Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 04:50 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
Hmmmm. Maybe that's my problem. Been so long since I actually cooked that now I am a lousy cook!
It's not, trust me! There may be a few gluttons out there, but that's not what the majority cares about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 04:51 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,987,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red On The Noodle View Post
Hmmmm. Maybe that's my problem. Been so long since I actually cooked that now I am a lousy cook!
Just be sure to take it to the guy you like, or invite him over to your place.

Or else you're just cooking for yourself and giving yourself the

Old 04-06-2012, 05:43 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,407,600 times
LOLOL...I'm a pretty bad cook and all the men I've dated have all been the ones to cook for me...oh irony!

Old 04-06-2012, 05:48 PM

391 posts, read 687,807 times
I don't care if she doesn't cook... perhaps we can cook together
first in the kitchen and later elsewhere.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:56 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
Yeah I've heard this phrase peddled around over the years, but food is grossly overrated to me. I'm a pretty healthy eater, so give me a healthy/fit woman who doesn't cook well over a foodie any day. Sure a great cook would be cool, but I need a girl that prioritizes health and fitness over temporary taste bud pleasures.

From a purely mathematical standpoint, you're awake for roughly 16 hours a day, and the process/pleasure of eating takes up about 1 hour give or take. The other 15 hours are spent paying for or benefiting from what you ate in that 1 hour. I think 15 hours are more important than 1.
You know you can cook healthy food, right? A good cook will be able to replaced 'bad' ingredients (i.e. ground beef for ground turkey etc.) and make healthy meals that are delicious.

Besides, health and fitness has a LOT to do with the fuel you put in your body, and I think spending time together cooking is an excellent way to have fun and bond with a SO. It's not just about stuffing your face.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:22 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,640,523 times
Thanks!

Old 04-06-2012, 07:32 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,023,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
You know you can cook healthy food, right? A good cook will be able to replaced 'bad' ingredients (i.e. ground beef for ground turkey etc.) and make healthy meals that are delicious.

Besides, health and fitness has a LOT to do with the fuel you put in your body, and I think spending time together cooking is an excellent way to have fun and bond with a SO. It's not just about stuffing your face.
You're right, it's definitely better than eating out. I guess I was just thinking about the dessert/burger/pork chop aspect of it all. I cook for myself, but really basic stuff like baked chicken, salmon, brown rice, quinoa, hard boiled eggs.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:39 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Do you want to get a good man? Here's the secret. Find a man who is busy and scheme your way into his life where he comes to depend on you. Then feed him.

That's it.

If he is busy then he is responsible and as the grandma of old used to tell young ladies, "the way to mans heart is through his stomach".

I have yet to hear of a man leaving his wife who is a good cook. It may have happened but I haven't heard of it yet and I guarantee if he did leave he regrets it.

I myself would put up with a naggin _ itch if she could make a good meatloaf along with gravy. Yea, yea can you pass the mashed potatoes?
Are you married?

Old 04-06-2012, 07:41 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,105 times
Woman will have to do better than know how to cook considering I've been the cook in all my relationships to date.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:47 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
You're right, it's definitely better than eating out. I guess I was just thinking about the dessert/burger/pork chop aspect of it all. I cook for myself, but really basic stuff like baked chicken, salmon, brown rice, quinoa, hard boiled eggs.
That describes a lot of what my diet consists of...you can do some pretty amazing things with spices and ways of cooking. I make a pretty mean maple glazed salmon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships