Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 10:57 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
From my experiences/observations many guys who feel that way don't tend to be expressive about it so a feminist or any kind of woman could be dating that kind of guy. Though once I informed said gal of the guy's views she dropped him or stayed while cheating on him.

The ones who were expressive tend to be avoided by all except women who shared their view that feminism is evil, that feminism shouldn't have existed, and etc.

This view of feminism and feminists doesn't seem to be uncommon to be me. In America it seems loads of guys are clinging to real or imagined victim status, bemoaning dating/relationship/marriage woes on feminism, and the downfall of society on feminism.
My experience is quite different. I only see these men online and I don't think it's a matter of people keeping their rhetoric to themselves. People are who they are and that's reflected in/by their relationships. We're not seeing happily married men spewing hatred. It's another breed all together.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:58 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Let's hope for all our sakes the likes of Bachmann, Palin, and Santorum never get near Washington again.
I couldn't agree with you more!!!

Old 04-08-2012, 11:02 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
My experience is quite different. I only see these men online and I don't think it's a matter of people keeping their rhetoric to themselves. People are who they are and that's reflected in/by their relationships. We're not seeing happily married men spewing hatred. It's another breed all together.
Different experiences. My experience has been many guys tend to keep their negative view of feminism and feminists to themselves. Few are vocal about it in real life but online many are quite vocal. I haven't encountered many men who were not wary or suspicious of feminism. It seems to many men feminism is an attack on masculinity, men, and women denying men stuff. Not sure on the what stuff as it seems to vary greatly.

Same experiences on the happy married or unmarried men not spewing hatred in relation to feminists/feminism. I tend to see more happiness in guys who label themselves feminists than guys who disparage it.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:06 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Different experiences. My experience has been many guys tend to keep their negative view of feminism and feminists to themselves. Few are vocal about it in real life but online many are quite vocal. I haven't encountered many men who were not wary or suspicious of feminism. It seems to many men feminism is an attack on masculinity, men, and women denying men stuff. Not sure on the what stuff as it seems to vary greatly.
But, you still know of it. So, they're really not keeping it under wraps off line. I know some miserable people from back home and hiding misery, insecurity, and an irrational nature did not seem like an easy thing at all (if they were attempting to hide it).

Quote:
Same experiences on the happy married or unmarried men not spewing hatred in relation to feminists/feminism. I tend to see more happiness in guys who label themselves feminists than guys who disparage it.
Yea, good observation. I suppose, in the end, whatever we dish out to others is what we give to ourselves 10-fold.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:12 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times
Quote:
But, you still know of it. So, they're really not keeping it under wraps off line. I know some miserable people from back home and hiding misery, insecurity, and an irrational nature did not seem like an easy thing at all (if they were attempting to hide it).
By keeping it to themselves I mean from gals they are dating or have a chance at dating. Those guys never stood a chance to me as I found them unattractive or not attractive enough and found them off putting before I even had a glimpse of their views. Plus for some odd reason I tend to be the person that others same some really effed up stuff to.

Many keep how deep their hatred/distrust runs under wraps as I'm the one telling the gals they like or somehow snagged what they truly think. Though it seems that those with minor hate/distrust don't really need to keep it under wraps it seems pretty acceptable/expected and the norm as a bit of hate/distrust seems to be society's view on feminists/feminism.

Quote:
Yea, good observation. I suppose, in the end, whatever we dish out to others is what we give to ourselves 10-fold.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:17 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Conservative political activist Phyllis Schlafly on Thursday had some advice for the students at The Citadel college in South Carolina: stay away from feminists.

While giving a lecture entitled “Conservative Intellectual Tradition in America,” the 87-year-old Schlafly told the all-male audience that “feminist is a bad word and everything they stand for is bad,” according to The Post and Courier. Schlafly also warned against getting into a relationship with a feminist.

Phyllis Schlafly: Don’t date feminists | The Raw Story
If it weren't for feminists, Phyllis Schlafly would never have had a voice.
Duh.
Weren't her 15 minutes of fame up about 3 decades ago?

Old 04-08-2012, 11:26 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
That's cool, good for you but most guys don't like attitudes like that. Just like girls for the most part don't want girly men, most guys don't want girls with aggressive/masculine personalities which outspoken feminists seem to have in abundance.
Hahahahaha.
Don't know many women, do you?
Stepping away from the computer and meeting a few might change your mind.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:58 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Honestly I haven't come across any women who identify themselves as "feminists" for about 20 years now. Feminism is dead.
Hallelujah.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:06 PM

744 posts, read 812,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Hahahahaha.

Quote:
Don't know many women, do you?
How do you gather that from my post?

Quote:
Stepping away from the computer and meeting a few might change your mind.
Great advice, if I one day happen to actually meet some women in real life how will this change my opinion?

Old 04-08-2012, 12:11 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Feminists would not be interested in dating that kind of guy. I'm not sure what kind of woman would. Based on the single men who use that kind of language on this forum, apparently their pickings are slim to none.
So what? Guys who hear the label would NOT want to date THEM. And they don't. About the pickings? You know this. Provide some stats. Unless you have both a visual and know more about these men, you can hardly make this assertion about "their pickings." Some see what's out there...and frankly don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships