Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 03:43 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Please, mercy, no, not again.
sorry i tried to look for a thread but nothing came up

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Do men who call women "female" call themselves "male"?

Personally, I do not like the use of "female" in reference to women. It is sort of belittling and dehumanizing. I prefer to be referenced as a lady, as a woman, even as a girl.
i dont know about them but i call them male.. i dont see how its dehumanizing, isn't it a biological term for sex? which i was born a female
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 03:46 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
i dont know about them but i call them male.. i dont see how its dehumanizing, isn't it a biological term for sex? which i was born a female
Not sure if guys find it as insulting, degrating, and dehumanizing, to be called a male.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:52 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
sorry i tried to look for a thread but nothing came up

If you are ok with being called "female" then good for you.

I personally find it offensive. I am a "lady" and prefer to be referred to in more respectful terms. Ms or Miss also work just fine for me.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:01 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
For all the non-males out there, do you find it offensive, insulting, degrating, and dehuminizing when you fill out an application/form and it says: Please check one: Male...F-E-M-A-L-E.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:02 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,233,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
If you are ok with being called "female" then good for you.

I personally find it offensive. I am a "lady" and prefer to be referred to in more respectful terms. Ms or Miss also work just fine for me.
The topic is not about what others call you. It's about how you refer to yourself.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:03 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
For all the non-males out there, do you find it offensive, insulting, degrating, and dehuminizing when you fill out an application/form and it says: Please check one: Male...F-E-M-A-L-E.
This post isn't about whether men are offended at being called male. It's about whether women are offended at being called female.

Of course, you can always start your own thread.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:03 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
i was on a forum and i called myself a female and people tore into me and said there is something wrong with me if i refer to myself as a female. i tried to look it up and nothing came up.. well i am of the female sex so i'm confused on why its wrong.

I guess this is the right forum
Well, you may consider yourself an animal, but most of us do not.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:04 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,828,747 times
Quote:
i was on a forum and i called myself a female and people tore into me and said there is something wrong with me if i refer to myself as a female. i tried to look it up and nothing came up.. well i am of the female sex so i'm confused on why its wrong.

I guess this is the right forum
Yeah I had a thread in this forum somewhere and I think I called women/girls females and for some reason all these other CDers had to call me out on it like it was a big deal.

Aren't the words women, girls, and females all the same thing? I could understand it being disrespectful if I was referring to them as chicks maybe but I don't really see the issue with the word females.

But I have noticed that people on these boards like to over analyze and correct people even on their punctuation and spelling which for the most part isn't necessary.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:05 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,828,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, you may consider yourself an animal, but most of us do not.
What are you talking about?

How does the word female = animal?

Old 04-19-2012, 04:05 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,233,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
This post isn't about whether men are offended at being called male. It's about whether women are offended at being called female.

Of course, you can always start your own thread.
Am I not reading the header correctly????

Whats wrong with calling yourself a female? It doesn't say "What's wrong with calling women, girls, ladies, madames, dames, chicks, etc, female.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships