Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2012, 07:58 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,587,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
It's a line unattached women hear from their friends often when they wonder why they seem to be perpetually single. "Men are just intimidated because you're so beautiful/smart/successful/etc."

Is it true that men are afraid to approach a woman they find extremely attractive, or is it just a line used to make these women feel better?
Afraid? No....Annoyed? Very!...all a woman has to do is please the six senses. Its the one that involes my ears that is the deal breaker. Most women that are pretty never say cool things that sound good. Yea they look good, but as soon as you hear them talk or have a convo I'm annoyed.
G
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 08:05 PM

135 posts, read 147,167 times
Afraid no.......alot of them tend to have a high maintenance attitude about them. More than likely they know they are attractive and have all sorts of men coming up to them on a daily basis. I feel that when an attractive woman says something like "I have no men that approach me" its a flat out lie. It really means she doesnt have the kind of man SHE WANTS to approach her.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:07 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,582,718 times
depends on what stage, just starting to notice girls, tongue tied, slobbering, my idiot behavior makes me safe.
college, back then soda jerks with long hair were groovy, so i was very in for awhile, beautiful women several per week, instant academic probation and frequent and severe auto wrecks. not good. soda jerk sobers up and the women went away.
now old guy typing on CDF, its too late. so i relax and actually enjoy pretty women. i am only a source of amusement for them now if that. to me more like cats now than people, fun to watch, graceful beautiful creatures. i am no threat, they approach me often.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:22 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,587,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlsanders View Post
Afraid no.......alot of them tend to have a high maintenance attitude about them. More than likely they know they are attractive and have all sorts of men coming up to them on a daily basis. I feel that when an attractive woman says something like "I have no men that approach me" its a flat out lie. It really means she doesnt have the kind of man SHE WANTS to approach her.
exactly!!! That's why I only focus on the women I know like me. Myspace facebook twitter n pof has taken the female ego way past the moon. I'm not contributing to it getting higher. That's why I say I don't feel intimidated or afraid but I feel a sense of irritation when _ here a woman brag about all the losers who bother her.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:13 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,680,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Thanks Luc!. I'm not guarded at all but I'm smart and not one of these women who eat all the BS that is handed to them. I hold my own very well. Can I be prickly?? Yes but that's the smart part about me. I'm a very strong personality woman. Either you can handle it or you can't. It honestly helps weed out the weak ones. I definately can come off as a bytch when I need to but other than that I'm like a guy with big boobs
I feel the same way sometimes. One of my guy friends told me I had a 'vagina by default'

I don't deal with BS either and I think that's a huge reason why I'm single. For some reason, the men I come in contact with love playing games and will wait weeks to call or text. Then, they get pissed off when you tell them you're not interested in them anymore. If you like me, call me and show some damn interest, otherwise I'm moving on.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:19 AM

22,413 posts, read 29,564,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Do you realize how you come off with this post.

Really???

I've been on this forum for a long time and you're always prattling on about how hot you think you are.

Here is the real deal.

You aren't nearly as hot as you think you are, not by a long shot. I see hot chicks here in So Cal all day and every day.

Just cause some dude wants to bang you, doesn't mean crap.

Plus, whatever attractiveness you have gets mitigated once you start speaking.
You're entitled to your opinion and that's fine.

However, I don't care how I come off with that post. I have it going on and I know I do. Sorry if you don't care for my confidence but the attention I get from BOTH sexes when I am out in public verifies that. I am the woman that other women sit there and make snide remarks about due to their jealousy and insecurity. And trust me, it's not just because some dude wants to bang me. People on here obviously have no idea of my FULL personality so when I am spoken to and get to be known, they realize I have a great personality to match my appearance.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:24 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,785,441 times
I think most men are conservative when it comes to women, tend to have more of a old school approach to relationships. I think if men could skip dating and just get into a relationship with a woman who's into him and have more of a wholesome experience most men would take that.

However, I think most women are liberal when it comes to dating, tend to have e more fears and tend to be more at times difficult to get along with. I think men aren't insecure of really attractive woman but tend to view them as spooled, maybe stuck up and as a result go for more average looking woman who will be with him rather than someone to play head games or someone you have to constantly spend money on to please.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:25 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,237,185 times
Himain, all I have to say is -Oh brother miss thing, it's not because of jealousy and insecurity, they make comments because you sound completely ridiculous. It sounds like you are trying to convince yourself you've got it going on to justify the fact you can't seem to find a relationship with anyone and have been going on about it in here for quite some time now. The more you talk about yourself, the more insecure you come across. So, don't kid yourself. You sound ridiculous not confident at all. If you have to continuously talk about yourself that way after all this time that should tell you something - like your looks and personality aren't all that and it's not obvious or jealousy. Your looks are simply mediocre at best for most people - frankly I don't see it at all and Chow is right, you open your mouth and the self obsessed verbage that spews out completely voids you of any type of desirable personality. People aren't jealous of it - they are just sick of hearing it. You require constant and continuous validation and it's tedious. There is nothing - looks or personality wise that many people including myself would be jealous of. I feel sorry for you that you haven't really realized this is what is holding you back - it's not that people find you intimidating. When you come into a room or a thread you never acknowledge an existing conversation or the people - you just jump right in talking about yourself. That is the type of thing that sabatoges you the most and is something that would turn a lot of people off.

Last edited by Thursday007; 04-23-2012 at 06:04 AM..

Old 04-23-2012, 06:25 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,450,948 times
The other factor for me is how my day and life in general is treating me. When things are going well, I'm far more likely to be more talkative and as a result approach an attractive woman. There are other factors too. Another example, when I'm on the road away from my home City, again I'm more open to it. As I've already said in this thread, sometimes intimidation is a non issue. Other times thats not so much the case. Its situational for me.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:46 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,293,976 times
Himain,
So if men don’t approach you it is because you are too beautiful for them and intimidating, right? Even if a guy tells you that you are not attractive and/or interesting, you just won’t accept it and think he is lying to you, right?

Sometimes I wonder if it is difficult for women to see that not everybody in the world will find them pretty and/or smart and therefore not approach them the whole night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships