Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 07:04 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,505,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcity81 View Post
Yep, I have to admit that I am a bit intimidated by women I find attractive. As I get older, I still find myself to be a bit shy and I am sure the fear of rejection plays a big part. Rejection sucks and most guys would rather avoid the big R so they stay away. Of course, when I have a few beers in me...then the Dutch courage comes out and I can talk to most women.
The biggest rejection is not even trying. Why not give yourself a chance before rejecting yourself to began with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
YES YES YES YES YES they are!!!!

Been there a trillion times. I hate to say it but the saying that the pretty girls are always in the corner alone or sitting at home alone on a saturday night is true. I can't tell you how many zillions of times I went out and NO ONE approached me. I've been told over and over again that I'm too imtimidating. It gets really old. I can't tell you how many weekends I spent alone.

It seriously made me rethink my working out and taking care of myself. I mean yes I did it for myself but if no one was going to approach me to appreciate it why bother??
Why don't you try it online?

Old 04-19-2012, 07:13 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
^^^^
This in a nutshell.

The fact of the matter is that no women is going to be every guy's type.
My grandmother thought that every man that wasn't attracted to her was gay. Apparently, most of the male population at that time was gay!!! Who knew!

Old 04-19-2012, 07:58 PM

845 posts, read 1,348,614 times
Yep, yep, intimidation sets in at the same time that attraction feeling sets in and "something" comes up.

There is a very pretty girl at work. While she is very attractive, I've learned my lessons from past experiences; never get involved with someone at work. A friend of mine actually told me that and now I abide by that rule. I'll keep it strictly professional as best as I can. If I need to talk to her, great, if not there's really no reason to do so.

Then again, am I totally off my rocker?

Old 04-19-2012, 08:27 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,418,578 times
Quote:

Been there a trillion times. I hate to say it but the saying that the pretty girls are always in the corner alone or sitting at home alone on a saturday night is true. I can't tell you how many zillions of times I went out and NO ONE approached me. I've been told over and over again that I'm too imtimidating. It gets really old. I can't tell you how many weekends I spent alone.

It seriously made me rethink my working out and taking care of myself. I mean yes I did it for myself but if no one was going to approach me to appreciate it why bother??
I've been there but once I start talking, laughing and letting loose, it's downhill from there. Men tend to BELIEVE my friends and I are just attractive, high maintenance women that are looking for our next victim but once they get to know us, they find that we are fun, silly, attractive women with personality.

At the end of the day, you have to come with a personality. I tend to always smile and make eye contact. Before I did this, I noticed that men would stare at me and when I looked at them, they would quickly look away. I was lost as to why I wasn't getting approached more often. Lucky for me, I had a lot of men that are close friends. They told me that I can come across as intimidating by glance. Even though I'm nice and easy going, no man will know that on sight. So they gave me some great advice. They told me to let my personality come out in my body language and facial expressions. It actually has worked well for me.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:03 PM

114 posts, read 214,281 times
Quote:

I think that you may have to be the one to make the first move since guys are so intimidated. If you have that kind of affect on guys, that means you have the power, I know that might be kind of an odd thing to say. but its true. I think that sometimes people have to do the opposite of whats expected of them.

But on the bright side of that, you get to choose the kind of guys you want to approach and you wouldn't have to deal with a lot of guys that you don't anything to do with.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
Yep, yep, intimidation sets in at the same time that attraction feeling sets in and "something" comes up.

There is a very pretty girl at work. While she is very attractive, I've learned my lessons from past experiences; never get involved with someone at work. A friend of mine actually told me that and now I abide by that rule. I'll keep it strictly professional as best as I can. If I need to talk to her, great, if not there's really no reason to do so.

Then again, am I totally off my rocker?
I also have kept the don't eat where you **** rule.

How about if both of you have the same goals in business, 50/50 business partner?

Old 04-19-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
I've been there but once I start talking, laughing and letting loose, it's downhill from there. Men tend to BELIEVE my friends and I are just attractive, high maintenance women that are looking for our next victim but once they get to know us, they find that we are fun, silly, attractive women with personality.

At the end of the day, you have to come with a personality. I tend to always smile and make eye contact. Before I did this, I noticed that men would stare at me and when I looked at them, they would quickly look away. I was lost as to why I wasn't getting approached more often. Lucky for me, I had a lot of men that are close friends. They told me that I can come across as intimidating by glance. Even though I'm nice and easy going, no man will know that on sight. So they gave me some great advice. They told me to let my personality come out in my body language and facial expressions. It actually has worked well for me.
If you smile then where is the intimidation?

Old 04-19-2012, 11:03 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,276,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
^^^^
This in a nutshell.

The fact of the matter is that no women is going to be every guy's type.
Not sure if women want to admit that every once in a while instead of thinking that they are too pretty and smart for guys. Intimidation is not the same as guys not finding a woman attractive and/or smart.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:48 AM

956 posts, read 1,766,843 times
[quote=sierraAZ;23901544]He probably believes it... He's only 22 and many guys have boyish looks at this age. That's certainly something that will be appreciated later

Hey, I love boyish men. Other women's loss if they only go for the macho types. Later, they might start complaining about those dominating men they chose!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships