Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 12:21 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Well,you brought it up in the first place.

How can someone overcome an obstacle like skin color and hair texture?
Well duh! We should just hide and disappear. Obviously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 08:41 AM

41 posts, read 92,772 times
I never understood why men of other races especially white men and unfortunately black men have issues with our skin and hair texture. We come in many different shades, eye colors, cultures, and hair textures. I don't understand why we are seen like we all act the same? I think it comes from too much TV and self-hatred. About our hair, we have the most unique hair it just doesn't sit there it has personality. I take good care of my hair I have waist length relaxed hair. I hate when black men say black woman cannot grow long hair and that our natural hair is ugly and dry. I just don't get it, it's like they come up with every reason they can think of to put us down...

Old 04-09-2012, 09:38 AM

72 posts, read 87,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I keep reading this but people offer NO solutions for black women. Are we supposed to just accept this harsh reality then rot and die off the face of earth while everyone else happily dates and procreates with each other? We can't possibly be that unattractive (I happen to think I'm average) that we deserve this fate

I keep reading this but people offer NO solutions for short men. Are we supposed to just accept this harsh reality then rot and die off the face of earth while everyone else happily dates and procreates with each other? We can't possibly be that unattractive (I happen to think I'm average) that we deserve this fate

I keep reading this but people offer NO solutions for asian men. Are we supposed to just accept this harsh reality then rot and die off the face of earth while everyone else happily dates and procreates with each other? We can't possibly be that unattractive (I happen to think I'm average) that we deserve this fate

I keep reading this but people offer NO solutions for indian men. Are we supposed to just accept this harsh reality then rot and die off the face of earth while everyone else happily dates and procreates with each other? We can't possibly be that unattractive (I happen to think I'm average) that we deserve this fate

seriously stop whining and go look for someone who will love you for you. it isnt easy when we all get stereotyped, have an uphill battle with dating and arent the medias version of what is mainstream, but think about all of the men you would never give a chance to....

it isn't cookies and cream for all of us out here in the dating world.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:43 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotheosis2012 View Post
I keep reading this but people offer NO solutions for short men. Are we supposed to just accept this harsh reality then rot and die off the face of earth while everyone else happily dates and procreates with each other? We can't possibly be that unattractive (I happen to think I'm average) that we deserve this fate

I keep reading this but people offer NO solutions for asian men. Are we supposed to just accept this harsh reality then rot and die off the face of earth while everyone else happily dates and procreates with each other? We can't possibly be that unattractive (I happen to think I'm average) that we deserve this fate

I keep reading this but people offer NO solutions for indian men. Are we supposed to just accept this harsh reality then rot and die off the face of earth while everyone else happily dates and procreates with each other? We can't possibly be that unattractive (I happen to think I'm average) that we deserve this fate

seriously stop whining and go look for someone who wants you for you. we all get stereotyped and have an uphill battle with dating but think about all of the men you'd never give a chance to.

it isn't cookies and cream for all of us out here in the dating world.
according to this thread, all short, indian, and asian men all want white and non black women.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Well,you brought it up in the first place.

How can someone overcome an obstacle like skin color and hair texture?
The only way to overcome this obstacle is to change the skin color and hair texture.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
according to this thread, all short, indian, and asian men all want white and non black women.
thousands of threads all over the internet of women (incl black women) full of vitrol, hate and ridicule over short men...... like u we all have to deal with it and keep looking until we find the one who will accept us for who we are....

Old 04-09-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotheosis2012 View Post
thousands of threads all over the internet of women (incl black women) full of vitrol, hate and ridicule over short men...... like u we all have to deal with it and keep looking until we find the one who will accept us for who we are....
Well, I don't want a short man pursuing me because all the white and white looking hispanic women turned him down.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Well, I don't want a short man pursuing me because all the white and white looking hispanic women turned him down.
excuses...... cant get all pissy about about "feeling" second place if u urself put people in second place by coming up w/excuses. how do u know a short man wont feel that u approached him b/c all of the other men turned u down?

goes both ways................

Old 04-09-2012, 10:07 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,182,116 times
I hope this one gets locked!

Old 04-09-2012, 10:10 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,430,789 times
I dont see anything wrong with having a preference in so many areas. Even this one, as much as I might quibble about why one would unfairly, not perfer based on complexion, to give someone, who could turn out to be the best thing that ever happned to them a chance to prove it. No matter what American society and media perpetrate, black women like all women, are unmistakably beautiful in so many ways. And I dont perefer to date white women over black women. But white women, in my experience, tend to perefer someone like me more than black women do. And imo, that is their perogative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships