Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 11:28 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
We were cool but I noticed a change.. he has alot of personal issues..baby mama drama... he says he has enough drama with his baby mamas and he doesn't need anymore..Sidenote--I really need to find people to date that don't have "baby Mamas" cause their always seems to be an issue. He never asked me how I felt about it just that if i was down with it and if not to go our separate ways. I know its an ******* move but it just seems out of left field. I always thought that we kind of liked each other and I figured he knew all this time that I felt for him but for him to say this ...just ...It made me feel as if he was disgusted at the fact that I even had feelings for him. I already have confidence issues and this just made it worse.
Not only "baby mama," but "baby mamaS"...?! What in the world have you wasted a whole year on?! What in the world made you waste even a minute on him?! What's wrong with women these days?! You're a pretty and smart woman! Why would you scrape the bottom of the barrel?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 11:29 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times
Quote:
I didn't take that as a compliment at all. To just dismiss my feelings and say "for what so you can catch more feelings. I'll Pass". It's a slap in the face..for no apparent reason.
I don't think you quite understood me.

In more simple words: I'm saying for you to simply say "*********" to the guy and not give a crap about him or if he hurt your feelings. Why would you worry if a guy like that did something? If he did that, it means he's a crappy person and not worth your time. Laugh it off and be glad you dodged a bullet there and be thankful he was frank with you.

Just stay away from the guy and never trust him again.

There's always a better option.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:35 PM

270 posts, read 387,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Unfortunately, I've seen the opposite... a lot of the time the guy doesn't think she's hot enough to date seriously so he figures he can get a few rolls in the hay while she's around. It's like the guy who takes his 'girl' out to only out of the way, hole in the wall places so nobody he knows sees them together.
It wasn't like that at all. He took my out in public to restaurant , movies, etc. Never hidden or anything like that. He even met my two closest girlfriends and we were all cool. He was up for me meeting his kids and all that. But it was such a waste of time and energy but at least now i know better.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:38 PM

270 posts, read 387,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I don't think you quite understood me.

In more simple words: I'm saying for you to simply say "*********" to the guy and not give a crap about him or if he hurt your feelings. Why would you worry if a guy like that did something? If he did that, it means he's a crappy person and not worth your time. Laugh it off and be glad you dodged a bullet there and be thankful he was frank with you.

Just stay away from the guy and never trust him again.

There's always a better option.
Ok I understand you now. You're right and I've already taken him out of my life. There is no way for him to contact me.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:26 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,396,324 times
geez, im glad you made that decision. If you had sex with him I think most of this board if not all of it would have lost all respect for u

Old 04-12-2012, 07:25 AM

36,487 posts, read 30,820,705 times
You should consider yourself lucky that he was up front about his intentions. Im not sure how you can go a year with someone and not know if you are friends or if the relationship is something more.
In no way should you feel bad or disgusted. You each just had a different idea of what your relationship was.
I had a few FWB mostly while in college. They were first my friends. I had no expectation that they would be anything more and did not want them to be. I never felt used or bad or any less than how I felt before the sex. We were friends and remain friends, thats what FWB is all about. Your problem is just that you thought you were more than friends and he did not which does not imply that you are not good enough or not a wonderful person.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:33 AM

607 posts, read 1,216,390 times
I think there are lots of reasons people want FWBs and I don't think it always has to do with not having or not wanting to invest feelings for the other person involved. I think it's good that you didn't get yourself in to a situation you weren't comfortable with, plus it sounds like this guy doesn't have the best judgement when it comes to interpersonal relationships, especially given his baby mama drama.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:40 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,460,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Unfortunately, I've seen the opposite... a lot of the time the guy doesn't think she's hot enough to date seriously so he figures he can get a few rolls in the hay while she's around. It's like the guy who takes his 'girl' out to only out of the way, hole in the wall places so nobody he knows sees them together.

I am sad to say i agree with this analysis. Sorry to the OP.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:48 AM

391 posts, read 687,807 times
Quote:
I recently had someone that I knew for sometime ask to be friends with benefits. I've never been in that kind of situation and I was kind of surprised because I saw this guy as something more. When he realized that I had feelings for him he said "It's best if we go our separate ways". I asked why and he said "Stick around for what so you can catch more feelings than what you already have..I'll pass". I felt so cheap and ugly and hurt. I read a post from friend on FB stating "Friends with benefits = in reality is telling you to your face that you're good enough to f... ...but not good enough to invest feelings in." Is this true?? Apparently I'm not even good enough to be friends with either.
The guy is an idiot. Don't let the idiots get you down on yourself.

There is someone out there who will value you.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:53 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,684,944 times
The purpose of FWB for most of us is we think the person is attractive, but see enough flags or other things that tell us we wouldn't want to be a long term relationship.

What I have a hard time with, is just about every week I have someone come in this forum claiming they've never heard of fwb. I don't buy that we have that many people out there oblivious to this scenario.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships