Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 02:09 PM

30,397 posts, read 21,633,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
But how do you know he'll catch on?
Some woman in this day and age don't know how to send men signals. Simple concept: They give us the signal, we pursue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 02:10 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,386,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
But how do you know he'll catch on?
I have no idea..its just a gamble I guess. thing is, if I'm being friendly and open, he'll do what he wants if he's interested..from what I've noticed happen to me and my friends. At least most men would understand that even if I'm not interested, that I'll turn him down nicely instead of rudely like women who are not friendly would do. but this is just my experience..everyone else has different experiences. if he doesn't make a move, I just assume disinterest. its probably a bad idea to assume, but what else am I supposed to think? the last thing I'm thinking is that some guy is too intimidated by me.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,908,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
That is true. Men who are really good looking are all gay and should be avoided like the plague by strait women. Examples: Brad Pitt:, Ryan Reynolds: , Mark Wahlberg: , LS Jaun:STRAIGHT

Us men who are of the "Plain" variety are almost always straight!
We can add modesty to your long list of qualities.

I'll never understand that Brad Pitt thing... He's not really handsome and he's definitely not hot. In fact, he's pretty much cold fish.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
We can add modesty to your long list of qualities.

I'll never understand that Brad Pitt thing... He's not really handsome and he's definitely not hot. In fact, he's pretty much cold fish.
LOL! I think he's good looking but nothing out of the ordinary so ya I don't get the big deal over him either.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:16 PM

6,534 posts, read 7,250,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
the last thing I'm thinking is that some guy is too intimidated by me.
Well said. Sometimes I wonder if women ever think if the guys around her simply don’t find her attractive, interesting, or both, instead of thinking that men don’t approach her because she’s too hot and too smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Some woman in this day and age don't know how to send men signals. Simple concept: They give us the signal, we pursue.
The whole signal game can be deceiving. A woman might intend to “send signals” by smiling, giggling, playing with her hair, clearing her throat, whatever. And a guy might “decipher” the signals and approach her and start from there. A woman might play with her hair, smile, etc. simply because she wants to but not because she wants to “send signals”. You’ll have a man approach and try to do something about it only to see her get angry and give him an attitude. I prefer to show and to see a friendly clear message that someone either wants to be with me or not.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:18 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,239,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
In all honesty, I'm more intimidated by pretty men. That's why I'm quick to label them gay.
Yeah, "pretty boy" is a slam. The "pretty boy" needs to figure out a way to unpretty real fast.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Well said. Sometimes I wonder if women ever think if the guys around her simply don’t find her attractive, interesting, or both, instead of thinking that men don’t approach her because she’s too hot and too smart.

The whole signal game can be deceiving. A woman might intend to “send signals” by smiling, giggling, playing with her hair, clearing her throat, whatever. And a guy might “decipher” the signals and approach her and start from there. A woman might play with her hair, smile, etc. simply because she wants to but not because she wants to “send signals”. You’ll have a man approach and try to do something about it only to see her get angry and give him an attitude. I prefer to show and to see a friendly clear message that someone either wants to be with me or not.
wow..if all I have to do is giggle, smile and twirl my hair, I'd be married by now! those are not signals. its just stuff some women do. I'm kinda shy, especially around new people so at times I've overdone the giggling and hair twirling without realizing it. no wonder so many men on here have trouble..poor guys.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:48 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,351,113 times
I would think it has more to do with approachability. I've seen some beautiful women out at the restaurants/bars/clubs and there were no shortage of men surrounding them. If a beautiful woman smiles and looks like she's having a nice time, men are less intimidated. If a beautiful women looks pissed or miserable, chances are men are going to leave her alone.

My sister was always very popular for her looks back in HS, college and later on. She never had a problem meeting men.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:51 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,478,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
It's a line unattached women hear from their friends often when they wonder why they seem to be perpetually single. "Men are just intimidated because you're so beautiful/smart/successful/etc."

Is it true that men are afraid to approach a woman they find extremely attractive, or is it just a line used to make these women feel better?
Why waist your time on things that will never go anywhere.

Most women who are classified as good looking cost to much to even be around and no matter what you do for the they are never satisfied.

And when they get old their beauty is well you know over and here comes the wrinkles and the prune faced

Click here .. it might be the answer to the problem.

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]If You Wanna To Be Happy by Jimmy Soul (with Lyrics) - YouTube[/SIZE]

Old 04-17-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
Why waist your time on things that will never go anywhere.

Most women who are classified as good looking cost to much to even be around and no matter what you do for the they are never satisfied.

And when they get old their beauty is well you know over and here comes the wrinkles and the prune faced

Click here .. it might be the answer to the problem.

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]If You Wanna To Be Happy by Jimmy Soul (with Lyrics) - YouTube[/SIZE]

so men don't get wrinkly either? hmmm..I must have been working with wizards when I worked at the retirement home then!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships