Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you have bad luck in relationships?
Yes 26 55.32%
No 21 44.68%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 03:38 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You got us nailed down. No secrets no more.

make all the jokes you want I don't care. again, all you can control are your own thoughts and actions, not someone else's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 03:41 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
make all the jokes you want I don't care. again, all you can control are your own thoughts and actions, not someone else's.
Ain't that the truth.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Ain't that the truth.
oh. which reminded me of another thing I beleive about men: they are very controlling in nature and get pis*ed off, act out when they can't get people to do what they want.

Another thing I know about first hand.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:44 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
oh. which reminded me of another thing I beleive about men: they are very controlling in nature and get pis*ed off, act out when they can't get people to do what they want.

I'm sure............

Old 04-05-2012, 03:46 PM

624 posts, read 762,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've had it happen many, many times. I get my hopes up that a guy is actually talking to me and we're having a good conversation, then they ask to go back to their place, or if I'd like to 'join him in his car' or the bathroom etc etc. I had a male friend tell me it's because I 'look like sex', if that makes sense.
I have had this kind of thing happen to me as well. It always takes me by surprise and makes me insecure about how I must come off to the men I meet.

I'm really friendly and have a great sense of humor, if I say so. I laugh easily and I am not stand-offish. I guess in some men's mind this translates into "She's easy" or (worse) "She wants me"

I once had a guy who said he was a college professor ask me out of the blue to go back to his place while we were debating which Stones album was better, Sticky Fingers vs Exile, the eternal question lol. I was completely gobsmacked, and blurted out "But I don't even know you!" His response, "Can we go out to my truck, then?"

I grabbed my purse and fled to the bathroom. He was gone when I came out, thank god. This lovely exchange took place in a small neighborhood bar. I don't get how men feel this is an acceptable ploy but it must work at least some of the time or they wouldn't try, right?

Last edited by Ten Cat; 04-05-2012 at 03:47 PM.. Reason: speling iz gud

Old 04-05-2012, 03:47 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,805,880 times
Quote:

Projection.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Cat View Post
I have had this kind of thing happen to me as well. It always takes me by surprise and makes me insecure about how I must come off to the men I meet.

I'm really friendly and have a great sense of humor, if I say so. I laugh easily and I am not stand-offish. I guess in some men's mind this translates into "She's easy" or (worse) "She wants me"

I once had a guy who said he was a college professor ask me out of the blue to go back to his place while we were debating which Stones album was better, Sticky Fingers vs Exile, the eternal question lol. I was completely gobsmacked, and blurted out "But I don't even know you!" His response, "Can we go out to my truck, then?"

I grabbed my purse and fled to the bathroom. He was gone when I came out, thank god. This lovely exchange took place in a small neighborhood bar. I don't get how men feel this is an acceptable ploy but it must work at least some of the time or they wouldn't try, right?

thank you!!! Men do come up to women in bars and other social places and blurt out sexual invitations. Don't you think they do it b/c it's a numbers game to them? Belief that eventually some chick WILL say yes to this? And like you said it probably has worked in the past for them...That's the conclusion I came to. I also want to agree with jetjockey's comments about a guy saying straight out 'you look like you want to fu*k' I have had it said to me. No idea how or why they come to that conclusion! Also have they ever berated you after you rejected them for these types of request? Alot of times after you do, they will come back with "alright whatever 'fat pig' or 'stupid wh*re' something to that effect.

and "Exile...." for sure

Old 04-05-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Projection.

it's called first hand experience

Old 04-05-2012, 03:55 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,805,880 times
Quote:
it's called first hand experience
We've all had 'first hand experience' but not all of us stay in the same mental rut over it. And, no, I am not 'insulted' either. LOL.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
We've all had 'first hand experience' but not all of us stay in the same mental rut over it. And, no, I am not 'insulted' either. LOL.

again, good for you and congratulations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships