Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 02:19 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
umm, how you figure..?
Because a one night stand is exactly that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 02:21 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,717,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
do what?

Old 04-05-2012, 02:21 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,180,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
In some men's mind, you can look for hookups from one "type" or woman while looking for comittment from another. Only the woman is a ho in this case. Go figger.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:22 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
I'm talking emotions -- a connection, respect, feelings, etc.
Not wham, bam, get it on, sneak out in the morning.
I only snuck out once in the morning, and I didn't get any

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Who gets to decide what sex and relationships are "supposed" to be like?
I do, because this is my dream!

This Vice map should come in handy about now
American Vice: Mapping the 7 Deadly Sins

Old 04-05-2012, 02:22 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,615,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
It's not going to pass, some women just won't go for it, period. No matter 'normal' it is considered to be.
And those who don't will, over time, find it ever more and more difficult to compete with those who do.

Quote:
Have never gone for it in all these years, please don't continue to hold out hope this will change
I couldn't care less how you choose to live. Just understand, if you are single and looking, being a woman who refuses to go there will make things more difficult for you. If you're not, it doesn't affect you in the least.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:23 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
But women DO give it up so easy now. Things have changed, and they're not going back.

Why do you see it as a "problem"?

If women and men want nothing more then a hookup I'm more then ok with that. Whatever floats there boat honestly. but you can't blame just one sex when the other is so ready to give it up. The only problem I see is one sex blaming another for being easy.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:24 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,717,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
In some men's mind, you can look for hookups from one "type" or woman while looking for comittment from another. Only the woman is a ho in this case. Go figger.
i'm not calling anybody a 'ho' , but yeah, that's the idea.

"In some men's mind", hah, women do this too... just maybe not as often. Plenty of women know the deal , they would rather sleep with an attractive guy than date a loser who takes them seriously.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:26 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
If women and men want nothing more then a hookup I'm more then ok with that. Whatever floats there boat honestly. but you can't blame just one sex when the other is so ready to give it up. The only problem I see is one sex blaming another for being easy.
I don't see being Gay or Lesbian makes it any easier and possibly worse.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:27 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,180,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
If women and men want nothing more then a hookup I'm more then ok with that.
You are making an assumption not held by all that hookups are something LESS than something else. They are just DIFFERENT. A person can be looking for a cheap burger one night and a three course meal another. One is not less than the other, they are different.

For some of us, we aren't/weren't LOOKING at all. What worked at any given time was what we did. How was I to know that I was going to fall madly in love with my husband on the first night we were together. Was I LOOKING for a hook up? No. I was dancing. Was I looking for a commitment? No. I was dancing.

I mean how many people say to themselves, tonight I am going to go out looking for a hookup? I would bet if you do, you smell like a skank and won't get one.

Quote:
Whatever floats there boat honestly. but you can't blame just one sex when the other is so ready to give it up. The only problem I see is one sex blaming another for being easy.
Why is one "giving it up" and the other, presumably taking? Seems to me that it is mutual.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:27 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i'm not calling anybody a 'ho' , but yeah, that's the idea.

"In some men's mind", hah, women do this too... just maybe not as often. Plenty of women know the deal , they would rather sleep with a good looking guy than have a loser take them seriously.
Women do it more often then they let on. Their little black book of rebounds,one night stands and FWB is always waiting for a relationship to end. Thing about guys...they'll always be there and willing no matter how long its been...because well...they're guys
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships