Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 02:20 PM

22,192 posts, read 29,194,682 times

Advertisements

YES YES YES YES YES they are!!!!

Been there a trillion times. I hate to say it but the saying that the pretty girls are always in the corner alone or sitting at home alone on a saturday night is true. I can't tell you how many zillions of times I went out and NO ONE approached me. I've been told over and over again that I'm too imtimidating. It gets really old. I can't tell you how many weekends I spent alone.

It seriously made me rethink my working out and taking care of myself. I mean yes I did it for myself but if no one was going to approach me to appreciate it why bother??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 02:49 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,491,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
Then they are not aware of the true meaning of confidence. Machismo is an entirely different thing~
So which one is it? You expect a guy to just one girl a month? Why should he stop if he gets rejected?

Old 04-19-2012, 02:50 PM

639 posts, read 825,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Pretty women walking down the street.
haha, great song

Old 04-19-2012, 03:10 PM

6,536 posts, read 7,256,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post

Been there a trillion times. I hate to say it but the saying that the pretty girls are always in the corner alone or sitting at home alone on a saturday night is true. I can't tell you how many zillions of times I went out and NO ONE approached me. I've been told over and over again that I'm too imtimidating. It gets really old. I can't tell you how many weekends I spent alone.

It seriously made me rethink my working out and taking care of myself. I mean yes I did it for myself but if no one was going to approach me to appreciate it why bother??
The thing is that sometimes women want to believe nobody approaches them because they are “too attractive and smart” when actually the guys around her simply don’t find her attractive, smart, or both. It may sound harsh but I think everybody should think about this. There has been times where I simply don’t get a reaction as I expected from a girl I found interesting and attractive. Is it because I am “all that”? Nope, she just didn’t find me attractive, interesting, or both and I just have to accept it as it is and move on.

Do women ever think that guys don’t approach them simply because she is not attractive to them, interesting, or both?

Old 04-19-2012, 04:36 PM

8,012 posts, read 8,174,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
The thing is that sometimes women want to believe nobody approaches them because they are “too attractive and smart” when actually the guys around her simply don’t find her attractive, smart, or both. It may sound harsh but I think everybody should think about this. There has been times where I simply don’t get a reaction as I expected from a girl I found interesting and attractive. Is it because I am “all that”? Nope, she just didn’t find me attractive, interesting, or both and I just have to accept it as it is and move on.

Do women ever think that guys don’t approach them simply because she is not attractive to them, interesting, or both?
^^^^
This in a nutshell.

The fact of the matter is that no women is going to be every guy's type.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:

This is true but guys would think she is taken or get asked out left and right. Its phychology.

They should not wear makeup and wear loose shirt to look less attractive.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:

Does this apply to guys also?

Old 04-19-2012, 04:59 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,088,385 times
The thing is - there are some women that are beautiful and intimidating and there are some women that are beautiful and not intimidating. I think the intimidating ones probably get hit on a lot less than the not intimidating ones. And I think a lot can go into someone seeming intimidating or not - bone structure, hair, clothes, attitude, body type, etc. I'm short and pretty vivacious. I've only had one person say that he found me intimidating. It shocked the hell out of me!

Oh - and I'm not saying one is bad and the other is good - or that we all have control over this - these are just my observations.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
The thing is - there are some women that are beautiful and intimidating and there are some women that are beautiful and not intimidating. I think the intimidating ones probably get hit on a lot less than the not intimidating ones. And I think a lot can go into someone seeming intimidating or not - bone structure, hair, clothes, attitude, body type, etc. I'm short and pretty vivacious. I've only had one person say that he found me intimidating. It shocked the hell out of me!

Oh - and I'm not saying one is bad and the other is good - or that we all have control over this - these are just my observations.
The tall aggressive ones could be intimidating.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:35 PM

34 posts, read 65,095 times
Yep, I have to admit that I am a bit intimidated by women I find attractive. As I get older, I still find myself to be a bit shy and I am sure the fear of rejection plays a big part. Rejection sucks and most guys would rather avoid the big R so they stay away. Of course, when I have a few beers in me...then the Dutch courage comes out and I can talk to most women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships