Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2014, 06:20 AM

87 posts, read 107,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
So what's your point? That most men are shallow? That's news! Considering how much cheating and divorce goes on between couples of the same age or where the man is the older one I would take my chances. Even if it was only for a few years of happiness the outcome would likely be the same...most women end up alone anyway. If it's not divorce or break-up men just tend to die before women anyway. Nothing last forever but at least most younger men don't need that blue pill to get it up.

I'm sorry, but this is terrible advice for women in their mid-20s. The fact is that if a man is in his mid-30's and still single, he is the noncommittal sort. Her being younger will not change that fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 06:57 AM

540 posts, read 451,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torontolady View Post
I'm sorry, but this is terrible advice for women in their mid-20s. The fact is that if a man is in his mid-30's and still single, he is the noncommittal sort. Her being younger will not change that fact.
Wouldnt that mean single women in their mid 30's are noncommittal too? Which means people who are single in their mid 30's are noncomittal.

Old 05-19-2014, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yshudicare View Post
Wouldnt that mean single women in their mid 30's are noncommittal too? Which means people who are single in their mid 30's are noncomittal.

Yes this goes for women as well. Although I think in the case of women they're probably a little more desperate and willing to commit than men at this age. Some women just take a little longer to "get it", whereas more men than women never do.

Old 05-19-2014, 08:16 AM

2,601 posts, read 3,377,551 times
Quote:
That's total nonsense. He could have played the field and be ready to settle down. He could have also been in a long term relationship as well during that time. Some horrible advice given by many(mostly female) posters on this section of the city data forums. Really amazed actually.

Old 05-19-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yshudicare View Post
Which means people who are single in their mid 30's are noncomittal.
Torontolady has no clue what she's talking about. Probably had a bad experience and is projecting that bad experience onto all people in that age bracket that are single. It's almost like a racist type mentality, except in this case it's ageist. I had a bad experience with one guy in his 30's so their all bad....sort of like that.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
Torontolady has no clue what she's talking about. Probably had a bad experience and is projecting that bad experience onto all people in that age bracket that are single. It's almost like a racist type mentality, except in this case it's ageist. I had a bad experience with one guy in his 30's so their all bad....sort of like that.

Um... no. I'm speaking from observation here. I am 28, my boyfriend is the same age. I wouldn't date a guy more than 3 years older than myself when I was younger and single so no bad experiences to speak of. The fact is that those people who are serious about relationships tend to prioritize them early (in their 20s) and are "off the market" by about 28 for women and usually no later than 32 for men. I DO know people who are in their mid-30's and single, and it's usually because they spent their 20's sleeping around and don't know how to have a long-term relationship.

The few exceptions I know of (women) got out of long-term relationships in their 30's (that they got into when they were too young) and unfortunately took too long to 'get it' and break up with the guy they were going nowhere with... hence now single in their 30's.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
That's total nonsense. He could have played the field and be ready to settle down. He could have also been in a long term relationship as well during that time. Some horrible advice given by many(mostly female) posters on this section of the city data forums. Really amazed actually.

So you haven't actually disputed what I have said at all here lol. He is single because he spent a whole decade or more "playing the field." This is not conducive to a person who is going to be good long-term relationship material. They have no experience with them, they're not going to understand how they work, how to compromise, how to communicate effectively, how to be monogamous, etc. No practise.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Um... no. I'm speaking from observation here. I am 28, my boyfriend is the same age. I wouldn't date a guy more than 3 years older than myself when I was younger and single so no bad experiences to speak of.
Oh a checklist dater....so you wouldn't date johnny Depp if he was 4 years older than you? Because that's what love is all about 3.5 years....sorry. Great connection, but we can't date. LOL What a joke. I've met women like you before. I try to stay as far away as possible. Even if I'm in that catergory you want.

I prefer a younger woman as do all men, but I would never shut down someone just because of an age difference. It's not all about marriage for me either so I'd definitely date someone older.

Just like expecting a certain educational level or income level or class level. That's someone who doesn't know what love is.

Last edited by mikelizard860; 05-19-2014 at 09:27 AM..

Old 05-19-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
So you haven't actually disputed what I have said at all here lol. He is single because he spent a whole decade or more "playing the field." This is not conducive to a person who is going to be good long-term relationship material. They have no experience with them, they're not going to understand how they work, how to compromise, how to communicate effectively, how to be monogamous, etc. No practise.
More nonsense. Big difference between a man and a woman. A man has a drive to sleep with everything in sight that is hot. You have no clue about that and don't seem to understand that. He's getting it out of the way and then is ready to settle down in the next stage of his life.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:23 AM

What's even more absurd about your 3 year rule is that women age horribly. So you have this ridiculous expectation. I like a relationship with "chemistry".(let me use women language) Once a women hits around 40, it's gone for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships