Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 07:10 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
The evidence is overwhelming that most people are not that smart about it. Condoms are not 100% effective. If you have a lot of sex partners, you can pretty much expect to get at least one STD even if you use condoms religiously and correctly. Ask me how I know
And yet I know many who have "slept around" and have no STDs.

Imagine that.

Promiscuous=/=bad.

Promiscuous=/=immoral.

I'd rather have a sex partner with experience than a virgin with none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 07:15 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
The evidence is overwhelming that most people are not that smart about it. Condoms are not 100% effective. If you have a lot of sex partners, you can pretty much expect to get at least one STD even if you use condoms religiously and correctly. Ask me how I know
Condoms only cover part of the genitalia. It's no surprise to get STD's when you're using one. That's why it pays to get to know someone really well before diving in.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:17 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Whoever the coward is who anonymously insulted me via a rep on this post, I'm calling you out. Debate in the light of day.
It was me. I accidentally clicked 'enter' and it submitted the comment before I was done...Anyways I wanted to say: "Gross that you don't see anything wrong with saying you've exchanged bodily fluids with hundreds of people"

and then bragging that you've never even had a cold on top of it. I seriously, wasn't trying to insult you, but that line of rationale doesn't make any sense to me.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:18 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
you just threw the baby out with the bath water. my understanding of 'virtuous' does not mean they 'fundamentally hate sex' it means they are discriminate about whom they have sex with. AKA they place some kind of meaningful value on a sexual relationship.
But my point is that many men want a woman who is slutty, but only with them, and only under certain circumstances. Few such women exist. Slutty women are slutty all the time, not just from time to time.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:18 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
lying and cheating go together. like ham and eggs.
on the other hand, the moral are often miserable people and make everybody else miserable, but i can work with that.
i cant work with a liar.
I can't work with either.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:19 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
I see no value in monogamy, nor does my spouse. Between us we've bedded many hundreds of others, and have never even so much as caught a cold.
Just because you enjoy playing Russian Roulette doesn't mean it's a smart or advisable thing to do. You've either been lucky, or the lab tests haven't picked up on the chlamydia or other harder-to-detect diseases one of you has picked up.

Some people, in contrast, have one one-night stand in their entire life, and get nailed with herpes, or something. Life's a crap shoot.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
I seriously, wasn't trying to insult you, but that line of rationale doesn't make any sense to me.
Fine, I applaud you for admitting it, but just because something isn't for you doesn't make it "gross". It doesn't make sense to me that anyone would eat brussels sprouts, but to each their own.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
But my point is that many men want a woman who is slutty, but only with them, and only under certain circumstances. Few such women exist. Slutty women are slutty all the time, not just from time to time.

OK, yes I agree with you. I don't like to use the term 'sl*t' personally only because it is almost always a degrading term aimed only at women, but I get your point nonetheless. I always been told by other women they want a 'freak in the sheets and a lady in the streets.' Problem is they rarely give the lady in the streets a chance in the first place.

(again, I was not trying to insult you in that other post/rep, just want to understand why you personally do not feel any qualms about telling folks you've slept with hundreds, because I would not want to tell people something like that).

Old 04-16-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
OK, yes I agree with you. I don't like to use the term 'sl*t' personally only because it is almost always a degrading term aimed only at women, but I get your point nonetheless.
Sadly, frequently the term is used in a degrading manner, personally I consider it a compliment. I love sluts!

Quote:
(again, I was not trying to insult you in that other post/rep, just want to understand why you personally do not feel any qualms about telling folks you've slept with hundreds, because I would not want to tell people something like that).
We're good, you 'fessed up and apologized, and I felt it was sincere. Water under the bridge.

Regards why I don't feel any qualms about telling people that, it's because I'm not ashamed of it, if anything, quite the opposite. We're very happy, we have many wonderful friends, and a fun filled, exciting life. (Albeit tiring, cause we are busy every weekend lol.)

Am I endorsing this lifestyle for everyone? No. Most people aren't ready for it. Those who are mostly already know it. Those on the fence usually ask for advice.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Sadly, frequently the term is used in a degrading manner, personally I consider it a compliment. I love sluts!

We're good, you 'fessed up and apologized, and I felt it was sincere. Water under the bridge.

Regards why I don't feel any qualms about telling people that, it's because I'm not ashamed of it, if anything, quite the opposite. We're very happy, we have many wonderful friends, and a fun filled, exciting life. (Albeit tiring, cause we are busy every weekend lol.)

Am I endorsing this lifestyle for everyone? No. Most people aren't ready for it. Those who are mostly already know it. Those on the fence usually ask for advice.

Are you talking about 'swinging' when you say 'this lifestyle?' If so, so you tell people you and your husband are swingers??

I don't consider 'sl*t' a compliment by any stretch of the imagination, but I'll leave it at that and agree to disagree.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships