U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 11:03 PM

160 posts, read 345,004 times

Advertisements

I used to go have the same problem with my husband when we first met. We were both very young, still in college and both working. That meant leaving the house at 7 o'clock in the morning and returning sometimes around 10 in the evening.
So what we did was "steal" little moments in the morning - we would meet at 8 a.m. at the bus station, spend 15 minutes together, than go on our way. Or at night, when he had work in my area and I happened to be home, he would drop by for another 15 minutes, on his way home, just to catch up. We couldn't do this every day, but for many months this was the only way we could see eachother. Weekends were better, but we sometimes had to work then, too.
It was a very difficult time for us, we were around 22-23 at the time and that was not the ideal way to start a relationship. I don't know what kept us going, really, I guess some things are just meant to be.

If I were you (I am almost 28, too) I wouldn't give up on the guy just yet. Sure, things are a lot easier and carefree at 22, but I do believe that you have to put a great effort in a relationship if you want it to work, no matter the age. I believe that he really likes you and maybe things will get better in time. You should talk about this with him, maybe together you can think of a solution.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 05:44 AM

8 posts, read 65,684 times
Thanks for the advice, I'll give it some more time. My own schedule has been hectic the past few days, and we had tentative plans just to hangout and get some coffee later when we were both done with some errands. After keeping in touch for a few hours on our status, it got late, and he called to cancelled. Of course it was disappointing, but ok since i was still busy as well. we spoke for approx a half hr, and reconfirmed plans and a time for another day this week.

I feel a bit better, as he initiated a conversation about the distance he was giving me; I was afraid he was pulling away, but he said he was actually giving me space since I've been so busy! I was surprised; I never would have thought of that and thought it was very sweet.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:42 AM

1 posts, read 2,203 times
Default Help!

Hi I am very new to this, apologies if I have done something wrong...I need help with the following...

I have begun dating a lovely guy, last night was our third date. He has take me out twice to nice restaurants, paid, picked me up, has always been a gentleman. Last night I had him over for dinner. It was lovely. We had our second big pash session, he told me I had beautiful eyes and that he feels comfortable with me..I led him to the bedroom where we rolled around fully clothed and kissed some more. I was keen for some action but it was late and he said he should go. He said we'd go away this weekend.. We have both expressed interest in having sex.. The thing is, I really like this guy and I don't want to mess things up by sleeping with him, and then I never hear from him again. I have been hurt big time by players in the past and I don't want to fall victim again. Deep down I really don't believe that this guy is a player, he seems really genuine and interested in me. He has a great job and wants kids and I do feel that we have a connection and that he is interested in more than what is between my legs. I am DYING to have sex with him but I'm scared of giving away too much too soon, I'm not sure how I could handle rejection at this point in my life. We are both nearly 40. I only met him11 days ago, and in that time have been on 3 dates..I keep reading that if a man is truly interested in you he will call, text just to let you know he's thinking of you...I know I sound really impatient, but I really need to know whether I'm gonna screw things up by sleeping with him. I like him a lot and I want him to see me as relationship material...if he's into me the way I think he is, will he still want a rship after we've slept together. Thanks for your help, any thoughts?

Old 04-19-2012, 07:55 AM

270 posts, read 362,448 times
^^^ Start your own thread. You might get more responses.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:40 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,092,207 times
Dating a Busy Guy - How busy is too busy?

If he is dating more than 7 women at once, he will be too busy!

Old 04-19-2012, 09:43 AM

14,921 posts, read 18,661,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Dating a Busy Guy - How busy is too busy?

If he is dating more than 7 women at once, he will be too busy!
Har har.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:44 AM

8 posts, read 65,684 times
Thanks for the advice; as he had promised, he was an incredible help with my artwork, and very friendly/respectful to my friends. Although he couldn't attend my opening (due to prior obligations), he texted me throughout the night as to what he was up to, and that he wished he was there, and that he was proud of me and excited for me, and wants to return with me on another day we can figure out to talk about the work with me. It did made me feel like a million bucks.

Once again, we don't have plans for a week. Sparkk2chan, thanks for the advice. A friend of mine suggested the same thing; that I suggest to him we try to work in a few moments of time, after work, for a quick coffee, or something like that. Something to bridge the gap between the quality time we do spend together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships