Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 06:38 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,567,935 times

Advertisements

Depends on how you define "pure".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 06:44 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,550,977 times
OP seems rather narcissistic. That said, I don't like the "pure as the driven snow" look. I prefer the rough edge, the woman who dresses/acts a little wild. That's just me I guess.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:23 PM

30,310 posts, read 21,540,176 times
By pure if you mean Clean shavin and showered Im there

Old 04-13-2012, 07:24 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,819,708 times
I find this sort of people extremely boring, but that's me and I'm not a guy.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:33 PM

864 posts, read 1,444,557 times
I've been called pure/wholesome/the girl next door more times than I can count (and I do have a profile picture so you can judge for yourself ), and I take it as a compliment. I will say though that it has been a detriment to finding guys to date, but it's more because of my pure "actions" than my pure appearance (I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs, and I don't believe in sex before marriage). The guys who do appreciate that total package are rare, but they are out there...you just have to kiss a lot of toads before finding one. At least that was my experience.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:50 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,974,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip_dove View Post
I was told that I have pure looking eyes and a pure big smile, "light of the Lord" as a few people called my smile.
Also many people say that I am very pure hearted and I have this "innocences" about me. I am in my upper 30's as well.
I have never been married and I am thinking that this is what turns guys off.
Everyone has told me never change who I am for anyone. Also no, I am not the preachy type either.
I am thin and natural looking too.
But I think that guys don't like the "pure type".
It seems as if the guys who do talk to me (online) only want to hurt me cause of my pureness and good hearted nature.
So I was wondering why do guys hate the pure type?
or are there some men out there who really do want the pure hearted and pure looking type of woman to marry?
The only logic I can think of why a guy would not want to date someone who is pure looking and pure hearted is because the guy is worried about getting laughed at by their friends, but I really do not know. That is why I am here to get a guy's point of view on this topic.
Please be kind with your advice/answers to my question/s.
Thank you.
Are you one of those quixotic people? I can see how that would turn off SOME guys.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:00 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,212,380 times
Hum...I going to need a picture to truly get an idea of what's being said.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:36 AM

230 posts, read 313,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
I will say though that it has been a detriment to finding guys to date, but it's more because of my pure "actions" than my pure appearance (I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs, and I don't believe in sex before marriage).
Yeah if this is the kind "pure" the OP is talking about then I could see it being tough to get men to be in to you. I was always told by men that I'm a "wife" type. Ppl always got this sweet, good girl vibe from me and assumed it would be hard to get me in the sack quickly. It used to bother me when I was in my 20s cuz I was always getting passed up by guys after having fun on a few dates with them. Then I figured that I'm me and I'm not going to change who I am just for a guy to stick around. Once I became more confident then I started meeting men who wanted to take the time to get to know me. Yes, they are rare, but they're out there.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:15 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,411,336 times
Pure looking, yes - nothing better than a natural, healthy, vivacious appearance. However, if your attitude or personality includes a puritanical aspect, that would be a deal-breaker.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:21 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,011,148 times
Default Light of the lord???

Cant picture someone radiating this to that degree.

My take: Super sexy and spicy but a good heart is my #1. Don't care about tats or piercings if not overboard. A rock and roll gal can roll with me anytime...

And I mean real spicy......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships