Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 06:49 PM

733 posts, read 1,661,019 times

Advertisements

I think so, especially the ones that are also successful and confident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 06:55 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,568,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Nope, I got it going on.
You do. You are very attractive.

But I wonder, just from seeing some of your photos and posts on here, if you don't project unapproachable. You seem guarded and a bit prickly.

Not meant to be disrespectful, just an observation.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:43 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,740,296 times
Himain if I was a lesbian I would dig you. Ahahahahahahaha

Old 04-20-2012, 08:03 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,494,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Himain if I was a lesbian I would dig you. Ahahahahahahaha
Or Bi.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Or Bi.
Nah I like men more.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:34 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,173,387 times
A pretty woman, no. A scantily clad pretty woman, yes.

I started a new job several years ago as a consultant for a small business. I met the office manager and couldn't believe she actually worked there. It seemed she should have been a model or something -- just didn't fit the crummy little office scene. The Christmas party was scheduled for the first night I was there -- and this same office manager was dressed in a tiny red dress. Yikes! I didn't dare look at her as I was afraid I wouldn't be able to look away! I spoke to her very briefly, then did my best to give her a wide berth. Honestly, I wanted to just sit there and stare at her.

A few months later, after we had become close, she mentioned that night -- said she kept trying to get my attention but I wouldn't look at her. I had to explain it to her.

I'm old as dirt now, but I still remember my high school days. I was only attracted to the prettiest girls. But if I was attracted to them, I was too shy to ask them out. One of my best friends had a sister a year younger than us who was arguably the prettiest girl in our school, and he constantly was badgering me to ask her for a date. He insisted she had a huge crush on me. I didn't believe it but finally worked up the courage to ask her to a school play. She said she had to babysit that night but would love to go out with me another time. I was so crushed I never asked again.

I just never thought I was a catch in high school. Now I look at my year book photos and think, WOW! HUNK! (I had thick hair, rippling muscles and no wrinkles!)

Old 04-20-2012, 09:45 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,011,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Now I look at my year book photos and think, WOW! HUNK! (I had thick hair, rippling muscles and no wrinkles!)
As opposed to all your peers who did...?

Old 04-20-2012, 09:47 PM

Hahahaha

Old 04-21-2012, 06:44 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,142,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
i will never ask a man out but if i'm interested, i will show it, one way or another, trust me. The kind of man i'm looking for, if i have to ask him out, he will never step up and man up to anything, or he could just be humoring me..which is fine, but not what i'm looking for.
WAIT A MINUTE!

So if a guy doesn't get your "I'm interested" vibe, then he's not a man? WOW!

But that's not even as upsetting as you expect a guy to ask you out because if you ask him, then he might just be humoring you?????? Really????? So you expect the guy to assume that risk with you, but you're not willing to assume it with him?

I've always enjoyed reading your posts (I think, now I need to go back and check that I don't have you confused with someone else), but that seems very unfair and self-centric IMO. In my world, you should never expect someone to do something that you are blatently not willing to do yourself!

Old 04-21-2012, 07:29 AM

5,789 posts, read 5,556,576 times
^^^ mer86 just touched on the prevailing theory of a LOT of young women born post 1985) today, and maybe even older ones as well. Numerous ladies have expressed to me that they will not ask a guy out or even approach him, for simpleton reasons such as what she stated. Makes no sense to me, and then attack a man's "manhood credibility" if he doesnt...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships