Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 02:41 PM

3,565 posts, read 8,008,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
It's a line unattached women hear from their friends often when they wonder why they seem to be perpetually single. "Men are just intimidated because you're so beautiful/smart/successful/etc."

Is it true that men are afraid to approach a woman they find extremely attractive, or is it just a line used to make these women feel better?
I am! I get stage fright like a nervous 15 yr old boy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 03:26 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,743,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
The more realistic and practical a man is, the more women hate them.
Well that's because realistic, practical men usually have no qualms about dating around and being a player if they're able to. The women who appreciate these men, are rejected by them. For this guy dating and conquests equal sport.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:31 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,521,201 times
Pretty women walking down the street.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:33 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,372,418 times
Quote:
It's a line unattached women hear from their friends often when they wonder why they seem to be perpetually single. "Men are just intimidated because you're so beautiful/smart/successful/etc."

Is it true that men are afraid to approach a woman they find extremely attractive, or is it just a line used to make these women feel better?
Both. Sometimes, it is used as a cop out.

But confident men do not have a problem approaching pretty women.

Old 04-18-2012, 04:19 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,521,201 times
Women also label confident men as players if they flirt with a few women.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:49 PM

114 posts, read 214,788 times
Oh yeah I get all kinds of intimidated. The way I get myself to be confident is to convence myself that she doesn't want anything to do with me, so then I don't care what she thinks of me and I can be comfortable, because If I think she wouldn't want to be with me than theres no reason to feel like I have to impress her, thus nothing to be shy about.

I end up making good conversation the only problem is, I end up coming off like I don't care all that much to have anything to do with her, when I potentially could care I'm just too shy to make the move.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:08 AM

1,591 posts, read 3,435,230 times
Not intimidated man, but they get my blood flowing, it is harder to be 'cool' that's for sure.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:17 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,871,835 times
Yes. Most men are intimidated by such women but there are still plenty who have the money and looks to play in their arena.

Quote:

They are only single if they want to be. Generally the loot that they get from men makes marriage a dodgy proposition until they get close to losing their natural advantage. Then they snag a guy who they can manipulate.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:35 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,274,560 times
Quote:

I have a friend who is a successful attorney and she is mid 50's never been married. She has traveled all over the world, and is super smart, attractive, etc. I keep telling her that she has to RELAX when she is around guys because sometimes when smart people "throw their knowledge around" it gets intimidating and YES boring. I don't think its intimidation with most guys as much as it is being just plain bored at where the conversation is going or has been. I have seen her talk with guys and they almost look like they are falling asleep listening to her legal experience or the trips she has been on. Keep telling her to ask the guys about themselves..they like that stuff, someone who is interested in THEM.

No, I don't think men are afraid to approach extremely attractive women, most want someone good looking and vice versa. I feel that when a guy first meets a beautiful woman and she opens her mouth and starts talking and he doesn't get a word she said it starts to fall apart fast if her conversation is WAAAY above what he can understand. Basics, just the basics work when meeting someone new.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:18 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,372,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Women also label confident men as players if they flirt with a few women.
Then they are not aware of the true meaning of confidence. Machismo is an entirely different thing~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships