Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2012, 09:07 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,130,763 times

Advertisements

I don't think men are intimidated by beautiful women, perhaps there some women with bad attitudes therefore many men believe its better to avoid them than risk chatting to them,

I must admit - I can flirt/chat with a woman who I consider to be ok easier - but once I genuinely find a woman attractive then is perhaps gets a little difficult - like I like her, and maybe she likes me and we know it - but both of us are afraid of being rejected, or looking foolish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 10:21 AM

22,181 posts, read 29,140,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Himain if I was a lesbian I would dig you. Ahahahahahahaha
I'll let you know when I'm in your neck of the woods

Old 04-21-2012, 10:23 AM

22,181 posts, read 29,140,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You do. You are very attractive.

But I wonder, just from seeing some of your photos and posts on here, if you don't project unapproachable. You seem guarded and a bit prickly.

Not meant to be disrespectful, just an observation.
Thanks Luc!. I'm not guarded at all but I'm smart and not one of these women who eat all the BS that is handed to them. I hold my own very well. Can I be prickly?? Yes but that's the smart part about me. I'm a very strong personality woman. Either you can handle it or you can't. It honestly helps weed out the weak ones. I definately can come off as a bytch when I need to but other than that I'm like a guy with big boobs

Old 04-21-2012, 01:19 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,387,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmateo View Post
WAIT A MINUTE!

So if a guy doesn't get your "I'm interested" vibe, then he's not a man? WOW!

But that's not even as upsetting as you expect a guy to ask you out because if you ask him, then he might just be humoring you?????? Really????? So you expect the guy to assume that risk with you, but you're not willing to assume it with him?

I've always enjoyed reading your posts (I think, now I need to go back and check that I don't have you confused with someone else), but that seems very unfair and self-centric IMO. In my world, you should never expect someone to do something that you are blatently not willing to do yourself!
no, if a guy doesn't get my "I'm interested" vibe..he's not interested in me, thus why is asking him out going to make a difference? like I said, the last thing I'm thinking, is that he's intimidated by me so therefore, I should ask him out myself. I'm thinking he's not interested. I like men to take the lead and most men can read that about me so the ones who like me tend to ask me out eventually. some women would prefer to take the lead themselves. that's fine, we're all different. I don't think what I want is self centered, its just my preference. Its not like I take take take. trust me, I give way too much so asking to be pursued just a little bit, isnt asking much. that and dating isn't something where everything the other person does, should be reciprocated in the exact same way and have hairs split over it. I think what matters is that something is reciprocated, not the nature of it. so why should it matter that I'm not willing to ask a guy out as long as I also actively participate in the pursuing? I'm not going to give a guy a bouquet of roses just cause he got me one..that's kinda weird, isn't it? I"m not asking some guy to pursue me if I'm not willing to do that myself..now that would be self centered! and if I'm not interested which makes me uninterested in pursuing, I just drop the guy because it woudln't be fair to him.

Old 04-21-2012, 01:27 PM

102,059 posts, read 106,854,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
have you ever thought that a guy might not approach you for the simple reason that he doesn’t find you attractive and/or smart?
How would he know if a woman was smart, unless he talks to her?

Old 04-21-2012, 01:33 PM

102,059 posts, read 106,854,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
Seams like to many women are looking for Gorgeous Hunk Of Manliness.

And the men are looking for the women who is a 10 / boarder line 11.

Down the road of life neither one of them is satisified,
and they start looking again.
Yeah. The thing is, if you only go by looks, you may never find the personality that works for you.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:08 PM

51,847 posts, read 52,242,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Nope, I got it going on.
Do you realize how you come off with this post.

Really???

I've been on this forum for a long time and you're always prattling on about how hot you think you are.

Here is the real deal.

You aren't nearly as hot as you think you are, not by a long shot. I see hot chicks here in So Cal all day and every day.

Just cause some dude wants to bang you, doesn't mean crap.

Plus, whatever attractiveness you have gets mitigated once you start speaking.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:47 PM

34 posts, read 62,863 times
hmm, I've usually used the phrase in my head "what's the worst she could say, no?" when talking to any chick weather she be hot or not. BUT I did implement a idea of the "no chase" rule, after the first rejection of a chick leave her alone, is she wants a challenge she should go play organized sports.
Attached Thumbnails
Are men intimidated by pretty women?-pub-.jpg  

Old 04-21-2012, 02:48 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,514,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Thanks Luc!. I'm not guarded at all but I'm smart and not one of these women who eat all the BS that is handed to them. I hold my own very well. Can I be prickly?? Yes but that's the smart part about me. I'm a very strong personality woman. Either you can handle it or you can't. It honestly helps weed out the weak ones. I definately can come off as a bytch when I need to but other than that I'm like a guy with big boobs
Wow. That's, well, quite an interesting way to put it.

Yes, you do seem to be the type that takes no shyt........which is why, I guess some dudes would consider you intimidating.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:56 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,975,357 times
Nope. I'm smart enough to realize none of 'em are going to give my fat ass the time of day. But I'm not intimidated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships