Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 01:43 PM

502 posts, read 391,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Scandinavia is extremely feminist! Enough to make USA look chauvinist in comparison. Sweden is the worst one of all. For example, there were lobbyists who wanted to enact a "violence tax" on all men, for being potential abusers toward women . Paid sex is illegal for men, but legal for women. Given what you (River City Rocky) said in other threads, I'm pretty sure you'll hate it there. Norway is almost the same as Sweden. Finland is a little better. Its sauna culture is pretty cool; its language is very difficult, though.

The only Scandinavian country that still has Europe's famous laissez-faire politics is Denmark. Its gender-specific laws are more similar to those in Germany and Holland, as far as marriage, sex, and body modesty are concerned. So if you want to move to Scandinavia, stick with Denmark. Although honestly, I'd move to continental Europe instead, if I were you.
I didn't know that about Sweden and Norway I always thought they had pretty good social equality in all aspects. That's crazy that you say women can pay for sex but men can't, I'll have to look that up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 03:54 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,869,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River City Rocky View Post
I didn't know that about Sweden and Norway I always thought they had pretty good social equality in all aspects. That's crazy that you say women can pay for sex but men can't, I'll have to look that up.
It's more complex than that. Both Sweden and Norway make it legal to sell sex but illegal to buy/pay for sex. Technically, men can sell and women can't buy. But since most sellers are women and most buyers are men, the law ends up being gendered in practice. Sweden, however, takes it one step further: it arrests people who travel to countries with legal prostitution to engage in such act, and forbids its citizens to travel abroad for repeated offenses.

To get the thread back on topic, chivalry is virtually nonexistent in most of Scandinavia, with a possible exception of very rural/traditional areas. On the plus side, you'll never be expected to pay for the woman's dinner. (Although cooking it at home, inviting her over, and presenting her a bill, it's still considered tacky. ) On the minus side, due to the strong feminism in the culture, the barriers of entry into a relationship are extremely high.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:07 PM

502 posts, read 391,401 times
Quote:
It's more complex than that. Both Sweden and Norway make it legal to sell sex but illegal to buy/pay for sex. Technically, men can sell and women can't buy. But since most sellers are women and most buyers are men, the law ends up being gendered in practice. Sweden, however, takes it one step further: it arrests people who travel to countries with legal prostitution to engage in such act, and forbids its citizens to travel abroad for repeated offenses.

To get the thread back on topic, chivalry is virtually nonexistent in most of Scandinavia, with a possible exception of very rural/traditional areas. On the plus side, you'll never be expected to pay for the woman's dinner. (Although cooking it at home, inviting her over, and presenting her a bill, it's still considered tacky. ) On the minus side, due to the strong feminism in the culture, the barriers of entry into a relationship are extremely high.
Are you from there? And by saying that the barriers of entry into a relationship a high, do you mean that the women there are very picky on who they date?

Old 07-17-2018, 05:23 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,869,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River City Rocky View Post
Are you from there? And by saying that the barriers of entry into a relationship a high, do you mean that the women there are very picky on who they date?
No, I'm American. But I read about Scandinavian countries and their dating culture on some of those "how to meet women" sites.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:59 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,050,246 times
Quote:
No, I'm American. But I read about Scandinavian countries and their dating culture on some of those "how to meet women" sites.
Oh so it must be true.

Old 07-19-2018, 02:43 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,835,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I used to have a hard time getting laid when i was younger because i followed the nice guy routine, until i started acting like a jerk towards women. Acting like a jerk, got me laid 3 times a week. None of those girls were much of a relationship material, but getting laid 3 times a week with different women, was alot better than not getting laid at all. European women understand their role and fulfill it beautfuly and without being pushed to do so. They havent been brainwashed by american feminst movements and other destructive nonsense. They know what it means to be a woman.
Oh, I don't know.

I find European women to be much more "feminist" than American women are (hint: one can be a feminist AND cook and clean. Most "feminists" DO cook and clean). Women in Europe take their 6 months to one year (or more) of maternity leave, for example, completely for granted. That one social policy alone -- let alone others -- is something that American women can only dream about -- and that's probably all they'll EVER be able to do. I think most American women can enjoy 6 whole weeks of maternity leave in comparison!

On another note, it sounds like you've been well served by "feminism." I'll assume that you assumed that all those 3 women a week that you "laid" were on birth control. What movement was it, do you think, that made easy access to birth control not only possible, but expected? Do you think grown men prior to "feminism" enjoyed the same sexual freedom you clearly do?

"Feminism" has liberated men more than is has ever liberated women.

Old 07-19-2018, 04:00 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Oh, I don't know.

I find European women to be much more "feminist" than American women are (hint: one can be a feminist AND cook and clean. Most "feminists" DO cook and clean). Women in Europe take their 6 months to one year (or more) of maternity leave, for example, completely for granted. That one social policy alone -- let alone others -- is something that American women can only dream about -- and that's probably all they'll EVER be able to do. I think most American women can enjoy 6 whole weeks of maternity leave in comparison!

On another note, it sounds like you've been well served by "feminism." I'll assume that you assumed that all those 3 women a week that you "laid" were on birth control. What movement was it, do you think, that made easy access to birth control not only possible, but expected? Do you think grown men prior to "feminism" enjoyed the same sexual freedom you clearly do?

"Feminism" has liberated men more than is has ever liberated women.

Yeah, some men have used "feminism" in some form to gain easier access to sex. I've been saying that the 10 plus years I've been on this forum.

Old 07-22-2018, 07:02 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,137,328 times
Chivalry may be dead in Clearwater Fla from now on..............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships