Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 02:07 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
That is just stupid.

Here is a gang sign for your friends:
Actually, that sign represents how we cheer for Louisville. usually used with both middle and index finger up and thumb down though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 02:08 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,958,911 times
Women like the drama until it's time to get real with life. What's sad is when the fool they messed around with got them knocked up. If I know a woman has dated some shady characters I won't seriously date her. That kind of tells me where her mind is.

As for me I can date all the trollips and tramps on the planet. There's a double standard for men.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:15 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,265,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
I was noticing over the years that I have seen gangster men, some who have even been incarcerated dating attractive women and in some cases even impregnating these women. What is it that these women see in a man who look gangster, and has no career other then being a career criminal?
I don't know what the attraction is for women who date "bad boys" or "criminals". My first husband was a "bad boy" and the attraction I think was that he wasn't afraid of anything, was wild, and just didn't care about anything even our son when he was born. My time with him was limited so I guess you could say eventually we all figure out that a bad boy isn't a good thing to have. Don't go all gangster or bad boy now just to attract a woman. I eventually "got it" and married a great guy who does care about my son, does care about a LEGAL job and life is good. You can also find that some of the women who do hook up with those bad boys are not so nice themselves. I am or was ok back in the day when I married my bad boy but like I said, it only brought me grief..learned the hard way.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:18 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Really, he sounds like an idiot and merely being a broker on Wall Street doesn't mean he's headed for the corner office.
We actually agree on something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
Behavior, and whether it is classless, is determined by the historical context in which it occurs. Therefore, if saying curse words was common in the 1800's, than that normalcy within that context means that it is not 'classless behavior.' Assuming, of course, that it was perceived as not being classless.

Cultural standards of behavior are constantly changing. THerefore, a particular behavior in one context could be considered classless while in another historical context it may not have been perceived as classless. You're using your modern wordview to classify what is classless, when that's irrelevant because it's the historical context that you ignore.
What difference does historical context make?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
That is just stupid.

Here is a gang sign for your friends:
Bravo! The only sing I would use.
Quote:
If anything, this thread highlights fears that many people have about young black men. Let's be honest here.

But hey, I guess we're in a post-racial society. ( with a muslim president who was born in Kenya )
You've got to be kidding. This has to do with choices, people making a choice to make fools of themselves or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Actually, that sign represents how we cheer for Louisville. usually used with both middle and index finger up and thumb down though.
I'm sure it still looks like an "L", which would signify loser. Is that what people are doing at sporting events?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Women like the drama until it's time to get real with life. What's sad is when the fool they messed around with got them knocked up. If I know a woman has dated some shady characters I won't seriously date her. That kind of tells me where her mind is.

As for me I can date all the trollips and tramps on the planet. There's a double standard for men
Um, I don't think so. The women who are dating these gangster types only have a certain segment of men available to them and the men dating these women likewise only have a certain type available to them. Men who date tramps don't get to date just anybody.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:11 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,781,656 times
Lol most of them are wannabes, dressing like little wayne and having tats doesn't make you tough. Mostlt posers who do it as a sign of rebellion, women like it cuz its a fast life. Also these tough guys look more serious and look like they can go all night long in a women's eyes. It's just basically a front, you're selling a woman who image.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post

As for me I can date all the trollips and tramps on the planet. There's a double standard for men.
Yeah alot of them now are over 30 amd single. They got pregnant by this tough guy and know expect to meet a career oriented man who can take care of her and her child and when it doesn't happen they get bitter.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:21 AM

Quote:
If anything, this thread highlights fears that many people have about young black men. Let's be honest here.

But hey, I guess we're in a post-racial society. ( with a muslim president who was born in Kenya )
Your the first idiot to bring up race, plenty of white kids try to be gangster in order to get some action.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
If I were your mother, I would caution you that this could be a very dangerous thing to do. Please reconsider this behavior.

And real men with class don't throw up that middle finger either
Well you ain’t my d&*$ mother, so why did you anyway? What are you the morality police or Buzz Killington’s wife?
Well maybe your “real men” don’t but real men don’t waste time on something so trivial.

Quote:
I bet some of these posters would run with fright if they saw like 5 or 6 black guys just hanging out on the corner talking and doing nothing else.

Quote:
Wouldn't be my cup of tea, but I'm all for families having their own private jokes and ways of teasing.

Flipping the bird is really rude when you do it to strangers or in anger, or both
Once you have driven in DC or Louisville traffic, you’d understand why some let the bird fly easily. Plus where is there any harm in flashing when out with friends as a joke?
Okay is the F bomb any better?

Quote:
I'm sure it still looks like an "L", which would signify loser. Is that what people are doing at sporting events?
It is explained THAT “L” stands for University of Louisville. We put it up when our Cardinals are playing, classic example I watched the Final Four downtown a few weeks ago and middle fingers and “L” were going up all game.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:59 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times
To me it would look a bunch of fans. calling a team losers. If someone does that to you, you might want to think twice about the intended message.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
To me it would look a bunch of fans. calling a team losers. If someone does that to you, you might want to think twice about the intended message.
Of course it would look like that to someone outside of the city of Louisville. It is not our fault our team starts with an L.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships