Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 01:31 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,133,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
I would say that you shouldn't f with these sites, they're a one way street.

You can get play on them but indicated that you were looking for a relationship (I don't know why at your age player), and POF is a place where you can find an occasional romp. The chicks you find on these sites aren't worth it anyway, they're usually overweight or they have a little bastard.

I'd delete it and focus on bagging chicks offline, there's a higher ROI. Online dating is too much of a passive system where the ratio's aren't in your favor to begin with.

One small criticism, you see that pic of you and your friend Adrianne? Whether it's on facebook or any site like this, you never want to take pics of chicks with good looks and list them as your "friend" because it sends a subtle message that you can only seal the deal as far as the friend zone. Just keep the caption simple "vegas 20xx", that gets her inquisitive.

I wish guys wrote this kind of stuff in their profiles (if they are like this)... then you would know the truth in the beginning
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 01:33 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,133,683 times
Those people who like dares and competition may get inquisitive. But that's a guy quality. I think that girls would likely not want to get involved rather then try to "beat" and "win",

so no pictures with females is a great idea

Old 04-16-2012, 01:37 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
I think you should take the picture down of you with your female friend.

Also "caucasian capricorn with brown hair" is kinda corny. Ethnicity asks what your ancestry is like Irish, German, French - not your zodiac sign or hair color.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:48 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,783,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Too stereotypical.

First off, the first picture that comes up has a popped up collar and a sideways Peace sign. That, to me, induces a facepalm. Taken that this is a crop of a latter picture just makes it even worse. Especially since that photo has an extremely attractive female in it.

Second picture is the stereotypical "Look at me taking a serious picture of myself in a bathroom mirror with my awesome smartphone" with a side of "look at the ridiculously huge windshield sunglasses that I'm wearing indoors" and the "my hair is so spiky I could spear a fish" for dessert. It's a triforce of laughter.

Now, pictures aside, I read the About Me.

No offense, but if you're looking to attract and/or impress, you'll need to relearn basic English grammar... or at least use it proficiently.

Contractions require the use of an apostrophe. Sentences end with punctuation. Commas should be used to combine ideas that don't stand alone on their own, but you don't want to overuse them. The Orlando Magic, while made up of players, is a singular noun.

Plain and simple, your profile is laughable and would only attract the stereotypical "woo-girl". And you're better off finding those in a bar. Just listen for the loud "WOOOOO!"
POF is blocked from my work computer so I can't see the profile but judging from the reactions on this thread and the above post, I must say the profile probably needs work. The above post had me reeling with laughter though..

Old 04-16-2012, 01:49 PM

461 posts, read 922,384 times
Quote:
Too stereotypical.

First off, the first picture that comes up has a popped up collar and a sideways Peace sign. That, to me, induces a facepalm. Taken that this is a crop of a latter picture just makes it even worse. Especially since that photo has an extremely attractive female in it.

Second picture is the stereotypical "Look at me taking a serious picture of myself in a bathroom mirror with my awesome smartphone" with a side of "look at the ridiculously huge windshield sunglasses that I'm wearing indoors" and the "my hair is so spiky I could spear a fish" for dessert. It's a triforce of laughter.

Now, pictures aside, I read the About Me.

No offense, but if you're looking to attract and/or impress, you'll need to relearn basic English grammar... or at least use it proficiently.

Contractions require the use of an apostrophe. Sentences end with punctuation. Commas should be used to combine ideas that don't stand alone on their own, but you don't want to overuse them. The Orlando Magic, while made up of players, is a singular noun.

Plain and simple, your profile is laughable and would only attract the stereotypical "woo-girl". And you're better off finding those in a bar. Just listen for the loud "WOOOOO!"
This is a harsher version of what I thought as soon as I opened the profile, though I'm a guy, so my opinion is probably not as helpful.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:27 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,621,688 times
Quote:
Too stereotypical.

First off, the first picture that comes up has a popped up collar and a sideways Peace sign. That, to me, induces a facepalm.
it says, "I am a hard core thug."

which is TOTALLY believable, based on the rest of the profile.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:34 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
it says, "I am a hard core thug."

which is TOTALLY believable, based on the rest of the profile.
At lease he didn't have duck face.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:50 PM

52,198 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
yeah it is, if your still reading from a gutenberg bible.
LOL,

Well, you don't have to be a "bible thumper" to make the observation that I did.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:27 PM

1,738 posts, read 767,738 times
Okay..another girl opinion...First off you are cutie. You have such a baby face, of course that maybe because you are only 22..I don't see why you would have to try dating online. You are so young, seems like you could find someone in person rather than online. Are you in school? If you are in college you could look there or if you work maybe there are people there unless you only work with guys.

As for the pictures...yes, I agree with the others that said remove the one of you and your friend. A girl does not want to see a picture of a guy (that she could potentially date) with another girl. Pictures with another friend or group of friends that are guys..that is fine. But not pictures of other girls. Unless it is obvious that it is like your Mom or Grandma.

As for your profile, maybe you could put what you are looking for. Like what type of relationship. I know it says dating but girl might want to know that you are not looking for another "notch" but if that is what you are looking for then keep it that way. You might want to put what you like to do for fun.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:32 PM

106 posts, read 171,784 times
I was expecting some overweight bald ugly man. But you're actually a good looking guy lol (I'm a guy and I'm not gay. Just confident enough with my masculinity and sexuality to be able to admit when another male looks good). That site must be absolutely brutal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships