Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 12:44 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
That's not enough though. I want to dress up and be showered with compliments from guys. Most girls I know enjoy this, they talk about the guys who hit on them and the attention they receive. I want this as well
Being showered with compliments is the only way you are going to be happy in life? Honestly - I think you need to take some time and take a good look at yourself and what is important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 12:56 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
That's not enough though. I want to dress up and be showered with compliments from guys. Most girls I know enjoy this, they talk about the guys who hit on them and the attention they receive. I want this as well
Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that even if you did get "showered" with the compliments that you so desperately crave, that you wouldn't believe the guys are being honest with you, anyway?

Old 04-08-2012, 01:41 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that even if you did get "showered" with the compliments that you so desperately crave, that you wouldn't believe the guys are being honest with you, anyway?
It would make me feel a lot better and content with myself. Every woman enjoys compliments. I want to feel like I am needed and wanted by somebody

Old 04-08-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
It would make me feel a lot better and content with myself. Every woman enjoys compliments. I want to feel like I am needed and wanted by somebody
Being complimented is not the same thing as being needed and wanted. I had a friend that was so insecure that she believed every guy who hit on her. One guy told her right after they met that she was the woman of his dreams. She believed him. When he didn't fall in love with her - she was crushed and couldn't understand.

Honestly - not being complimented is not your problem. The problem lies within you. Fix that and you'll be much happier. Or don't fix it. I feel like you don't really want to fix it. You are in control of your own life - so if you choose to let other people's opinions of you control how you feel about yourself - that's your choice. But it's not a very good one.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:52 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
How do you suppose that you will every get to that place of self confidence especially when you sound as if you don't love yourself?

Personally, I do not like being cat-called or wolf-whistled by strange men who usually are talking to their own "soldier" versus paying me a true compliment.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Being complimented is not the same thing as being needed and wanted. I had a friend that was so insecure that she believed every guy who hit on her. One guy told her right after they met that she was the woman of his dreams. She believed him. When he didn't fall in love with her - she was crushed and couldn't understand.

Honestly - not being complimented is not your problem. The problem lies within you. Fix that and you'll be much happier. Or don't fix it. I feel like you don't really want to fix it. You are in control of your own life - so if you choose to let other people's opinions of you control how you feel about yourself - that's your choice. But it's not a very good one.
So, you mean to tell me that if you were with a group of girls and everyone got complimented on their hair/makeup/fashion except for you you wouldn't feel bad about it? You'd be okay with that?

Old 04-08-2012, 01:55 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Speak for yourself. I like compliments well enough. I like giving them as well. But looking good in a skirt sure does not make me feel needed and wanted.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:56 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
So, you mean to tell me that if you were with a group of girls and everyone got complimented on their hair/makeup/fashion except for you you wouldn't feel bad about it? You'd be okay with that?
I am trying to picture a situation in which anyone would complement someone else' MAKEUP. Do you know that men have no idea what is good and not good makeup, and if you look good that they can't tell you are wearing any?

Old 04-08-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
It might make me feel bad for a bit - but not about my whole life or who I am. The thing is - I'm comfortable in my own skin. I'm easy to talk to. People enjoy talking to me when I go out. So even if I don't get all the compliments - I still have a good time. When I go out with my friends - I'm there to have a good time with my friends - so whether or not I get compliments is irrelevant. If the only reason you are going out is to get compliments - I suggest you look at going out in a different way.

Honestly - your attitude is not healthy. It will not lead to happiness. You can start to work on your self esteem and confidence if you want to have a better life. Or you can keep complaining about how nobody compliments you and that this is the only thing that will make you happy. It's your choice.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I am trying to picture a situation in which anyone would complement someone else' MAKEUP. Do you know that men have no idea what is good and not good makeup, and if you look good that they can't tell you are wearing any?
When you attend a social gathering that requires you to dress up, usually women all get together and we talk and they start to compliment some on what they are wearing like their makeup, hair, nails, shoes, outfit. Sometimes they will compliment certain women much more than others, and not compliment others at all. And men will tell some of the women they look nice, if they like what she has on or if they find her attractive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships