Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 11:05 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,269,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Do you want to get a good man? Here's the secret. Find a man who is busy and scheme your way into his life where he comes to depend on you. Then feed him.

That's it.

If he is busy then he is responsible and as the grandma of old used to tell young ladies, "the way to mans heart is through his stomach".

I have yet to hear of a man leaving his wife who is a good cook. It may have happened but I haven't heard of it yet and I guarantee if he did leave he regrets it.

I myself would put up with a naggin _ itch if she could make a good meatloaf along with gravy. Yea, yea can you pass the mashed potatoes?

OP - why on God's earth would ANY woman wish to "catch" and "keep" a man these days? They have rendered themselves almost entirely obsolete.

Women don't NEED men anymore...and men, by and large, have been their own worst enemies by the way the continue to behave towards their women. Need proof? Check out the Domestic Violence stats.

I predict more and more women will choose to NEVER marry or co-habit. I'm sure I never will again.

Last edited by MsAnnThrope; 04-09-2012 at 11:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 11:13 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Do you want to get a good man? Here's the secret. Find a man who is busy and scheme your way into his life where he comes to depend on you. Then feed him.

That's it.

If he is busy then he is responsible and as the grandma of old used to tell young ladies, "the way to mans heart is through his stomach".

I have yet to hear of a man leaving his wife who is a good cook. It may have happened but I haven't heard of it yet and I guarantee if he did leave he regrets it.

I myself would put up with a naggin _ itch if she could make a good meatloaf along with gravy. Yea, yea can you pass the mashed potatoes?
Sorry but I am not into playing games to "get a man."

The man in my life will get the "authentic" me not some version that I think that he wants just to get him to "put a ring on it." This is the reason why some men become disappointed and disillusioned with the women in their lives. The women were not honest about who they really are or what they really want in the relationship.

I will not do a bait-n-switch regarding cooking, cleaning, finances, sex, etc. What he gets before the wedding will be the same that he gets after the wedding.

We really need to evolve beyond the game playing.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:40 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernaut112 View Post
Settling with a woman who's a good cook is like a woman settling with a man who can "fix things around the house."
Have you ever not had somebody to "fix things around the house"...?

Old 04-09-2012, 11:45 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,492 times
Default Ladies here is the secret.

Quote:

That's it.

I think you might have something here! I knew my woman could cook before we married, and she has just gotten better with time. I would put up with naggin, but I don't have any of that to worry about. Her cooking so far exceeds my expectations it's just wonderful.

Now, that is out of the way, cooking is important. Most young women today are not all that good at cooking, many of them have only been shown how to buy and use TV dinners or other frozen prepared dinners. One look in the frozen food case at any grocery store is amazing, and you see the variety of stuff people actually eat. Seems to me that cooking has been an art passed down from mothers to daughters and if the mother was a good cook the daughter will be also. I think it is important for mothers to teach their sons to cook also. My son is a very good cook, his wife is real good at boiling water.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:23 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,094 times
Quote:
Redvelvet I'm asking this in the most respectful way possible. Do you have a sister? I'd marry her right now. I'm sure I could find a message board Preacher to do it. Fried not baked.. Can you pass the hot sauce
haha! nope, no sis, but I am always willing to cook for anyone who needs to be fed. I guess I just love to cook, and that, apprently, is rare.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:45 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
OP - why on God's earth would ANY woman wish to "catch" and "keep" a man these days? They have rendered themselves almost entirely obsolete.

Women don't NEED men anymore...
LOL. Men are a nice 'optional extra' these days, especially if you're a high earner and financially independent

Old 04-10-2012, 09:51 AM

36,492 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post

Women don't NEED men anymore...and men, by and large, have been their own worst enemies by the way the continue to behave towards their women. Need proof? Check out the Domestic Violence stats.

I predict more and more women will choose to NEVER marry or co-habit. I'm sure I never will again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
LOL. Men are a nice 'optional extra' these days, especially if you're a high earner and financially independent
I agree. No need to catch a man and especially with your cooking. If I want a companion it will be someone who is interested in more important attributes, like intellect, common goals and interests, personality, beliefs and general character. The same I would be looking for in a mate, not that he could fix stuff. I love to cook and I do for my family and friends and even strangers, but if a man is interested in me because I cook and that is what it takes to keep him around, Ill definately go with the catch and release program.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:58 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,004,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I think you might have something here! I knew my woman could cook before we married, and she has just gotten better with time. I would put up with naggin, but I don't have any of that to worry about. Her cooking so far exceeds my expectations it's just wonderful.

Now, that is out of the way, cooking is important. Most young women today are not all that good at cooking, many of them have only been shown how to buy and use TV dinners or other frozen prepared dinners. One look in the frozen food case at any grocery store is amazing, and you see the variety of stuff people actually eat. Seems to me that cooking has been an art passed down from mothers to daughters and if the mother was a good cook the daughter will be also. I think it is important for mothers to teach their sons to cook also. My son is a very good cook, his wife is real good at boiling water.
A great date idea - take your partner to a cooking class, but only when she is in a good mood - you don't want her near knives if she's in a foul mood.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Thanks, I'll have to let my wife know.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
haha! nope, no sis, but I am always willing to cook for anyone who needs to be fed. I guess I just love to cook, and that, apprently, is rare.
What time is dinner? I'll bring the wine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships