Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 01:39 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,099,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
The accident 30 some years ago...?
Well, that one is a given.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 01:40 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,386,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuy2.5 View Post
Well, I guess what is it that he did to make you consider him one of the two? If you only seem to attract the two, then maybe there is something wrong with what you perceive as an egomaniac or insecure guy? Women want a confident man, but when one approaches them, they view him as egotistical. Its just a viscous circle. At least in some cases this is true.
LOL..you're completely misunderstanding me. Also, you don't know what insecure and egotistical men do?? these are just the majority of what I and many other women attract, not 100% of them. honestly, I don't know which is the lesser of the two evils, but I guess depending on the level of insecurity, I'd rather take that guy over the egomaniac.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I guess I can understand you because if a woman won’t woman-up to also be brave, take that step, etc. then it means she’s just not into me and I’ll have to accept the reality and move on to someone who is. Hey, we can’t win all the time.
oh geeze..its not about bravery. its about the kind of man I'm looking for. that's why I show interest. most men read too far into a woman's signals anyways so its not like I have to show that much interest.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:50 PM

6,534 posts, read 7,250,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
oh geeze..its not about bravery. its about the kind of man I'm looking for. that's why I show interest. most men read too far into a woman's signals anyways so its not like I have to show that much interest.
You are attracted to the kind of man who will take initiative, ask you out, and so on. I am attracted to the kind of woman who also does those things. Makes me feel that she is into me as well. Signals, indirect messages, body language, etc. sure, it’s cute, but I like more than that and the girls I go out with do as well. Whatever rocks our boat, right?

24,645 posts, read 38,512,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
That's why if there was a guy I wanted to date, I'd ask him out myself, because if I waited for him to muster up the nerve it would never happen.
That's a good philosophy to have. Don't wait for guys to make a move, because lots of us are clueless.

28,896 posts, read 53,932,532 times
Actually, MrsCPG has said repeatedly that she married me because I was the only man who was unafraid of her. On the second date, she said something not-so-nice to me and I basically told there that no woman on the planet was hot enough to talk to me like that, which kind of shocked her because I'm a pretty affable sort. She apologized and knew, by our fourth date, that she was going to marry me.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
You are attracted to the kind of man who will take initiative, ask you out, and so on. I am attracted to the kind of woman who also does those things. Makes me feel that she is into me as well. Signals, indirect messages, body language, etc. sure, it’s cute, but I like more than that and the girls I go out with do as well. Whatever rocks our boat, right?
yep..exactly. has nothing to do with me being chicken..its just what I prefer.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:02 PM

6,534 posts, read 7,250,781 times
Quote:
yep..exactly. has nothing to do with me being chicken..its just what I prefer.
And the majority of women prefer that. We all have our preferences, that's all .

Old 04-17-2012, 02:04 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,512,484 times
Quote:
I will never ask a man out but if I'm interested, I will show it, one way or another, trust me. the kind of man I'm looking for, if I have to ask him out, he will never step up and man up to anything, or he could just be humoring me..which is fine, but not what I'm looking for.
But how do you know he'll catch on?

Old 04-17-2012, 02:06 PM

30,410 posts, read 21,633,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
In all honesty, I'm more intimidated by pretty men. That's why I'm quick to label them gay.
That is true. Men who are really good looking are all gay and should be avoided like the plague by strait women. Examples: Brad Pitt:, Ryan Reynolds: , Mark Wahlberg: , LS Jaun:STRAIGHT

Us men who are of the "Plain" variety are almost always straight!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships