Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 12:09 PM

625 posts, read 902,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gochi View Post
I think this thread should be locked before MsAnthrope gets a heart attack.

lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 12:27 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,083,796 times
She's teasing you.

I agree it's really immature.

When I came across women in college who thought they were 'above' me, they'd just completely ignore me.

Now that's MATURE.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:18 PM

22 posts, read 21,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
She's teasing you.

I agree it's really immature.

When I came across women in college who thought they were 'above' me, they'd just completely ignore me.

Now that's MATURE.
Teasing me?

What do you mean? What does she hope to accomplish?

Old 04-11-2012, 09:20 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:

so is she saying "no" in a nice way or is she just shy/nervous
She is immature and I wouldn't deal with it. Good luck, to you.

[i'm too old for that bs]

Old 04-11-2012, 09:21 PM

UPDATE:

Today I ignored her, and she was really trying hard to get my attention.

One of her friends sat near me since he was late. She looked over at him multiple times and I could tell her guy friend was looking at me, or watching me.

Consequently, she would again play with her hair in a seductive way (pretty obvious) so that I would look at her and pay attention. I just ignored it, but holly hell, why woudld she do this for an entire 4 months?

Like, I'm sure she might have been attracted to me (most women are, not bragging), but 4 months???

Again, this is after she said no to lunch, lmao.

When you people say immature, what do you mean (in the context of my scenario)?

Old 04-12-2012, 02:30 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
Maybe she just loves playing with her hair?

Maybe she is using you to make someone else jealous?

Maybe her friend is gay and wants you since you are so hot?

Maybe she was flipping her hair to get her friend's attention, yours, and everybody else in the room who would respond?

Maybe her friend is trying to protect her from some crazy guy who won't take no for an answer?

Do you realize how much attention you put on her and how little attention you put to the negative signals that she sends and that half the people on the forum have been trying to get you to notice? But you don't pay attention to the negative comments written here. Perhaps I might be wrong and you are right, but why are your viewpoints so unbalanced? Why do you only, and I mean ONLY, pay attention to the positive feedback, yet refuse to listen to the NO?

Old 04-12-2012, 09:25 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
UPDATE:

One of her friends sat near me since he was late. She looked over at him multiple times and I could tell her guy friend was looking at me, or watching me.

Consequently, she would again play with her hair in a seductive way (pretty obvious) so that I would look at her and pay attention. I just ignored it, but holly hell, why woudld she do this for an entire 4 months?

Like, I'm sure she might have been attracted to me (most women are, not bragging), but 4 months???

Good God, Man. Just walk up to her and ask her out. How hard could this possibly be? All this game-playing is stupid. And, once again, maybe she said no to lunch because she had other plans. Give it one more time, and if she turns you down, move on and don't give her another thought. I just can't believe this requires that much mental energy.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:13 PM

1,784 posts, read 2,381,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Good God, Man. Just walk up to her and ask her out. How hard could this possibly be? All this game-playing is stupid. And, once again, maybe she said no to lunch because she had other plans. Give it one more time, and if she turns you down, move on and don't give her another thought. I just can't believe this requires that much mental energy.
Don't do this. You already tried once and she rejected you. If she really wanted to go out with you she would have given an alternative time to go out and she didn't. OP, stop trying to apply logic to this weirdo. Also, I think you're imagining this seductive hair-playing thing.

She had her chance with you and she blew it. Have some self-respect, man! Continue to ignore her. She'll come crawling to you and ask for a date but say no. On the off chance you two ever agree to a date, she's going to do something flaky like stand you up or cancel it. This chick plays games, don't trust her.

You've stated several times that a lot of women find you attractive. Why are you worrying about this little girl? Are you dating any other women currently?

Old 04-12-2012, 12:38 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,092 times
Quote:
UPDATE:

Ok, here's the truth, and I speak from experience. I had a similar situation many years ago. The truth is, yes she likes you. She likes you a lot. It's very possible that she has serious feelings for you. Your right, she wouldn't be waisting her time doing all this if she didn't. However, you bruised her ego. When you ignored her advances last year/semester whatever she couldn't handle it. It's obvious she likes you, you know that deep in your gut. We can lie to you and tell you that she doesn't but that wouldn't be fair to you. The bottom line is that you probably blew it. She is and was too immature to handle your rejection at the time. She doesn't know what your reasons for rejecting her were so most likely she thinks you liked someone else. When you went after her, she probably felt like she was second best to someone else. And now that you are trying for her, it's her turn to reject you!

Does she like you--obviously. Cause like you said, she wouldn't be waisting so much time trying to get your attention. However, she's not at the point in life to be mature enough to get over the fact that you blew her off last year/semester whatever. I went through something similar many years ago my senior year in high school. I don't think your egotistical for saying that many girls like you either. That's how it was for me too. Call me whatever. Some times the truth is the truth. But it does come off kind of egotistical when you/I say it. "I" understand that you are just trying to describe the situation as to what exactly it is..The bottom line is that you most likely blew it. She's just not ready to forgive and forget. Possibly a bit too immature to let go. You can't exactly explain why you did what you did without sounding messed up. If you get my drift. So it's sort of turned into a lose-lose situation.

Something tells me this girl is really good looking. Sometimes the best looking people have the biggest ego's. They are also the most least forgiving. I have to admit, I was like this myself.

I would just chalk it up to the fact that you just blew it. Try to learn from your mistakes next time. Next time a girl approaches you, is constantly starring at you,or trying to get your attention, whatever...don't wait too long to make your move. And if they come seeking to hit on you-don't blow them off! Women can be a bit fickle (I'm not sure that's the right word). What I mean is when they like you, you better move quickly. If you wait too long, you lose out..Take this as a lesson and move on. You don't realize it, but you have apparently already done too much damage for "her" to handle. She can't seem to get past the fact that you blew her off so many times, so there's really nothing more you can do.

Even when you ignore her, she will continue to look your way, stare, etc. That's because she is attracted to you. That doesn't go away. But it doesn't mean that she is willing to be with you..

I hope this helps..I seriously have been there. I know exactly how you feel. It's a very confusing place to be. But don't reject your intuition and drive yourself crazy. Understand that yes-she's attracted to you. And yes-you blew it! Time to move on.

I truly hope this helps.

Old 04-12-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Maybe she just loves playing with her hair?

Maybe she is using you to make someone else jealous?

Maybe her friend is gay and wants you since you are so hot?

Maybe she was flipping her hair to get her friend's attention, yours, and everybody else in the room who would respond?

Maybe her friend is trying to protect her from some crazy guy who won't take no for an answer?

Do you realize how much attention you put on her and how little attention you put to the negative signals that she sends and that half the people on the forum have been trying to get you to notice? But you don't pay attention to the negative comments written here. Perhaps I might be wrong and you are right, but why are your viewpoints so unbalanced? Why do you only, and I mean ONLY, pay attention to the positive feedback, yet refuse to listen to the NO?
I will try to answer your questions:

1. I know when a girl is trying to get my attention - she wasn't just playing with her hair. It's hard to describe in words, but if you were there, you would have noticed it.

2. nobody in that class is as good looking as me (not bragging, lol)

rest of the q's don't really matter.

I am acknowledging all the negative viewpoints too. I really am - but I like this girl, and I don't care if I get toyed around or whatever the case may be. At least I tried; no regrets on my end here. All these negative points would make sense if she was doing what she was doing for a week or 3 weeks etc. But 4 MONTHS, and then following me, getting her friends to follow me etc, that's confusing....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships