Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 03:50 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,298 posts, read 14,103,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip_dove View Post
I was told that I have pure looking eyes and a pure big smile, "light of the Lord" as a few people called my smile.
Also many people say that I am very pure hearted and I have this "innocences" about me. I am in my upper 30's as well.
I have never been married and I am thinking that this is what turns guys off.
Everyone has told me never change who I am for anyone. Also no, I am not the preachy type either.
I am thin and natural looking too.
But I think that guys don't like the "pure type".
It seems as if the guys who do talk to me (online) only want to hurt me cause of my pureness and good hearted nature.
So I was wondering why do guys hate the pure type?
or are there some men out there who really do want the pure hearted and pure looking type of woman to marry?
The only logic I can think of why a guy would not want to date someone who is pure looking and pure hearted is because the guy is worried about getting laughed at by their friends, but I really do not know. That is why I am here to get a guy's point of view on this topic.
Please be kind with your advice/answers to my question/s.
Thank you.
I always liked sweeties and pure type girls, but I found two basic problems in approaching them. One was that they often had a boyfriend, who was usually a bad boy (some kind of sick chemistry involved there). The other was that they would look at me with shock and horror when I suggested something more than just chatting. Somehow they would make me feel like a monster for having impure thoughts about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 09:47 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,695,006 times
NO. They do not like 'wholesome' women, they consistently call us prudes, plain janes, or naive. Of course they will say something different on here.

I just wrote a blog post about their love (and denial) of 'trashy women.'

Old 06-06-2012, 10:22 AM

28,896 posts, read 53,936,484 times
Until the bedroom doors close. Then we want the inhibitions shed as fast as the clothes.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:41 AM

782 posts, read 1,082,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
You've been watching too many Pat Boone movies.
Many guys like the tramp girls. A dirty mind often trumps the wholesome smiles.
Total nonsense. There are plenty of Pat Boone types out there. Often hidden behind an edgy exterior.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:57 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,273,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip_dove View Post
I was told that I have pure looking eyes and a pure big smile, "light of the Lord" as a few people called my smile.
Also many people say that I am very pure hearted and I have this "innocences" about me. I am in my upper 30's as well.
I have never been married and I am thinking that this is what turns guys off.
Everyone has told me never change who I am for anyone. Also no, I am not the preachy type either.
I am thin and natural looking too.
But I think that guys don't like the "pure type".
It seems as if the guys who do talk to me (online) only want to hurt me cause of my pureness and good hearted nature.
So I was wondering why do guys hate the pure type?
or are there some men out there who really do want the pure hearted and pure looking type of woman to marry?
The only logic I can think of why a guy would not want to date someone who is pure looking and pure hearted is because the guy is worried about getting laughed at by their friends, but I really do not know. That is why I am here to get a guy's point of view on this topic.
Please be kind with your advice/answers to my question/s.
Thank you.
Hi OP, some people on here are complete meanies, so you should take the responses lightly

Men in general are like hunters when it comes to dating - they will look for the greatest prize, but also the most vulnerable of them. Men like it easy nowadays, can't you tell?

Being pure, having innocent facial features, living a wholesome life is EASY for a man to spot as being "vulnerable" to him. That is probably why these men want to "corrupt" you and as you put it, hurt you.

However... it's not fair to generalize all men into one lump. I think some men who look for the innocent type, are genuinely nice guys and they want a genuinely nice girl to compliment them.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:58 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,695,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
You've been watching too many Pat Boone movies.
Many guys like the tramp girls. A dirty mind often trumps the wholesome smiles.

Agreed. Wins out every time.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:35 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,530,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Agreed. Wins out every time.
Of course, there are different types of tramps, and guys will generally go for one over the other.

The 'club' girls wearing skin tight, flesh bearing outfits and a metric ton of makeup will usually win out over the 'rock and roll tramp' type girls, which is what I consider myself. The club girls are 'easy' (and not necessarily in the sexual sense, but rather in the pick em up sense) but the rock and roll girls are a little more independent and difficult to get along with

Old 06-06-2012, 04:55 PM

44,250 posts, read 19,906,851 times
FYI, OP hasn't posted in C-D for almost 2 months.

Folks, please don't let this thread turn to gender bashing. Thanks.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:19 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,804,751 times
Some do and some don't. I think it depends on what type of man the OP is dating. If he wants to have a casual relationship, then he would move on but if the man wants a mature relationship he'll like it.

Not sure if I can be classified as wholesome, pure. Things about me:

1) Just like a previous poster I don't smoke nor do drugs
2) However, I do drink a lot (as much as a guy) when invited to a party once in a while and tend to go more towards beers, rum and spirits
3) I don't believe in waiting till marriage but rather ''wait for the right moment and do it with the one you love'' (been a while since I'm not a virgin)
4) I'm kind of bookish and still studying
5) Atheist

Old 06-06-2012, 07:16 PM

102,057 posts, read 106,854,652 times
I messaged with the OP before she left the forum nearly two months ago. What she meant wasn't "pure", exactly. I think that description came from the Christian environment she lives in. She said she looks a lot younger than her age, and has a childlike face, so guys in her age range pass her over thinking she's too young for them.

I think BKSnook hit the nail on the head when he said that the childlike innocent look translates as "vulnerable" to some guys, and they zero in on that. But with a little savvy, those can be weeded out and avoided easily enough.

(So much for the theory that women like bad boys.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships