Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 06:57 PM

102,094 posts, read 107,197,582 times

Advertisements

Let's see...the article says men are raised to believe they're entitled to a "hot" spouse (where does this idea come from?! I've never heard of this.), but they hate women...why? Because most don't measure up to the definition of "hot"? What? I'm not following this. This was just a prank article, right? It couldn't have been intended seriously. If it was just a joke, why is everyone getting so worked up about it, as if it were a serious article? The article makes no sense.

Chill, everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 07:09 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,997,292 times
Ha, it turns out there's a counter-article.

5 Ways Women Are Trained To Hate Men | Right Wing News

Frankly, I've come to the conclusion that men and women hate each other and always have - whether consciously or subconsciously - and that's what all these battles of the sexes stem from. I think both genders have always resented the other one because of the symbiotic existence and dependence. Men can't have sex and children without women. Women can't (OK, couldn't) have financial independence and/or children without men. Dependence on someone always tends to breed contempt.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:09 PM

956 posts, read 1,763,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's nice to hear.

My point was that judging by their behavior in social situations, it's hard to believe they have such a strong need for women. I don't see men talking to women. They may pine for women when they're alone, but they don't talk to women when they have the chance. You'd be surprised what a good sense of humor and a nice smile can do to attractiveness, or the perceived lack of it.
EXCELLENT observation. Their parents didn't bring them up well-the reason for most problems! And society can make the situation worse.

Then you have like JBT says,women who shoot you down when you talk HARMLESSLY to them I'm very pleasant when approached, unless, that person's a jerk/creep!

Old 04-10-2012, 07:30 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,102,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Frankly, I've come to the conclusion that men and women hate each other and always have...
Which is a good recipe for some great sex, by the way.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:32 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,997,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
Which is a good recipe for some great sex, by the way.
That it is...

Old 04-10-2012, 07:59 PM

102,094 posts, read 107,197,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudra View Post
Then you have like JBT says,women who shoot you down when you talk HARMLESSLY to them
Guys do the same thing. Humans are human, there's all kinds, and those kinds come in both genders.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:36 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,285,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Frankly, I've come to the conclusion that men and women hate each other and always have - whether consciously or subconsciously - and that's what all these battles of the sexes stem from. I think both genders have always resented the other one because of the symbiotic existence and dependence. Men can't have sex and children without women. Women can't (OK, couldn't) have financial independence and/or children without men. Dependence on someone always tends to breed contempt.
I didn't think of this as I was pondering about the gist of this thread. But I can see how the "interdependence" and "reliance" (in traditional role situations, which most of us know are still the norm) make for a contentious situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships