Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What You Seek in a Partner
Emotional 9 37.50%
Intimacy 13 54.17%
Physically - Looks 7 29.17%
Physically - Sexual 9 37.50%
Emotionally 8 33.33%
Spiritually 6 25.00%
Communication 15 62.50%
Listening skills 11 45.83%
Security - Financialy 11 45.83%
Security - Other 7 29.17%
Loyalty 14 58.33%
Honesty 14 58.33%
Humorous 15 62.50%
Respectful 15 62.50%
Intelectual 11 45.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 10:51 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,313,107 times

Advertisements

dewdrop how many men did you share yourself with if you don't mind me asking?

Old 04-13-2012, 10:51 PM

688 posts, read 894,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdrop93 View Post
i think both sexes need to stop trying to figure out how to mold themselves into the perfect specimen of what they opposite sex is looking for. It makes no sense to me. After awhile - do you even know who you really are anymore? It's about finding someone you are compatible with - not creating a whole new you just to please other people.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+50.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:53 PM

845 posts, read 1,343,265 times
I don't defend many on this forum, but I'll have to say Dewdrop and Braunwyn are correct. Hopefully this post will go in before the thread gets locked.

Then again, I think Expect is just crazy or "expecting" something to give here. I lived in two different areas for a while now. I've been carefully watching what women want in both. The place listed above in my profile has a lot of welfare junkies; women who have kids, the father leaves, and work less than part time but is able to support themselves, their kids and afford a nice place. They also tend to bounce around a lot.

The place I live in now is a lot more "civilized", or the economy is now starting to bounce back. Most of the women here have their own jobs, a place to stay and can afford their expenses. In short; they don't need men, but will get one for some "support".

This new "sharing" term is new, but I think your confusing this word for another one called "friends" or simply "hanging-out". There is absolutely no reason to start an argument, bash women because your had a recent breakup.

All guys want to know what women want, well most anyways. Will we ever get the right answer? Not any time soon, but that's the part about a relationship, isn't it? To figure that SO out?

Old 04-13-2012, 10:58 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,078,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
dewdrop how many men did you share yourself with if you don't mind me asking?
Actually, I do mind!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
All guys want to know what women want, well most anyways. Will we ever get the right answer? Not any time soon, but that's the part about a relationship, isn't it? To figure that SO out?
You are so right!!! I remember when I was with my first boyfriend - and we knew each other so well (or so I thought at 18 years of age!). Thinking of having to get to know someone that well all over again terrified me! But the thing is - that's part of the fun of falling in love. Getting to know someone - getting to see if you are compatible - learning all about them.

And like I said before - it really is pointless to try to figure out what anyone is looking for - because often times what they are looking for isn't all that they thought it would be. I've been in love 3 times - and I'd say the second guy was closest to what I thought my ideal was. Turns out, my husband makes me happier than I ever thought possible - and to look at him on paper, I probably would't have given him a second glance.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:59 PM

nobody is bashing women dude. i said women have become empowered and control their bodies. THEY are sharing themselves. they arent objects being shared against their will.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:03 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,122,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
You are good at riddles and I like your trolling style. For a woman I think you are pretty good, unfortunately I am not an emotional person so you cant upset me lol...but props a weaker man would be pissed at the way you post. Rep point
Well, I'm sure a ban is coming my way soon enough.

Quote:
braun that wasnt an offer don't flatter yourself. im not into old women
Is English your first language? What I said was about you being a young person who should be out and about with other young people. And give me a break with the old woman crap. I have no doubt I could run circles around the lot of you. Look. I know your generation well enough. I have little doubt you have a fat belly, a fat ass, as you sit on it in front of your screens all day every day. Your options only include other fat asses, regardless of age. So, get your head out of the gutter.

Quote:
im glad people here have realized that women are indeed sharing themselves. men will go out of their ways to keep a woman but to no avail. once a woman makes her decision she will share what you once thought was exclusively yours. at least dewdrop admitted to sharing herself when she was younger.
Women no doubt go out of their way to get the hell away from you.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:06 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,529,775 times
Quote:
nobody is bashing women dude. i said women have become empowered and control their bodies. THEY are sharing themselves. they arent objects being shared against their will.
Apparently I think its the "sharing" term that is bothering them. I guess to them it objectifies women as objects, but you are right. A women can sleep with and hang out with who ever they want and THEY DO. And everyone can call it what they want. This why men should not try to figure out women, JUST BE Yourself. I think the problem is weaker men trying the be the guy who gets all the women. Just do you and relax...stop asking what women want.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:07 PM

braun why the anger? is your husband not satisfying your needs? im home because i have a job (does your husband let you have a job?)
funny you mention sitting on asses all day.. you joined a year later than i did and have 10x the number of posts

you seem generally unhappy i doubt your marriage is happy. if it were you wouldn't be so riled up right now.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Apparently I think its the "sharing" term that is bothering them. I guess to them it objectifies women as objects, but you are right. A women can sleep with and hang out with who ever they want and THEY DO. And everyone can call it what they want. This why men should not try to figure out women, JUST BE Yourself. I think the problem is weaker men trying the be the guy who gets all the women. Just do you and relax...stop asking what women want.
they need to learn to read then... because i didnt say "men are sharing women" i clearly said 'women are sharing themselves".

dewdrop had a problem with it initially til she realized she was sharing herself years ago too. she seems reserved/controlled enough so i would guess the number of men she shared herself with was less than 5.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:09 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,529,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Well, I'm sure a ban is coming my way soon enough.

Is English your first language? What I said was about you being a young person who should be out and about with other young people. And give me a break with the old woman crap. I have no doubt I could run circles around the lot of you. Look. I know your generation well enough. I have little doubt you have a fat belly, a fat ass, as you sit on it in front of your screens all day every day. Your options only include other fat asses, regardless of age. So, get your head out of the gutter.

Women no doubt go out of their way to get the hell away from you.
Banning?? I dont think you should be banned for your insults. I actually like your post because of the bravery you project from behind your keyboard. Again I LIKE THE MEAN things you say here Braunwyn. I am giving you props for being good at what you do here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships