) since posting an update about my relationship.

Well, I'm happy to report that I'm still in that same relationship. We moved to a cute place together (more space) and the relationship is still going strong. I won't say that there haven't been some giant hiccups and bumps in the road a couple of which nearly ended this thing but, we talked, worked on those issues and are continuing to work towards a long, healthy life.

As some of you may remember, this would be what I consider somewhat of a "May-December" relationship. I'm 14 years older. He wad fresh out of the military, had some personal issues going on (to do with a child), etc. I, myself didn't have any big issues, but as the relationship grew, I began to take a closer look at myself and stopped blaming everything on his now and then immaturity. I too have had some very immature moments whereas now? When we're being immature, it's just for fun and to be silly.

Turns out, we just needed some time and to be more patient with each other as we got to know each other (which personally, I feel you are always getting to know your partner).

Our relationship has been working out well though. The small problems that caused large arguments are slowly becoming less and less and we recognize when we're in need of some "me" time which I have always believed to be a crucial part of any relationship.

Many things have gone on for the last several months. My daughter came home from CA (YAY!!) and is living with me while she works to get back what she had before going (financially) and is doing great now. That is also why we moved to a bigger space so she could have her own floor. We drove to CA to pick her up, had a HUGE breakdown (vehicle) and spent 4 unscheduled days in the middle of nowhere while my b/f rebuilt a good section of the engine. Made it home safely though and he made that possible.

I lost my job last month and now have been spending time job hunting and playing with my horse which is the ONE thing that keeps me really grounded and sane LOL.

In general? Life is good! I have a great guy who is loyal, trustworthy, reliable, dependable and we have a lot of fun together living our lives.

I still believe in love, I still believe that those who want it to happen, will find love when they are ready.

I hope these last several months have been good to all of you.

Andrea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 11:55 AM

639 posts, read 825,486 times
awesome, good for you.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:57 AM

22,192 posts, read 29,184,054 times
Yea, I'm so glad youre doing well and are still happy in the same relationship!!

Old 04-04-2012, 12:04 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,359,138 times
Always love an update

Glad you are doing well

Old 04-04-2012, 12:10 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,432,187 times
HI Andrea!! I'm still here. I'm still crazy! And I still think youre fine!!!!!!!!!Great to know you are doing well! Tell that BF that the Capt says "You a lucky man!!"

Old 04-04-2012, 12:16 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,539,296 times
Gosh, one of those threads where you even remember what OP's face looks like before they got their profile on lockdown

I'm happy for you sweetie!

Old 04-04-2012, 12:40 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,952,171 times
What update is that...?! There's no picture of the young lamb in a cradle!

Old 04-04-2012, 12:42 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,700,540 times
good for you.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:13 PM

639 posts, read 825,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What update is that...?! There's no picture of the young lamb in a cradle!
paparazzi ignore Pennsylvania

Old 04-04-2012, 01:15 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,498,035 times
Ahhhh, a happy story. So nice to see those here. I hope it continues to go well for all of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships