Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 04-15-2012, 05:57 PM
 
Location: in Mary Ann and Ginger's hut
639 posts, read 823,784 times
Reputation: 576

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip_dove View Post
I was told that I have pure looking eyes and a pure big smile, "light of the Lord" as a few people called my smile.
Also many people say that I am very pure hearted and I have this "innocences" about me. I am in my upper 30's as well.
I have never been married and I am thinking that this is what turns guys off.
Everyone has told me never change who I am for anyone. Also no, I am not the preachy type either.
I am thin and natural looking too.
But I think that guys don't like the "pure type".
It seems as if the guys who do talk to me (online) only want to hurt me cause of my pureness and good hearted nature.
So I was wondering why do guys hate the pure type?
or are there some men out there who really do want the pure hearted and pure looking type of woman to marry?
The only logic I can think of why a guy would not want to date someone who is pure looking and pure hearted is because the guy is worried about getting laughed at by their friends, but I really do not know. That is why I am here to get a guy's point of view on this topic.
Please be kind with your advice/answers to my question/s.
Thank you.
most guys prefer the Girl Next Door/"Marianne"
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-15-2012, 07:22 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
8,711 posts, read 11,681,738 times
Reputation: 7603
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip_dove View Post
I was told that I have pure looking eyes and a pure big smile, "light of the Lord" as a few people called my smile.
Also many people say that I am very pure hearted and I have this "innocences" about me. I am in my upper 30's as well.
I have never been married and I am thinking that this is what turns guys off.
Everyone has told me never change who I am for anyone. Also no, I am not the preachy type either.
I am thin and natural looking too.
But I think that guys don't like the "pure type".
It seems as if the guys who do talk to me (online) only want to hurt me cause of my pureness and good hearted nature.
So I was wondering why do guys hate the pure type?
or are there some men out there who really do want the pure hearted and pure looking type of woman to marry?
The only logic I can think of why a guy would not want to date someone who is pure looking and pure hearted is because the guy is worried about getting laughed at by their friends, but I really do not know. That is why I am here to get a guy's point of view on this topic.
Please be kind with your advice/answers to my question/s.
Thank you.

no. they don't like the naive type. if you're not getting any men or dates that should give you your answer right there... no they do not like the 'pure type.' yes it turns them off that you are 'too innocent' and never been married, LTR or whatever.....you say pure, they say boring.

if you're attractive enough everything else I said is moot.

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 04-15-2012 at 07:43 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2012, 07:36 PM
 
15,013 posts, read 21,525,066 times
Reputation: 12332
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I love me some Catness. She is so pure and good with a bow too
Katniss.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2012, 07:21 PM
 
1 posts, read 8,120 times
Reputation: 11
Reminds me of the song of Creed's (Full Circle)"To whom it may concern". Many bad-boy types as they call em... many are not bad at heart and as people assume. I guess now I would have to say I'm a bad boy... I cannot deny my past and my deeds that I am loath to admitt by regret and shame. The most contrary truth is... I am as pure hearted as they come. I'm sensitive they say... ya well thats because I stand for justice and truth and those that claim to uphold it contradict it. I went to war against myself and that is my issue. Yet I still held to my goal to not get a tatoo or 30 and trust me thats hard for a musclebound burly whiteboy. Yet I do uphold all that is good in the end I cherrish and love the man who is pure of heart. Unfortunetely no man will ever be perfect, you mentioned the only man that ever was... the Lord Jesus. So do not let pride swell to the point of sin and I believe you are genuin and I don't think you are conceded. I will tell you, maby the middle is where all relationships involving intimate love that binds two into one should begin... who can know. Yet I will answer you Tulip_dove, MY God, i'm already 28 so im approximentaly 30,sigh... anyway your curiosity is part of your innocent way. You are lovely and there is nothing more beautiful in all of existance is a pure woman with bright eyes. We who try to hold to our pain... we are in a war we cannot win. Sometimes it is so utterly painful to love woman. Your name ends the point.... pure grace, pure beauty, pure music every sound every movement so amiable... and when you desire to have it and let yourself get so close that when you do get close... the dove flies away. "And I hope... those eyes dont steal my freedom... my freedom!" Its the only thing in the world that can steal a mans freedom perforce and that is all I will say. Never ever change tulip_dove... your the most beautiful thing in all the universes!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2012, 07:45 PM
 
Location: USA
30,320 posts, read 21,544,572 times
Reputation: 18698
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
I've been called pure/wholesome/the girl next door more times than I can count (and I do have a profile picture so you can judge for yourself ), and I take it as a compliment. I will say though that it has been a detriment to finding guys to date, but it's more because of my pure "actions" than my pure appearance (I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs, and I don't believe in sex before marriage). The guys who do appreciate that total package are rare, but they are out there...you just have to kiss a lot of toads before finding one. At least that was my experience.
pure/wholesome/the girl- Yep, you have that look
I don't drink-Ok
don't smoke-Good
I don't do drugs-Very Good
don't believe in sex before marriage-ehh, I'll introduce you to my minister

"you just have to kiss a lot of toads before finding one."
I would be be suspicious of a guy that wasn't interested in sex before marriage. Something is not working to the norm- 75% chance that he is a: serial killer, closet gay, inferiority complex.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2012, 02:06 AM
 
894 posts, read 467,554 times
Reputation: 223
Tastes vary, but plenty of guys like the look you describe. I'd guess the problem isn't your appearance, it's your vibe.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2012, 02:16 AM
 
Location: Atlantis
3,016 posts, read 3,885,211 times
Reputation: 8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip_dove View Post
I was told that I have pure looking eyes and a pure big smile, "light of the Lord" as a few people called my smile.
Also many people say that I am very pure hearted and I have this "innocences" about me. I am in my upper 30's as well.
I have never been married and I am thinking that this is what turns guys off.
Everyone has told me never change who I am for anyone. Also no, I am not the preachy type either.
I am thin and natural looking too.
But I think that guys don't like the "pure type".
It seems as if the guys who do talk to me (online) only want to hurt me cause of my pureness and good hearted nature.
So I was wondering why do guys hate the pure type?
or are there some men out there who really do want the pure hearted and pure looking type of woman to marry?
The only logic I can think of why a guy would not want to date someone who is pure looking and pure hearted is because the guy is worried about getting laughed at by their friends, but I really do not know. That is why I am here to get a guy's point of view on this topic.
Please be kind with your advice/answers to my question/s.
Thank you.

Narcissism. In it's purest form. . . .

"pure looking eyes"

"pure big smile"

as called by other people with reference to the "Lord" and what could be more narcissistic that having a smile that is like the light of the Lord - the great creator who has endowed you with 'light' in your smile. (vomit accordingly on that)

"pure hearted". . . yeah, whatever as well as "innocences" although I'm not even sure if that is a word. But whatever, you are gifted by the Lord with your smile and innocences so rock on.

NEVER change. You are so awesome that changing would ruin that.

"pureness" , yep - pure as the driven snow. You go girl.

Wow. So, how much time do you spend in the mirror admiring your total "pureness" and innocent-ness handed down by the power of the "Lord" and his enternal "pureness" and innocence. Amazing.

You are just so incredible and beyond being worthy of any mortal man that could ever want to be with you. Hence, being single into your 30s, although that could be because you are an angel. . . heaven sent that cannot mate with a mortal being due to your higher hearted-ness and purity or whatever.

Unbelievable

I'm going to take a wild guess. You also weave silk from your vag*na to make clothes for homeless children in third world countries and you unload bowel movements that are processed into food for the hungry.

And of course. . . no man wants you because you are too "pure"

Last edited by Skydive Outlaw; 06-06-2012 at 02:57 AM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2012, 02:34 AM
 
Location: Up in the air
19,112 posts, read 30,492,901 times
Reputation: 16393
I'll never be the 'pure, girl next door'. I'll always be the beer drinking, tattooed mechanic chick and if some guy doesn't like it, it's not my problem . Everyone has different tastes, some guys are gonna like the innocent gals, some like their women 'a little on the trashy side'
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2012, 02:48 AM
 
Location: SWUS
5,419 posts, read 9,147,448 times
Reputation: 5850
Yes. I especially enjoy corrupting them to my level.

(We really need a smiley with demon horns and an evil grin.)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-06-2012, 03:46 AM
 
1,680 posts, read 1,778,927 times
Reputation: 1342
I like Wholesome or Pure types! I have dated various women depending on the day I can tell you more of what I dislike in a woman than like.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top