Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2012, 06:28 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times

Advertisements

I've noticed that my more 'plain' looking girlfriends get hit on far more often than the beautiful ones, and the beautiful ones have fantastic personalities. Perhaps some guys feel like they have more of a chance with the plainer ones? I have no idea, really.

I get a lot of cat calls, a lot of looks (stares, really) and I had a girlfriend tell me recently that she hates walking into bars/restaurants with me because she gets ignored. I don't think it's because I'm attractive though, I think it's because I'm really tall with enormous breasts. So, I'm basically a weirdo that gets looks, I rarely actually have a man sit down and talk to me. I'm not sure if it's intimidation or if they think of me as a caricature? Who knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 06:41 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,425,820 times
If men are giving you cat calls they probably think you are attractive. men don't really do that if they don't find you attractive at all.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:58 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
If men are giving you cat calls they probably think you are attractive. men don't really do that if they don't find you attractive at all.
True. They are impressed with the way you look, but they're too immature to act on their attraction in a classy manner. So JJ, you are lucky and unlucky at the same time.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:59 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_atw View Post
I'm far more intimidated by strong women than pretty women. But I have a thing for strong women.
He-he, what happens if they're strong AND pretty...?

Old 04-17-2012, 08:34 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've noticed that my more 'plain' looking girlfriends get hit on far more often than the beautiful ones, and the beautiful ones have fantastic personalities. Perhaps some guys feel like they have more of a chance with the plainer ones? I have no idea, really.

I get a lot of cat calls, a lot of looks (stares, really) and I had a girlfriend tell me recently that she hates walking into bars/restaurants with me because she gets ignored. I don't think it's because I'm attractive though, I think it's because I'm really tall with enormous breasts. So, I'm basically a weirdo that gets looks, I rarely actually have a man sit down and talk to me. I'm not sure if it's intimidation or if they think of me as a caricature? Who knows.
You realize, of course, that this post is useless without a photo of you.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:45 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,780,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
The key is to treat pretty woman like they are nothing special. Like an old dame from the 1970's or something. Many of these woman have confidence issues and if you are a tough customer they will usually soften up their act and they will act more humble.

Next time you see a hottie and she catches you lookin, do not timidly look away like you have been busted. Look at her like her like she is nothing special.
So your advice is to treat a woman with confidence issues like she's dirt? Not the best advice I've heard...

Old 04-17-2012, 09:11 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
You realize, of course, that this post is useless without a photo of you.
I have posted a photo here before.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:56 PM

479 posts, read 835,419 times
There's a perception shared by a lot of men; that pretty women are prone to more highly irrational behavior. Because they're almost never challenged on it.

I have no personal opinion either way, just something I've often heard.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:50 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Life in general I'm lucky fear isn't usually in my vocabulary, except sometimes I will admit I can go abit weak around 9-10 out of 10 women.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:05 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,670,302 times
Not intimidated, no.

They just tend to be high maintenance. They pretty much get whatever they want so they don't really have time to waste on those of us guys who won't indulge them for very long. As soon as you show her that you have a life outside of hers, she'll be on to the next one.

I've always had the urge to tell them that while they're pretty now...10 years from now they'll look more like their moms. But, I think that's too mean...besides, they can enjoy their looks...who am I to spoil it for them?

A chilled out, attractive, smart, funny girl with an outgoing personality just doesn't exist around these parts.

So you choose between personality and looks...and both suck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships