Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 08:57 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
He wasn't the person that posted that on FB it was another friend of mine but he definitely is not a FB friend any longer and I have changed my cell # also. It's so hurtful and surprising because I've never given him a reason for that. When I first met him there seemed to be a genuine interest and he wanted to get involved. Fast forward a year passes and now he throws the FWB at me. Just feeling bummed and unworthy.
Why are you letting anyone else have such control over your life?

Time to stop searching for some self-esteem in other people's opinions of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 08:58 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
I recently had someone that I knew for sometime ask to be friends with benefits. I've never been in that kind of situation and I was kind of surprised because I saw this guy as something more. When he realized that I had feelings for him he said "It's best if we go our separate ways". I asked why and he said "Stick around for what so you can catch more feelings than what you already have..I'll pass". I felt so cheap and ugly and hurt. I read a post from friend on FB stating "Friends with benefits = in reality is telling you to your face that you're good enough to f... ...but not good enough to invest feelings in." Is this true?? Apparently I'm not even good enough to be friends with either.
Yes. I'm so sorry. It really is. There will be a few on here who say, "Why I've been FWB with people for decades and not developed feelings for them." To me, one would have to be a borderline sociopath to think that way. That's because sex, by definition, is an act of intimacy. And while one person can possibly roll out of bed and walk away, it's unlikely that both people in a FWB situation can do that.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:58 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
The purpose of FWB for most of us is we think the person is attractive, but see enough flags or other things that tell us we wouldn't want to be a long term relationship.
This may be the case sometimes, but I'm sure just as many times women just deal with jerks in general who would act the same way regardless of the objects of their sexual release. It can happen to anybody. The difference is that any self-respecting woman would drop the moron like a hot potato at the first sniff of the nature of his behavior.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
There will be a few on here who say, "Why I've been FWB with people for decades and not developed feelings for them." To me, one would have to be a borderline sociopath to think that way.
I'd say.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:06 AM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
Here in the mountains we call someone such as this...pond scum.
You deserve a loving man who respects you, who will give you much happiness & sexual pleasure.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:10 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Here in the mountains we call someone such as this...pond scum.
You deserve a loving man who respects you, who will give you much happiness & sexual pleasure.
Agreed my friend, but she has to BELIEVE that first, and apparently she doesn't

Old 04-12-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Agreed my friend, but she has to BELIEVE that first, and apparently she doesn't
Yes. If she doesn't respect herself, who else will?

Old 04-12-2012, 10:25 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Well, what I'd take it as is a compliment. You gotta be pretty hot for him to want that, right?? Don't take it as anything less than that. He thinks you're hot and you don't want to deal with that. Flip him the bird and find someone better.
A women doesn't have to be "hot" for a man to sleep with her.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
A women doesn't have to be "hot" for a man to sleep with her.
For some, she just doesn't have to be dead.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
For some, she just doesn't have to be dead.
And some are so sweet and agreeable, they can compromise even on this one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships