Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 03:12 AM

3,494 posts, read 4,645,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
You think so? Women are not known for taking the initiative. So if there are men who are just sitting there with their hands on their lap expecting a woman to approach them, ask them out, and take care of them…good luck.
its possible..lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 10:51 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,378,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Not intimidated, no.

They just tend to be high maintenance. They pretty much get whatever they want so they don't really have time to waste on those of us guys who won't indulge them for very long. As soon as you show her that you have a life outside of hers, she'll be on to the next one.

I've always had the urge to tell them that while they're pretty now...10 years from now they'll look more like their moms. But, I think that's too mean...besides, they can enjoy their looks...who am I to spoil it for them?

A chilled out, attractive, smart, funny girl with an outgoing personality just doesn't exist around these parts.

So you choose between personality and looks...and both suck.
LOL! well, good thing my mom is STILL rocking her looks at 62 years old. I have a lot of hope. I'm not worried about being gross looking in just 10 years.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:37 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,465,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
He-he, what happens if they're strong AND pretty...?
Jackpot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-18-2012, 12:44 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,827,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Jackpot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not necessarily... If the "opposition" (which is often the case) is the same, it's more of a constant battle of wills.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:53 PM

25,385 posts, read 21,595,925 times
I think it has to do with the vibes that these "pretty" women put off that keeps the guys at bay. Also many scream "high maintenance". And, some are not as pretty as they think and if they are, remember the song "Lemon Tree oh so pretty.......but the fruit of the lemon is impossible to eat." I used hear that applied in the olden days when the "pretty" one didn't work out.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:20 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,200,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Also many scream "high maintenance".
Yes, the higher the numerical scale, the higher the maintenance. More often than not.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:21 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,694,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
It's a line unattached women hear from their friends often when they wonder why they seem to be perpetually single. "Men are just intimidated because you're so beautiful/smart/successful/etc."

Is it true that men are afraid to approach a woman they find extremely attractive, or is it just a line used to make these women feel better?
I honestly don't think it is a case of being intimidated by them. Men being the realistic and practical creatures they are, decide:

1. They're not in the mood for a woman they assume would be high maintenance

2. They assume that should they ever want to date a woman that is a lot of work for them, there are always tons of pretty girls around, they'll catch the next one available.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:27 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,200,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
I honestly don't think it is a case of being intimidated by them. Men being the realistic and practical creatures they are, decide:

1. They're not in the mood for a woman they assume would be high maintenance

2. They assume that should they ever want to date a woman that is a lot of work for them, there are always tons of pretty girls around, they'll catch the next one available.
The more realistic and practical a man is, the more women hate them.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:31 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,827,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
That's a pretty funny argument. If it were true (tons of handsome guys, in my case), I'd be jumping up and down with joy! I really wish I knew in which alternative universe it's true!

Old 04-18-2012, 02:17 PM

153 posts, read 236,764 times
It depends on the man....... some men are accommodating to attractive women but once the pretty women gives them attention back they stammer.... seen that with my own eyes too......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships