Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you treat "Beautiful" people better than "Unattractive" people.
Yes 50 39.68%
No 76 60.32%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 07:56 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times

Advertisements

I am nicer to people who smile at me. And a smile makes anyone instantly more attractive. I don't typically notice much about someone's looks. I am more likely to notice a poorly fitting outfit. I know it sounds strange, but it always happens to me, I'll be talking to someone (let's say male) and after I finish the conversation, a friend will come up and say "he was really good looking." I have to think about it and go, "oh yeah, I guess so."

Personally I find I get better treatment at places than most people I know. I am average looking, or maybe a little better than average, but no stunner.

I typically get better service at most places than the average person. I think there is really only one reason. I smile a lot more than the average person. I'll be honest, it works out really well. When you need to use an expired coupon. If you want to get a discount. Or if people want to give you some sort of free stuff. I find it works equally well with men and women. At the very minimum, I get a smile back and brighten someone else's mood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 07:57 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Yes let's cleanse the world of all the ugly unattractive people.
I'm aboard! Now how do we go about executing this brilliant plan?

Old 04-10-2012, 08:13 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post
I want to feel feminine in their arms. I've never had a serious boyfriend though.
Beilua Rose;

I don't know who or what circumstance made you feel so harshly judgmental of yourself, but I hope somehow you find the way to overcome it because life is too short and I believe you are letting these feelings stand between you and your own happiness.

I am not a pretty woman. I recall once as a young girl asking my mother if I was pretty. She gave me a searching look and said: "No, you are not. I think the term would be handsome." I was crestfallen. Adopted, short, and chubby -- I needed reassurance from my tall, slender mother. Handsome (in the early 60s) was Rock Hudson or Tony Curtis. I wanted to be pretty like Sandra Dee, or beautiful like Liz Taylor. So, if I couldn't be pretty, I decided I would be smart and commanding.

The message is: YOU decide what you are, and how you will be responded to by others. If you want to be feminine, then be feminine -- don't look for someone else that will make you feel feminine. Only YOU can do that for yourself.

And no matter how old you are, it is never too late to be who you want to be. Decide what feminine means to you, and be that. If it is colors, or ruffles and lace, or talking in a soft voice -- just do it.

And remember, it doesn't matter what others think about you, as long as you think well of yourself.

Now, go be your beautiful self.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:32 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
How someone looks has nothing to do with how I react to them. If they smile and seem pleasant, so am I. Looks have nothing to do with it.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:53 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times
No. Equal treatment for everyone. I put a negative hit on good looking girls.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:09 PM

23,221 posts, read 29,044,905 times
I never know if someone is extremely attractive or extremely ugly until my first memorable orgasm with that person!

If an ugly person has a way of sending me into orbit (like to Mars or Pluto) then I've found myself an extremely attractive person.

And if an extremely attractive person never lifts me off Planet Ugly, in the bedroom.............................

Sexual talent is E-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g to me!

Old 04-10-2012, 11:46 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Are you just as nice to "Unattractive" people as you are to "Beautiful" people?
Yes. Be nice to everyone. Life is easier that way.

[i voted 'yes' on the poll and then realized the question was rephrased...]

Old 04-10-2012, 11:57 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,647 times
Well, no one's gonna admit being rude to unattractive people.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:20 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,267,115 times
Quote:
Yes, I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but in reality it seems like a lot of people are shallow when it comes to physical appearances.

I would be considered physically unattractive. No matter how I dress, how I do my hair or how I wear my makeup, some people seem to always confuse me for a man.

Men usually don't take the time to check me out, and when I'm being serviced on I feel like people are more likely to become impatient with me because I am unattractive. Likewise, beautiful people get more positive attention. They get more stares of admiration, the customer service that they receive is not forced and they have plenty of mates to choose from waiting in line for them.

Who knows. Maybe I treat attractive people better too. Actually, No. I treat funnier people or those who look depressed better.

Maybe I am shallow when It comes to dating though. I like tall men who are bigger than me with huge hands and feet, but the only reason I like those types of men is because I want to feel feminine in their arms.

I've never had a serious boyfriend though.
Sounds to me like you need to boost your self esteem up a little. People can pick up on what kind of an attitude you are generating and I truly think that it plays a part in how you appear to them. If you feel like you look like a guy no matter what you do to yourself with regard to hair, makeup and clothes then that's exactly what you will appear like. Perhaps its time to revamp your "style"? I am 64 and have always been considered attractive but have not received any special treatment that I can think of. As a matter of fact, I have 4 sisters who never seem to call me or come near me and one refers to me as the "fat rich bi**ch on the hill". Nice, huh? Yes I could stand to lose some weight, but rich?? not in this lifetime. I am married to a guy 10 years younger than me, have a great life and a great home..who knows what it could be. Don't spend the rest of your life worrying about how people perceive you, its time wasted. As far as being shallow....you just might be...the guy you fall in love with may be nothing like what you prefer and won't that be a shock?? It happened to me and I am beyond happy.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:29 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Seeing as how I hang around nerds, I can safely say that some of my friends are "unattractive" to me physically. I treat them no different than my friends who are downright smoking hot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships