Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What You Seek in a Partner
Emotional 9 37.50%
Intimacy 13 54.17%
Physically - Looks 7 29.17%
Physically - Sexual 9 37.50%
Emotionally 8 33.33%
Spiritually 6 25.00%
Communication 15 62.50%
Listening skills 11 45.83%
Security - Financialy 11 45.83%
Security - Other 7 29.17%
Loyalty 14 58.33%
Honesty 14 58.33%
Humorous 15 62.50%
Respectful 15 62.50%
Intelectual 11 45.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 09:02 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,433 times

Advertisements

braunwyn do you think sex is "dirty" and do you feel guilty afterwards... these are what people your age usually felt. even Ronald Reagan felt this way, i heard he even cried after sex because he felt so guilty about it. lol

its 2012. you were my age in 1957. back when girls made you wait 2 full months before you got to tongue kiss them. add an additional 5 months before you got to see them in their underwear. hahaha

Old 04-13-2012, 09:03 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,598,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_Romance View Post
What is or are the most important factors that they seek in a partner?
Is it

Seeking a depth of
Emotional
Intimacy
Physically - be it phsical and or sexual
Emotionally
Spiritually
Communication
Listening skills
Security - does have to be financial
Loyalty
Honesty
Humorous
Respectful
Intelectual

I would also like to know

Does physical looks matter? Yes, and if someone tells you other wise they're kidding themselves.
Does it matter if they have a job or not, or what kind of job they do? You need a job that allows you to support yourself at least. Doesn't matter what the job is as long as it's not against the law
Does education matter? At least HS is a must.
Does age matter? I'd say no more that a 5 year differance.
Does it matter if he is or is not religulous or even a different kind? Not to me.
Does it matter if he has kids, has no kids, wants kids or does not want kids? Yes this is very important, and should be discussed before moving into a more committed relationship.
Does it matter if he was in jail or in a asylum? Both are deal breakers for me!!!!!

I would love to hear your views and opinions on this topic.

Cheers
My comments are in red

Old 04-13-2012, 09:04 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I just think it's a shame when people give up on something that could be incredible because they are afraid or bitter.
It's quite a dig, actually. Ok, so you've got the last word.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
I think there are some generational differences in these forums. The older women are not really aware of todays women habits and what IN...Loyalty to one man is kinda oldschool so the things you are saying are not going to register with them. I was having this same convo with my mom last thanksgiving. I was with a girl who had a boyfriend and we ran into my mom at the flea market....I didnt want to introduce the woman to my mom, but my mom saw her so I was trying to make it short...my mom later asked if that was my girlfriend. She didnt understand why a women who had a boyfriend was hanging with me. Its a new school thing.
dewdrop, sweetlilly... read this please

here we have a modern man, who is aware of how the modern woman works.
he even gives you an example of a woman who was sharing herself with him and her boyfriend. nobody is passing judgment here. he isn't judging the woman he was sharing and neither am i. its just how certain things work for women of a certain age.

she wasnt satisfied with her boyfriend so she found Flyimetro and gave herself to him because he satisfied something her cuckold boyfriend didn't. simple as pie.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:05 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
lol what's wrong with being single? i get tired of being around people and i isolate myself at times to get away from their bulls***. i couldnt imagine being tied down to ONE woman right now at my age, unless of course that woman was Kate Upton, and then i would fertilize her eggs every chance i got.

but yea dewdrop there's nothing wrong with being single / sharing women. some people like variety. other people like routine and predictability. stop passing down life lessons from your cloud of judgment.
Judgement? Dude - when I was younger, I dated more than one guy at a time. I think you are confusing what people do when they are having fun with what people do when they are looking for love.

Quit trying to stir the pot. You obviously know that not all women do what you are talking about - and certainly not when they are actually looking to settle down. But you can keep trying to get everyone riled up if you would like. But it's making you sound more like a teenager with too much time on his hands and less like someone that has any actual experience with women. Just saying...

Old 04-13-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Judgement? Dude - when I was younger, I dated more than one guy at a time.

LOL is this not what i've been saying all along? you were sharing yourself with more than 1 guy at a time. sharing doesnt necessarily mean sex. you were also sharing yourself as you admitted above.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:07 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Thanks for your concern, especially from 3 time zones away.
Would you like some concern from the same time zone (at least for now)?

Btw, evidently I got confused after your long absence and I thought you were married. I was thinking of professorsenator for some reason; he also disappeared. I recall asking you not long ago whether you got divorced (judging by your tone lately), but you neither confirmed it nor denied it. Anyway, sorry for posting wrong info.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
It's quite a dig, actually. Ok, so you've got the last word.
I'm not trying to get the last word and I'm not trying to insult you. Go back and read your posts about women. Perhaps you don't realize that you sound very bitter - but I think it comes across pretty clearly. Happy people don't put down the choices of others. I'm not putting down your choice to be single - I'm simply saying that maybe it isn't the best choice for you because it doesn't seem to be making you happy. You put down women, feminists, hippies, and too many other people to name. Happy people don't usually go out of their way to do stuff like that.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:09 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
how old are you, like 70? lol i bet you still think women these days wait til marriage to have sex, or make the man wait months before sex.

you're either really old or live in some unknown town in wyoming... and let me tell you about modern women in their 20's.. they know what they want and will stop at nothing to get it. women have been "empowered" and the term i use is "sharing themselves" which means they make the decision to be shared.

dating is almost synonymous with having sex to women in their 20's which is what i know. i dont know about teenagers or women in their 30's. i do women in their 20's. women are sharing themselves with men, face the facts. its not 1920 anymore.
I agree...you have younger men discussing dating with older women...Older women seem to have no clue what the 18-35 year old women are into nowadays. I dont understand the disconnect, but yea. Ive shared a few wives and girlfriends and I good friends with women that have cheated on their lame mates. There is nothing wrong with woman sleeping with many men to get what she wants from all the men she deals with. Its just how things are now.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:12 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlilac View Post
and they do know what they want from men and they are getting it.
I doubt that....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships