Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 04:37 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainRouge77 View Post
Lately, I have been talking to this girl at work I am interested in. She has confided a lot in me and we've been making some good conversation. It's clear that a connections been made and there is attraction.

Well, I wanted to make the first move but missed the mark several times. For the past week it's been awkward between us because I haven't been man enough to just be open.

As of late she's had some real serious issues with her family (still lives at home at 23), and she called me really distraught, we chatted for a couple hours and then she disappeared for like two days.

So last night when I saw her again I told her: "I like what you said about wanting all your relationships to be reciprocal or else it's not worth it, I really took that to heart. The last time you called me, you sounded really distraught about some issues your working out with your family, we talked for hours. Well after that call you kind of disappeared and I didn't hear from you for a while. All I am saying is that you can't have me care for you like that and then not hear from you for while."

She said, "well I don't want to burden people with my crap".

I said, "That's what I am trying to stress out to you though, is that it's not a burden, you're not a burden."

That was the meat of the convo, but for the most part, was that a subtle enough hint to her that I am interested in taking this further? Was it a good opener to opening the lines of communication between us further? The next time I will be more upfront and out with it, but was this a good opener to that?

I know everyone else disagrees, but I would think you did the right thing. You are conveying that you care for her more than just a friend and you aren't hitting her with a hammer over the head, either. I guess everyone goes at a different pace, but for me, it seems that you are letting her know with class and elegance that you do care about her and that she can count on you and can make a move if she likes. A woman who hears a man say these things that you did, automatically knows that a man is interested in her. Not all men will tell a woman they like, everything they feel automatically. It's a process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 02:30 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,015,433 times
From a woman's perspective: I think you said what you aimed to say (you care about her) and she received this message. One thing to note though: she may ALWAYS have family issues so please DO NOT WAIT that much longer. I like that there seems to be chemistry and I like that you respect her enough to not want to "load" more on her...BUT, if she has mentioned wanting to jump your bones, that may be the stress relieving thing she needs right now. Don't waste time in getting at least a little physical with her...

Thoughts of you in the sack is much nicer than thinking about family issues...give her something good to think about!! Go, now...

Old 04-16-2012, 02:58 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainRouge77 View Post
Anyone else have any thoughts?
My thoughts are as follows... I don't date anyone at work, except the boss. That way, if it doesn't work out, at least I can sue my employer for sexual harassment. Also, if I'm seeing someone at work, I may get tired of seeing them so often. I mean, it's bad enough that I see her in the streets, but then, I have to deal with her at work too. But, that's just me - you have to do what feels right for yourself. Good luck!

Old 04-17-2012, 04:30 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,267,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
None of what you listed above confirms she has any physical attraction to you, and without that, you have nothing.

Just don't be too into it. Sounds like you're already starting a relationship with her in your head. The friends first route is not the best route.

It's also not a good idea to go for coworkers. But if you feel like you need to, then go for it.
Amen!

This screams friend list! You need to stop beating around the bush and tell her how you feel!

Old 04-17-2012, 05:27 PM

348 posts, read 549,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Either the attraction is there or it is not for her. Endearing yourself closer and closer to her isn't necessarily harming your chances for her, but it's not doing anything to sway her attraction.

IMO, that's not the way to go about things. Get her out to lunch and be ballsy and make a move on her in the car or parking lot. I'm serious. If a girl likes you, she will make out with you in the middle of nowhere in public. If she doesn't, it doesn't matter if she knows your life story and you guys are close like siblings. She will reject you.

This has been my experience at least.
I agree with everything you've said so far.

The only thing I'd amend is...I wouldn't take her out to lunch, I'd invite her out for a drink at a bar she'd like. Going off work-campus makes it a social event.

But everything else rings true. Friends first = bad. Relationship in head = bad. Playful signals = Don't mean ****.

Dropping subtle hints is what women do to get men to ask them out. Men just ask women out.

Telling a woman that you don't mind being their shoulder to cry on is generally a great way to be friendzoned. Telling a woman you don't mind, what are you doing later we should meet up at [name of cool bar], shows that you are interested in more than being a friend.

It's really that simple.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:45 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,162,600 times
Tell her you have a surprise in your front pocket
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships